“Can't beat location if you don't want any sleep” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ravesi's Hotel Bondi Beach

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bondi
Ravesi's Hotel Bondi Beach
118 Campbell Parade, Bondi, Waverley, New South Wales 2026, Australia   |
Ranked #3 of 9 hotels in Bondi
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
“Can't beat location if you don't want any sleep”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the side view queen room, view was great but noise all night from the road (buses, garbage trucks) was very bad, was woken up all night, no noise from the pub which most of the other comments mention. Bed was old and sagging, shower awesome, location can't be beat.

• Stayed May 2013

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights, and it was ok not exceptional for the price we paid.
Before our stay I had read the reviews about the bar noise that could be heard in the rooms and as I am pregnant I requested to have a room away from the noise, they emailed me to say that they would try but generally the split level suites were best as they are not directly above the bar, they said I could upgrade for an additional price which was not ideal. Upon check in however they informed me they had upgraded us for free so I did not encounter noise - so good service greeted us.

Unfortunately on our first night there was a bit of a confusion in the hotel and another hotel guest, at 12 mid night the shift manager walked into our room i.e. they knocked an entered without waiting for a response which was a little scary, were asked whether we were supposed to be in that room. The staff were extremely apologetic and said it had never happened before, it was a mix up with another guest with a similar surname to ours. Overall a unpleasant experience but the hotel management went the extra mile to compensate us for the inconvenience.

Also the AC did not work in our room only outside the room in the suite, had to leave the door open to cool the room.
The service here was very friendly but I think for quality of the rooms its a little over priced. I would stay here again if the price was a little cheaper.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

So, where do I begin? Upon reading some of the reviews on here about Ravesis, I was overall unsure about my stay for two weeks. Let me start by saying this was a trip that had been planned for about a year and I was travelling alone to meet some friends in Sydney.

This is totally irrelevant about the hotel, but if you’re undecided which airline to use to fly to Sydney, I’d definitely recommend Virgin Atlantic. Both legs of the trip (LHR-SYD) and (SYD-LHR), I got upgraded from Premium Economy to Upper Class totally free of charge, something they call an operational upgrade apparently.

Anyway Sunday 31st March 2013, I landed at Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport on time and immediately got into a taxi to Ravesis Hotel on Bondi Beach (cost $50 from the taxi rank – DO NOT PRE-BOOK A CAR, IT IS A WASTE OF MONEY.

Now, I can’t argue with some of the reviews that ask is this a bar with a hotel or a hotel with a bar, because I couldn’t make that decision either. Upon arriving, the reception staff were unbelievably helpful, a young girl welcomed me, asked me about my flight and made every effort to have my room ready as soon as possible (bear in mind I was there at 8am and the usual check-in time is 2pm). She said that I could leave my luggage with reception and that they’d secure it securely. She then recommended a place to go for a bite to eat just around the corner and that I should pop back just before 12pm as my room would probably be ready.

It’s important to mention at this point that I was originally booked into a side view room (cheapest option available). The girl at reception offered me the opportunity to upgrade for free to a split-level suite (Room 16). I took this immediately, and I have to say it was amazing (I’ll get on to that in a minute).

I went for a bite to eat at a small café called ‘Gabbys’ on Campell Parade. The steak sandwich was lovely! And before I knew it, it was 11:45am and I made my way back to Ravesis. The same girl on reception told me that my room was ready and gave me the key. I have to praise security at this point; you can’t get to level 2 of the hotel without a magnetic pass, which you have to swipe in the lift. I thought this was excellent, as you knew you were safe throughout your stay and that you wouldn’t get any unwanted visitors!

The room was amazing. I’d compare it to a top 5* hotel in London. You walk in the door, bathroom on your right hand-side and then you’ve got a staircase up to the main part of the suite. The suite had a flat screen TV, living room style area, double bed, air conditioning, Mini-Bar, FOXTEL and a terrace with table and chairs and a view of Bondi Beach. I can’t praise the house keeping team enough; every day wanting to make a spotless job of the room, cleaning around all my mess!

In terms of dining, the wine bar on Level 1 is a lovely place to just sit and have a drink, especially if you like sitting outside on a sofa soaking up the atmosphere. It’s typical bar food and the prices are fairly reasonable ($30 for a large Pizza, Bowl of Fries and a drink). Downstairs, you can get exactly the same food and drink, but it’s all inside with glass windows looking out onto Campbell Parade. I didn’t get the opportunity to sample the actual restaurant at the hotel because personally I preferred to sample what Circular Quay and Darling Harbour restaurants had to offer! However, you should definitely have room service if you get some free time, they bring the tray up the stairs in your room and lay it all out for you (it’s really quick service too) – the pizzas are excellent!

If you’re undecided whether to hire a car, I didn’t. There are so many taxis around the area, which you can just hail off the street, all are really friendly and will take you wherever you ask. Typical cost for a taxi from Ravesis to Circular Quay is around $30.

I can’t really say much more, apart from it was worth every penny. Don’t go to Australia with a small budget, because you won’t have a good time. The staff at Ravesis were fantastic, and the hotel overall was superb. I would definitely recommend it to anyone, a boutique hotel with very personal service.

Definitely visit Manly Beach, Circular Quay, Darling Harbour, Mosman Wharf and Rose Bay, Bondi Junction and as many other places you hear about, it is totally worth it!

I’m currently sat in the Upper Class cabin on Virgin Atlantic Flight 201 writing this, and will post as soon as I get to London. Thanks!

Room Tip: Split-Level Suites are excellent with great views!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The people who own/work here are very nice and were helpful, but for the price I guess I expected more. I had the king suite which did face the beach but the balcony on my room was not really something you could step out onto and the front of the hotel is right on the street so it's not like you can listen to the surf, so was a bit disappointed. The bed and room were very nice, but there was loud music in the restaurant/bar and so I could barely communicate with the reception desk when I arrived. I could hear the pounding in my room but enough to disturb sleep. On the other hand, Bondi Beach is lovely and the coastal walk is not to be missed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I returned to Ravesi's in late Feb. I enjoyed it even more than the first time. So nice after a day of work to cross the road and have a swim at the famous beach.
The staff at reception and in the restaurant/bar were fantastic.
So nice to have dinner on the balcony overlooking the beach. Ordered a lovely piece of fresh fish, and some wine.
Didn't want to leave!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Griffith, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We have stayed here before and we will definitely stay here again. Ravesis is small enough to offer personal service yet large enough to give you the privacy you need in your accommodation. The suites are modern, spacious and clean with very stylish furnishings (super comfy beds) and some of Sydneys best views across Bondi Beach. The atmosphere in the bar and cocktail lounge has helped turn boring afternoons and evenings into memorable nights and the food in the restaurant is among Sydneys best! Could not fault this place!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We had 3 nights here in January stopping off b/w NZ and London. It was recommended by SYdney friends, in lieu of a large anonymous chain hotel in central Sydney. We were in Suite 12, which had 3 of us, and wonderful views of the bay. Found it a lovely place to stay. As we were so high up, the bar noise had no impact on us, there is some street noise but not bad at all. Stunning views. Enough mod cons to keep us all happy. Great location to meet friends at Doyles, Iceberg etc. And taking the ferry from Watsons Bay over to Circular quay is pure joy. Perhaps not for the business traveller with meetings in the centre of Sydney but for people looking to enjoy a true city meets beach holiday - loved it. ALso - rather pricey which is why only 4 stars but we had no downsides in anything important.

Room Tip: the higher up your room - the better. it is a lively happening bar below!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Ravesi's Hotel Bondi Beach? Share your experiences!