We did not have a room with special prices and as such we felt it was overpriced, however, we feel the main criteria is location location location. And Swiss has it. Walk out the front doors and you are on main street,and cross it to the beach.
Agree with previous reviews, re rooms a little tired, but they are really well set up and a good size. We had the Junior King suite, and there was a separate lounge room, which could be closed off to bedroom. Bathroom was well sized and had all the extras you need, soap, body lotions etc. small maintenance is required in some parts of the rooms, but did appear to be recently painted and redecorated. We were on 5th floor at back, and of course no view. Air conditioning worked well in our room, but friends room air cond was not up to scratch. We had plenty of lighting in rooms and also IN cupboards.
Staff at reception were very courteous and efficient, so don't know who previous reviewers dealt with. Walk to south Bondi, along path, to Icebergs club for a wonderful spot to sit, drink, eat, and enjoy fabulous view of the beach. We were the only Aussies there, as rest of patrons were all foreign visitors. Bistro open all afternoon, and 4 to 6 they have bar snacks for $8 to $10. There is a more up market restaurant, but we were more than happy with bistro.
For dinner we went to the Bondi Hotel (one block from Swiss) and this was so pleasant. Food was great and VERY reasonable.Friend had fettuccine marinara, and said it was best he has ever had!
Breakfast at Swiss is far TOO expensive, so we wandered over the road to surf club. There is a cafe on southern end, and they could not do enough for us. Service was first class as was food. They did not have omelettes on menu, and when I mentioned this to my husband, the waiter, jumped in saying, whatever you want we will make for you!. Great vege omelette, bacon and eggs ( huge meal) and 2 mugs os coffee, $34.00. Buffet breakfast at Swiss was $30 for one. No comparison. If you wanted continental $25, and if you wanted both, $35!!!! Buffet is always everything, including continental, but not here. SO BEWARE BEFORE ORDERING BREAKFAST. Just pop outside, and there are dozens of restaurants serving anything you can think of.
Overall, more than adequate rooms, great service, but overpriced. Location is first class.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Swiss-Grand Resort & Spa Bondi Beach, managed by Accor is a 4.5 star all suite property and the only conference hotel located on the world famous Bondi Beach. The hotel features 203 suites, many with balconies and some with ocean views. Hotel features also include an outdoor rooftop pool, Samsara Day Spa, Health Club including indoor lap pool, Internet access throughout and an outdoor rooftop with 180° views of the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Swiss Grand Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swiss-Grand Resort And Spa Bondi Beach
- Swiss-Grand Resort & Spa Bondi Beach Hotel Bondi Beach
- Swiss Grand Hotel Sydney
- Swiss Grand Resort Sydney
- Bondi Beach Hotel