“Still Fantastic!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
“Still Fantastic!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Sounds like jlh2104 below may be a little rascist!! The new owners are delightful and Mojo's is even more fantastic. The only change in the menu is the delicious salmon carpaccio and chicken ribs which have been added. I have them every time with the old favourites which are consistently delicious. I recently had my birthday there and the host/owner, Theresa, was so helpful and even shared a shot with us at the end of the night! Everyone loved it. Well done new owners!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Sydney, Australia
“Change of owners.. what a shame”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This was one of my all time favourite Sydney restaurants until a couple of months ago when it was sold by the Spanish owners to an Asian couple. The place has done a complete 180 - average food (now asian inspired), awkward, slow service, weird atmosphere, different crowd. Very sad to say I will never go back there. End of an era.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
228monica, General Manager at Mojo's Tapas Bar, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Hi Im sorry that you had a bad experience with us at Mojo's as you know we are very new and trying to improve our service to all our loyal and new customers and every customer whom comes in to dine with us is very much appreciated and we would only want one thing for our guest it to be relax and have a great time. The team at Mojo's would love to see you back again and hope it will not disappoint you and sorry for your last visit.
“best for function”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I'm sorry but the review below was over exaggerating, we had our family member engagement there last Saturday and everything was perfect from food, service and atmosphere. The owner went out off her way to decorate the room and throw in a big cake and free shots for all of our 100 guest. everyone was very impress how much they give us even it would not cost them much but the thoughts was on our party and that's what counts.

If you want to have fun and enjoy the atmosphere with great service and food Mojo's is the place to go.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“was a regular but will never go again after a terrible experience - DO NOT GO”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I used to go to this place a couple of times a month and was pretty happy with them until one Sunday when their wheels really came off...

Firstly the chicken skewers were undercooked - I took a bite and was greeted with a piece of chicken that was cooked on the outside but completely raw on the inside. I asked them to cook it some more and then it came back to me burned on the outside and still not completely cooked on the inside.

The calamari was chewy and the coating tasted like floury flour.

Then the lamb was super dry and chewy... I couldn't eat it, neither could my girlfriend. At that point I decided to leave so I asked to settle the bill. I reasoned with the really sour waitress to remove just the chicken from the bill (I didn't eat the calamari, the lamb of the chicken but I was willing to pay for the other two) She wouldn't remove it from the bill, or anything else - I complained and the chef (who was listening in) got involved. He then shouted and called me names including "disgusting human being" and told me to "go to McDonald's"

I told him I would because at least at McDonald's they know how long to cook things for. I left and I'll never go back. And I don't recommend anyone else dines there, it is horrendous. They lost a loyal customer and from what I've heard, I'm not the first that has experienced such terrible treatment from them

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“The original Bondi tapas joint..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

An institution that is always a great feed..
Never had a bad experience here!!
Top spot..