“Brilliant Bondi Beach House! Quiet, Easy Access to Beaches & Downtown” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bondi Beach House Accommodation

You added Bondi Beach House Accommodation to your Saves list
Bondi Beach House Accommodation
28 Sir Thomas Mitchell Road, Bondi, Waverley, New South Wales 2026, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
10% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 4 Bondi B&B and Inns
Burlington, Vermont
“Brilliant Bondi Beach House! Quiet, Easy Access to Beaches & Downtown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Bondi Beach House is a fantastic place to stay. It is located in a quiet, tree lined, residential neighborhood, just a couple of minutes walk to Bondi Beach, or a short bus ride to downtown, where you can visit the Rocks, Sydney Opera House, the Toranga Zoo or whatever!

My family of four (husband, wife, 2 college aged daughters) stayed there for 4 nights as a
transit point from Vermont on the way to New Zealand. It was a great decision. Arriving on New Year's Eve, we enjoyed the fireworks from a nearby hill, as well as Bondi Beach's own festivities. Bondi offers a variety of restaurants and shops that cater to all levels of beach goers. Don't miss the cliff beach walk! Also, there is an easy, direct bus line to downtown Sydney, where you can catch the ferry to the Toranga Zoo (where you can see Tasmanian Devils, Wallabies, Wombats, and the like), or walk to other world class sites such as the Sydney Opera House, the Royal Botanic Gardens or the Rocks.

Ann and other "staff" members were all brilliant. This was my 5th time in Sydney; I wish I knew about the Bondi Beach House on my first four visits! I definitely recommend the Bondi Beach House. We will stay at Bondi Beach House and advise our friends to do so on our next visit
to Sydney. Well done Bondi Beach House!

Room Tip: Bondi Beach House is in a quiet, tree lined, residential neighborhood. Our room was facing the stree...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stayed over in Bondi for 4 nights last month and LOVED staying in the little Outback room -- aka "the Clubhouse" that I had always wanted in my backyard/garden when I was young! It was the perfect size for a single traveler with the en suite bathroom and free wifi. I had to get a little creative on unpacking my things in the tiny space, but that was part of the adventure. I was working remotely and it was a very quiet and productive spot. Plus the price is great for Sydney!

I met the managers and owners and they were lovely. The main house was beautiful with fresh flowers everywhere. It is decorated "shabby chic" which matches it's vibe. It was nice having some space in the kitchen to stash snacks, etc. and the washer/dryer were convenient. The bus stop is just around the corner and it is close to the beginning of the "Bondi to Bronte" Coastal Cliff Walk. I would recommend this property for people visiting Bondi Beach! Hopefully, I'll be able to return one day.

An earlier reviewer on this site had stated that she felt unsafe in this particular room (Outback) so I was a little bit wary beforehand. I never felt unsafe. The backyard was dark, but had motion detector lights that came on as you went up the walkway and into the yard. There appeared to be a new door chain added along with the regular lock on the room door. This place is secluded in a neighborhood and most people would not even know that this little room was back there. I think that the only way you could have an issue is if you were followed home late from a bar or something like that. I slept very peacefully and well -- even with the windows cracked. I am a very safety conscious girl and live by myself in the States. At home, I have an alarm and would not sleep with my first floor windows open, but it felt fine here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Linz, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

It wasn't the cheapest place, but definitely worth it. I was lucky to get the (newly renovated) shed in the back. It can't get better than this: your own clean back (with single bed, TV, toilet and shower) very close to Bondi beach. It was very quiet, hence I got the best sleep in weeks (and really needed it). I wished I could have stayed longer...
The kitchen dining area in the main house is large and very clean.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Townsville, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here one night on our way out of Sydney. We needed something last minute not too far from the airport and everything else was booked. The staff were very accommodating and helpful over the phone; when making the booking and also with questions after our arrival. I think TA ranks this place as a B&B, but it is more accurately like an upscale hostel. There is no breakfast provided. Some of the other rooms are quite small and share a bathroom upstairs which also doubles as the laundry facilities. We never saw any staff. They leave the key in your door and give you the front door code. It was a lovely room (room #1), with vintage beach decor, very spacious that included a large tea/coffee area with microwave and fridge, and an outlook of a garden veranda, with lots of natural light.The bed was extremely comfortable and we slept well.There was a beautiful fireplace filled with pinecones. Too bad at $185 a night, they couldn't manage to buy a natural gas insert. The room was cold upon arrival but a gas heater is provided which warmed the room up nicely. The bathroom was very tiny and with no shower curtain or glass partition, you can't help but get water everywhere. Upstairs we discovered a large, mostly modern kitchen which included a big, older style gas stove and oven. We were able to cook a healthy delicious meal, so that was a bonus, saving us money as well.

The location is excellent. It is a very safe area, just a couple minutes walk to the beach, shops, and restaurant, yet back enough off the main thoroughfare to be very quiet. They were having a wonderful winter festival with ice skating on the beach while we were there. Also, I can recommend "The Bucket List" as a delicious, eclectically styled casual restaurant with excellent service. Just walk over to the colored lights.

The only reason I didn't rate it 5/5 was because there is no designated parking and my boyfriend had quite a time trying to find a car park (two hour parking, on the street, some of it metered) close by and had to move the car a couple of times and park at quite a distance away. For nearly $200 a night, parking should be better. Also, there is a whole cupboard full of movies upstairs which is wonderful, but my boyfriend was upset because we found the dvd player wouldn't work. It was later in the evening and there was no staff on site to help us out. The reception hours are 0930-1230 daily. Other than that we really didn't need staff assistance, but you might if you were staying longer. In short, if you have the money this is a lovely place to stay. We probably won't stay again because at $185 (low season) a night it is out of our budget range.

Room Tip: Choose one of the larger rooms, number 1 is a good choice.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
norwich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

thankyou for a wonderful stay , literally a stone's throw from bondi beach , this shabby chic styled house , was ideal for myself my wife and a whole lot of friends whom all congregated here from all parts of the world for a wedding of my stepson in sydney last week , the house is spacious , clean and has rooms to suit all needs ie some with en suite some without , the hosts were very obliging and most helpfull , very very nice and highly recomended , can't wait to return ..

Room Tip: downstairs for the quieter part , there are a couple of single rooms i believe, cooking facility'...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Brilliant!!! Loved the beach the most, seeing all the Lifeguards that are on Bondi Resue all very friendly and willing to help. I am going back in a few years to work there, definatly one to go to. The Accommodation was very pleasent, great staff and magnificent views. Definatly going back!

Room Tip: Would recommend a room with a sea view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Santa Monica, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

I agree with many of the recent reviews. After looking at the pictures online and reading all the positive reviews, I couldn't wait to stay here. But upon arrival, I was sadly disappointed.

The Good - The location is unbeatable. The house is less than a 5 minute walk to the beach and the Bondi strip (restaurants, bars, stores, etc.). The staff is also sweet and accommodating.

The Bad - The house is extremely rundown. It looked completely different in person than it did online. The photos portray a clean, chic, bright cozy room on the beach, but unfortunately it was dirty, rickety, and uncomfortable. The shower was so small that the bathroom flooded every time we used it. There also wasn't a logical place to get ready in the morning. I felt like I was back in the college dorms.

This also isn't your typical B&B - it's more of a hostel and "do-it-yourself" place. The room didn't get cleaned once during our entire stay, and that's their normal policy. I wish I had know that so I could've been prepared.

In my opinion, the price was ridiculously high for what we got. It was fine, but our overall experience was more negative than positive.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Bondi Beach House Accommodation? Share your experiences!