“13 Days of Value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Meriton Serviced Apartments Bondi Junction

You added Meriton Serviced Apartments Bondi Junction to your Saves list
Meriton Serviced Apartments Bondi Junction
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   97 Grafton Street, Bondi, Waverley, New South Wales 2022, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Bondi
Manchester
“13 Days of Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed at MAS for two weeks whilst working in Sydney. As a regular traveller (approx 100 nights away per year) I normally stay in hotels for shorter stays but these apartments were excellent and great value for money.

Despite there being building work going on this was being well managed and was non intrusive from a dust and noise perspective. We were on the 17th floor so cannot comment for those directly above the worksite. We were not advised of the works at booking but given the low level of works it really was not an issue. From a security point of view although someone could get into the building to the reception floor they could not access any living sector of the building without a lift pass and there are security cameras everywhere, so we certainly felt like security was covered.

The rooms are well appointed, apart from the normal tea, coffee, shampoos etc there was a supply of washing up liquid for the sink and dishwasher powder, as well as washing liquid for the washing machine, all of which were replenished by the cleaners. There was a plasma TV in the living room and bedroom, airconditioning, and unusually for Australia a good sized bath and a shower. The lifts are slow and do not seem to have any logic to the order they move.

The location is excellent, there is a taxi rank right outside and the aparetments are right above Bondi bus and rail station, (10 minutes into the centre of Sydney -Town Hall and $3.40 for a ticket) it is 50 Mtrs from the Westfield shopping centre which has both Woolworths and Coles as well as a David Jones food court which was great if you just wanted to get some pasta or curry or sushi. Keept the wife away though, the value of the Apartments was outweighed by the shopping bill. Car parking was $25 per day with which for Bondi is good value.

We found the staff to be friendly and responsive, our room initially smelled badly of smoke, we were immediately offered another room or to have the room cleaned. Of course in an ideal world we should never have been given the room but I have paid over $500 a night for very small rooms in average hotels where the service was similarly average. In Australia I think service has to be taken in the context of what you are paying and what you are receiving. In general the Australia service industry is poor mainly because Australians do not tip for service so staff get paid the same whether they give good service or bad. The cleaners we had for our room were great.

I found MAS to be excellent for Australia and great value for money, I would recommend them if you are staying in Sydney and dont need or want to spend all your time in the CBD. If you want superior service try the Shangri La in Sydney just dont expect to pay between $175 and $250 a night there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the East facing side of the building, the views from our room (1706) were great, w...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Bondi Junction M, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Bondi Junction, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear bdmapm,

Thank you for your detailed review of your recent stay with us at Meriton Bondi Junction. It is much appreciated to receive such positive feedback from a cultured traveller.

I am delighted you found the apartment ideal for your arrangements whilst residing in Sydney. The ‘apartments were excellent and great value for money.’ Your review certainly shines a light on the wonderful transport we have available at Bondi Junction complimented by the array of shopping and dining facilities. I am also glad you were impressed with the ‘friendly and responsive’ service received by our team members at Meriton.

I appreciate your feedback and hope we have the pleasure of serving you again at Meriton Bondi Junction.

Kind regards,

Senior Manager on Duty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
hobart
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I recently spent 8 days here, we found it to be very clean and comfortable. The location was amazing, we found it so easy to get around from there. Next time in Sydney we will certainly be staying there. Would highly recommend staying there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bondi Junction M, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Bondi Junction, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Sally,

Firstly I would like to personally welcome you to the Trip Advisor community. It is my pleasure to receive your first review on Trip Advisor.

It is wonderful news that you enjoyed your time at Meriton Bondi Junction and the ideal location we share with our tranquil surroundings. We certainly do attempt to offer our guests a relaxing stay at Meriton, and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your comforting experience.

I am pleased to hear that you will be visiting Meriton Bondi Junction in the near future and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Bloomington, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Is there any polite way to write a less than flattering review? Well here goes, the Meriton Serviced Apts. /Bondi Junction on Grafton has become an upper end youth hostel. Yes, of course they do take adults and even families but don't expect service included in the price.
The views in some of the rooms are fabulous however they do not allow you to request a room with a view. Automatically they send guests to the back side of the building overlooking construction. And the construction crews begin work at 7am.
The entire building is non-smoking but they refuse to enforce this rule. So if you don't smoke and you have a neighbor who does smoke the management won't get involved. You mush hash it out yourselves which can be quite uncomfortable.
The Meriton is currently undergoing renovations so the front desk is hidden well back behind the elevators in a former stock room. This means that anyone off the street can access the building and get to the elevators without being detected. Not very safe.
Included in the renovations are the fitness facilities. They won't tell you about any of the renovations before/during or after booking. You are welcomed to dust, debris and noise upon arrival. And what if you had intended to use the gym or rower? Well, they won't tell you-you have to ask for an alternative. Then you will be advised to cross the courtyard to the sister building and share a small, poorly equipped space with the long term family renters. There are 2 bicycles, one stair climber, a paramount machine (terribly dated and rusted) and a few free weights (assembly required). Once over there you have no access back through the courtyard. We were locked out and not allowed re-entry through the courtyard. We had to take the elevator to the street then enter the serviced side where we stayed.
Although some of the reception staff are wonderful there is a dark undercurrent of hostility toward guests with questions and requests. The staff does the least possible in most cases. If you need something they often act as if they are put out.
I hope this helps you make your decisions. I know after 3 years as a returning guest to Meriton Serviced Apartments/ Bondi Junction I have no intentions to go back. The staff is rude and lazy, the apartment is overpriced and under serviced and I'd rather get my views on Bondi Beach with my toes in the sand.

Room Tip: Quest on Oxford Street- quiet, affordable, serviced, convenient Number 71- Shabby chic, convenient...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Bondi Junction M, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Bondi Junction, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Snotnosepunk,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Meriton Bondi Junction.

I was glad that I was able to speak with you personally about the incidents which occurred during your stay. I sincerely hope I have clarified any misunderstanding or miscommunication that may have occurred during your stay.

The issues discussed have been addressed with the relevant departments to ensure these instances do not occur again in the future. I am saddened by the fact your stay with us was not of the usual high standard we pride ourselves on.

I have personally provided you with my details and I welcome you to contact me with regards to any future reservation, as previously discussed. If there is anything you would like me to elucidate on considering your recent stay, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on the details provided.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

These serviced apartments are wonderful and as a female travelling on my own very secure and clean
The staff were fantastic and nothing was too much trouble for them, even though the reception area was in the middle of a major refurbishment they worked efficiently
The noise level in the apaprtment was very low mainly due to the excellent glazing.
They are located next to the Westfield shopping centre and central for restaurants and all shopping
The views are amazing from the high floors

Room Tip: My apartment had an amazing view of Sydney from the 13th floor and even though it overlooked a major...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Sally,

Thank you for taking the time to post on tripadvisor about your recent stay at Meriton Bondi Junction. I was very pleased to see that you enjoyed your overall experience.

Our team certainly strives to deliver an excellent service to our guests, and when this particular service is recognized it is much appreciated. I will communicate your delightful feedback to the team, and I’m sure it will be well received.

As you mentioned we share a fantastic location with a wealth of restaurants, complimented with the convenience of a fantastic shopping center, Westfield.

We very much appreciate the feedback you have provided and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

These apartments are in a great central location for visiting Bondi Junction, Bondi Beach or the city.
- They are large, clean and have everything you could need (full sized fridge, all kitchen equipment, washer and dryer etc).
- It is approx. 25 minute walk to Bondi Beach or a $10-$15 taxi ride, with a taxi rank right outside the apartments.
- The train and bus station is right below the apartments and the city is only 2 stops on the train, with trains departing reguarly.

As well as all this they have a pool and spa/sauna which is great.

Room Tip: We were in room 806 which looked over bondi junction, however my parents were in room 909 and they h...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Katlass,

We are delighted to receive your informative response about Meriton Bondi Junction on TripAdvisor.

Your detailed points about transport within the area provide a great insight for other guests residing at Bondi Junction. I am glad you could provide us with such positive feedback. Your lovely review is certainly appreciated as it exemplifies the amazing location we are currently situated and the copious amounts of transport available at our footstep.

We thank you for your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back to any of the Meriton Serviced Apartments collection in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed for 1 week 5th - 12th March 2013 and found 99% everything to our satisfaction and meeting our expectations. Housekeeping slowed down a little half way through our stay but was rectified on alerting reception to re-freshed our 2-bedroomed apartment. So glad I paid a little extra to have that wonderful view from the 15th floor of the Bridge, Opera House and Harbour. It was wonderful to see the Queen Mary 2 set sail at midnight from our apartment, what a sight! Also, another cruise liner leaving during the day-time. The apartment was just perfect for our stay being close to Bondi Junction stations, taxis and Westfield Shopping. We were able to purchase minimal groceries for breakfast during our 7 night stay with ease. I would definitely stay at this property again on visiting Sydney.

Room Tip: Worth spending a little extra and getting that fabulous harbour view to wake up to each morning. Lo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear 197Elaine,

Thank you for your five star review!

I see this is your first review on trip advisor. I am pleased that we have the honor of receiving your first review.

It appears you certainly made the most of your experience at Meriton Bondi Junction. The view of Sydney Harbour Bridge, and Sydney Opera House offered from your apartment would have been a wonderful sight. Our harbourview apartments are hand selected and offer panoramic views of Sydney Harbour and offers our guests the opportunity to witness such remarkable events as the Queen Mary 2 departing from the Harbour.

Thank you once again for your first review on Trip Advisor we look forward to welcome you back to Meriton Bondi Junction for your future stays in Sydney.

North Coast NSW
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We have stayed in these apartments on numerous occasions. The location is fantastic and the views spectacular. The apartments are spacious and well designed. On our most recent visit there were a few negative issues which were disappointing. On arrival we found that the 2nd bedroom had a broken overhead light and one broken bedside light which made it really dark. The kettle in the kitchen was also missing. On Saturday morning we notified the front desk requesting that the lighting be addressed and the kettle replaced. That night the overhead light was still not working but the bulb had been replaced in the bedside light which was better than nothing. The kettle had not been replaced. Bathroom towels were replaced when not required, but the bathroom mat was missing.The manager on duty did provide a small discount on check out to compensate for the inconvenience, a gesture that was appreciated. However, when you are paying $500 plus for one night, the apartment should be presented with basic amenities functioning and/or present
Small issues, but when you pay a lot of money, you expect attention to detail. Hopefully things will improve on our next visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear A-Hamilton,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay on tripadvisor.

I am thrilled to hear that you could not fault the aesthetics our apartments offer. ‘The location is fantastic and views spectacular’, this statement truly does stand out as a crowd pleaser for our esteemed guests.

However, I was disappointed to read your comments in relation to the maintenance and upkeep of your apartment. Your recent stay was not of the high standards we provide and pride ourselves on at Bondi Junction. However, be assured your comments have been taken seriously and have already been discussed with the relevant departments.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. We look forward to welcome you back and to be of service to you and your family again in the near future.

Senior Manager on Duty

Been to Meriton Serviced Apartments Bondi Junction? Share your experiences!