“Great location and price but cleanliness lets it down” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Bondi Sands

Bondi Sands
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bondi
Bondi Sands
You added Bondi Sands to your Saves list
252 Campbell Parade, Bondi, New South Wales 2026, Australia   |
Ranked #10 of 15 Specialty Lodging in Bondi
UK
“Great location and price but cleanliness lets it down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2006

This hostel is small and has a great location right on the beach. The owner/manager is friendly enough especially to females!
I stayed in a double room which was nicely decorated and had a lovely comfortable bed. The linen and towels were clean as was the room (includes a sink which is useful). Initially I found the hostel to be great, but after the third night I was ready to leave. The bathrooms were small and if the hostel was full probably not sufficient.
The kitchen area really lets the hostel down as it is small and unclean. There were cockroaches in the kitchen and on the worktops, those that cooked there were braver than me! The oudoor terrace area had superb views but needed a good sweep.
With the amount of cockroaches in the building the owner should make sure that the guests clean up after themselves more as I'm sure this is the route of the problem. The swedish cleaners are doing a good job, a bit too much time spent in the mens showers- one cleaner kept conveniantly cleaning the showers whilst my boyfriend was in there! Could she not wait five minutes perhaps go and clean the kitchen? Lock up your boyfriends!
It wasn't until we had left that my boyfriend told me that our room had been crawling in cockroaches- scrap what I said about the place been clean.

Stayed January 2006

Families
Couples
Business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2006

A lovely smaller hostel with a great location. the kitchen was a little small but a least it was clean and there was plenty of cups. The roof top area was a great way to spend the evenings watching the sun set and drinking nice bottle of wine. For my money this place is great the rooms and bathrooms are clean and the staff are great. Its a 30 sec walk to the beach what more can you say...5 stars

• Stayed January 2006
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2005

What a nice place to stay. The room was clean with a TV. The roof top out door lounge kitchen area was just great with views of all of Bondi beach. The shared bathrooms were not what i was used to but it made me feel like i was back at Uni which wasnt a bad thing (they were clean. The staff were great and made me feel at home.

• Stayed September 2005

Been to Bondi Sands? Share your experiences!