This review will be wholly positive. Why? Time is limited - this hotel will no longer exist in its current form after April 2013. Therefore, any negative reviews, I believe are kinda pointless.
This has been my third stay over the last 16 years; plenty of conferences and meetings as well. I know this hotel well. Honestly, I've never had a bad experience here.
So why stay?
Bondi Beach is the iconic beach of Sydney, if not Australia. Fantastic beach for the whole family; big, soft white sand; clean water; the surf is fun. Swiss Grand is the ONLY large hotel facing this beach. Step out of the doors, cross Campbell Parade, you are on the beach. Once Swiss Grand closes, this kind of access will no longer exist. Yes, there are smaller, boutique accommodation options on the strip, but nothing as large as this.
Parking is cheap! At $20 a day; this is way cheaper than anything you get on street, and even most city beaches in Sydney. No valet, means no tip required; just find yourself a spot on the two underground levels.
The staff are hard-working, and pretty upbeat about their working futures. There will be an 88-room hotel on the back of the condos that are being developed on this site. Most of the staff will be transferred there. Global hotel chain Accor are managing the hotel at this time; they are keeping up with their brand standard.
The junior suite was excellent value - $259. Not only did it fit our family of five (included a rollaway at no cost); an excellent buffet breakfast was included.
The breakfast was busy! This meant the food turned over quickly, and was fresh.
Beach towels were provided at concierge, with a simple request: "Just bring them back." No deposit required, no tag, just simple courtesy and trust. Very nice.
For any negatives, you can read the other reviews. I will say, that I have always enjoyed my time at the Swiss Grand, and Bondi Beach. Book a night, before it closes forever - stay at the legend it was.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Swiss-Grand Resort & Spa Bondi Beach, managed by Accor is a 4.5 star all suite property and the only conference hotel located on the world famous Bondi Beach. The hotel features 203 suites, many with balconies and some with ocean views. Hotel features also include an outdoor rooftop pool, Samsara Day Spa, Health Club including indoor lap pool, Internet access throughout and an outdoor rooftop with 180° views of the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Swiss Grand Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swiss-Grand Resort And Spa Bondi Beach
- Swiss-Grand Resort & Spa Bondi Beach Hotel Bondi Beach
- Swiss Grand Hotel Sydney
- Swiss Grand Resort Sydney
- Bondi Beach Hotel