“Not Bad” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Swiss Grand Resort and Spa

Save Saved
You added Swiss Grand Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Swiss Grand Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cnr Campbell Pde and Beach Rd, Bondi, Waverley, New South Wales 2016, Australia   |
Ranked #6 of 9 hotels in Bondi
U.k.
“Not Bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2010

Having booked an overnight stay it was with trepidation that we entered our room after reading the below reviews. We were however delighted at most of what we found.
The bedroom was very large with plenty of storage space and pillows and the living room was comfortable. The bathroom had both a shower and bath with lots of towels including pool towels.
The room was clean although the bathroom could improve with the use of BAM. Our T.V. worked well in the bedroom but we were perplexed at the lack of a T.V. in the living room as there was a space for it.
Also no bedside clock which was frustrating. My main complaint however would be with the outside pool which was a great disappointment. It was dirty and the area needed a clean up with dirty towels & water bottles left around . At night there was the hub of music in the background but then it is Bondi Beach .
Staff were welcoming and helpful and we cannot review the food as we eat away from the hotel. We would stay again as the location is second to none.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
GM-Swiss-Grand, General Manager at Swiss Grand Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 2, 2010
Dear BlueSheep:

Thank you for posting your feedback regarding your recent stay.

Our location is certainly one of the key features of this property and we are pleased you felt the same. I am also pleased to read the rooms and service was to your satisfaction.

I have passed on your comments about the room and pool to the Executive Housekeeper as well as the in-room amenities.

Again, thank you for your constructive feedback and we hope to welcome you back to the Swiss-Grand Resort & Spa, Bondi Beach.

Regards,

867 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Brisbane
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

I have travelled alot, and have never been moved to write a review but i feel i need to warn others about this hotel. We stayed a saturday night. The hotel should downgrade itself a couple of stars. Noise from the hallway (doors slamming and revellers) through to approx 4am, problems with water flooding carpets in hallways, bathplugs that aren't the correct size, television sub-standard, generally a dissapointing experience. Price/value/quality totally out of balance.

Dear Ozirob,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay and I was disappointed to read of your experience. Please accept my sincere apologies that some aspects of your stay were below expectation. I have shared your comments with the housekeeping and engineering teams to rectify the issues you identified.

I would really like the opportunity for you to experience the hotel again. Please contact me directly so we may discuss a suitable arrangement. You can contact me on +61 (2) 9365 9700 or email generalmanager@swissgrand.com.au

Once again, I apologise that in this instance we fell short of your expectations.

Goondiwindi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

I had my concern about my booking when I started to read the reviews so went feeling a little more reserved about the whole thing. The Staff were great going from the day I booked our room, very helpful person. The girls were great when we arrived. I am very pleased we had an ocean view (only just) as that was the purpose of going to Bondi ( to see the water) as we live in country QLD. We loved the old decor ( you either do or don't) We found the old photos great, and in fact walked the hallways admiring these and then trying to work out were they were taken. I think that if I had paid the full amount I would be disappointed, but was happy paying what we did.This hotels decor is very much a personal thing.
Thankyou for a great visit to Bondi.
Regards
M

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
GM-Swiss-Grand, General Manager at Swiss Grand Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 3, 2010
Dear WellhelloBondi,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay. I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed your trip to Bondi.

I am also pleased to hear you enjoyed the décor of the hotel and found the historic photos interesting. I am also glad our staff was friendly and helpful during your stay. I have forwarded your feedback onto the relevant departments, who are always grateful when positive feedback is received.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Swiss-Grand Resort & Spa, Bondi Beach. Please let me know when you are planning a return visit.

New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2010

Stayed for one night to spend some time at Bondi Beach. Found a very good deal online & decided to rough it for one night, since it is well located on the beach. I was very pleasantly surprised when I arrived. The lobby is quite nice (much better than its sister hotel - Novotel Brighton Le Sands) & service was prompt & professional. Room was an extremely pleasant surprise: a mini-suite with a separate sitting room. Bathroom was nicely sized with separate stall shower; room was very clean. Room was set up to accommodate 4-5 people in a pinch. Definitely not Four Seasons standard, but a solid 3-4 star hotel in a great location.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
GM-Swiss-Grand, General Manager at Swiss Grand Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 25, 2010
Dear nyctravelr,

Thank you for posting your feedback on your recent stay.

Our location is certainly one of the key features of this property and we are pleased to read everything was to your satisfaction.

Bendigo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

We have just returned from the 2 nights Valentines Package which was about $560.00. Not cheap. Where do u start? The decore is disgusting, eighties style. We have stayed here before the last time being 5 years ago. Nothing has been updated. The TV was a tube Palsonic with terrible picture, the room stunk, the taps in the shower fell off, there was a bag of rubbish on our table when we arrived that stayed there all weekend despite the room being cleaned. The biggest disappointment was the package itself. Champagne, cheese platter, rose on arrival... not there. When we phoned the manager Mark he said that we would receive this tomorrow being Sunday (Valentines Day) "what time would we like it?" 4pm was arranged. By 4.30pm nothing so we called Mark. He gave a defensive monologue about the kitchen being extra busy and so on. What the? So what arrived eventually was just a bottle of house brand sparkling, no cheese platter no rose. We phoned Mark again. Then the cheese platter arrived. Not a platter but a bread and butter plate with 3 pieces of cheese on it. No knife, no crackers nothing. Phoned Mark again. Then we got a knife... During our interactions Mark was unhelpful and unprofessional. We work as nurses and if we made the same level of errors as Mark did people would die, it's that simple... Mark should seek another career away from the people business. At breakfast on Monday morning on the floor next to our table was a used bent cotton bud. The overall cleanliness of the entire complex has diminished considerably. We couldn't wait to get out. This was indeed a lot of money for a very domestic experience. Anyone wanting to stay in Bondi would be better off at Ravesis just up the road.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
GM-Swiss-Grand, General Manager at Swiss Grand Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 18, 2010
Dear Moby-Wan,
Thank you for your feedback we are extremely concerned by your comments and I would like the opportunity to discuss this with you. Please feel free to contact me directly on +61 (2) 9365 9700 or email generalmanager@swissgrand.com.au.
I sincerely apologise that in this instance we fell short of expectation.
New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2010

Writing this from the hotel room. Looking out at my view - a brick wall. I meant to book an Ocean View but mistakenly booked a Junior Suite - didn't discover my mistake til I got here. On walking into the poky room and freaking out that I had paid so much money for it, I phoned reception straight away and asked if we could upgrade and pay the difference. The guy I spoke to was rude, abrupt and without answering my question told me he was busy and he'd call back. Sat there waiting. He didn't call back. I phoned again, this time spoke to a woman. She said she would check to see if there were any other rooms available. She never called back either. By this stage I was resigned to staying in this horrible, dark room with a view of a brick wall. So, since we couldn't have a drink in our room and look at the view, we decided to go downstairs to the hotel bar for a drink. Except it was closed. At 8.30 on a Friday night. Strange.
With almost every interaction the reception staff swung between rude and indifferent.
And for all this, I paid more than I did for a room at a five star hotel in the CBD, which is where I am moving to tomorrow. Can't wait.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Dear Kdkay,

Thank you for your feedback and I sincerely apologise that in this instance we fell short of expectation. Please allow me to take this opportunity to respond to some of your comments.

I would like to apologise for inconvenience of the Lobby Bar opening hours. It actually closed at 10:00pm on Friday and 11:30pm on Saturday night.

I would really like the opportunity to discuss further with you. Please contact me directly so we may discuss a suitable arrangement. You can contact me on +61 (2) 9365 9700 or email generalmanager@swissgrand.com.au

Once again, I apologise that in this instance we fell short.

Brisbane
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

The service at the resort was rude and judgemental. As a young couple we felt that they tried to take advantage of us. We'd booked and paid for a Superior Ocean View King Suite and were instead put into a small room with a double bed that smelt like cigarette smoke. When we went down to highlight the mistake the staff member (assistant manager) said that the room we originally booked was under going maintenance checks and that she'd upgrade us into the 'Superior Ocean View King Suite ' (which was what we'd originally booked). There was no apology for the mistake and she acted like we were a huge inconvenience to her. There was no offer to make amends of the situation.

For a international resort, I'd like to think that the service and room quality was far more Superior. I travel frequently and by far this is the worst Hotel/Resort I've stayed at.

In terms of location the Resort is great, but I just hope you'll have better service than we did!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
GM-Swiss-Grand, General Manager at Swiss Grand Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 15, 2010
Dear BrisbaneLili,
Thank you for sharing your experience and providing your feedback. I sincerely apologise that in this instance we fell short of expectation.
I would like to apologise for the service provided during your stay and the inconvenience caused, I will follow up with the Front Desk and Reservations Managers and would like to discuss with you further.

Once again, I apologise that in this instance we fell short.

Richard Holt

Been to Swiss Grand Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!