We booked at last minute, read the other Tripadvisor reviews and our expectations were not high- thankfully. We found the hotel clean, the accommodation adequate and the shower pressure, at least was excellent. The airconditioning seemed to struggle at times.. Breakfast (buffet) was disappointing, lunch a total rip-off (no pizza either) and dinner (we booked halfboard) was generally fair and was good once. The entertainment for children was strictly for Italian and German kids and and no attempt was made to include English speakers - Even the Playstation games were in Italian, Spanish, Russian or Portuguese.- so no respite there either. The table tennis was exclusively for the resort repsm their would be girlfriends and sometimes for non-english speakers we felt.The excursions (to another beach and sailing/snorkelling) that were offered really missed the point with departure times set for the hottest times of the day with no shelter from the baking heat - not thought through at all. The hotel pool was cool and very pleasant and the attractive albeit man made (sandy) beach, was well managed and sunbeds always available. Unfortunately there was a very strong smell of sewage wafting across the bay for the last two days of our holiday, so the beach was not an option for those days. The evening shows were intensely Italian affairs but still had an amateurish charm of their own and our kids enjoyed some of the acts. Overall we felt tolerated but not welcome in a proud hotel managers sense - the wine waiters tried to make up for it and were excellent - as was the Sardinian wine and local Spumante . We did take a trip to Cagliari which is definitely work a visit. The hotel is in an attractive building directly next door to a large marina, which is a bit of an eyesore when viewed from the beach (retaining wall) but is otherwise beautiful views across the bay - especially at sunset. If you are Italian you will probably love this resort. If you are German or Spanish, you may like this resort. We thought that the Sighientu had a lot going for it but failed to capitalise on its assets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located right on its own private beach in Marina Di Capitana, Sighientu resort has beautiful sea view. It features a large swimming pool with plenty of sun loungers. Parking is free and Cagliari-Elmas Airport is a 40-minute drive away. All air-conditioned, the rooms have an elegant design with local stone, wood and ethnic furnishings. The main Scirocco restaurant has large terraces with panoramic sea views. The alternative restaurant with grill, the Libeccio, provides a large buffet of international and regional cuisine. A reserved children area is available. The hotel`s spa, Centro Thalasso Sighientu features a 32° seawater pool, and much more. You can also take advantage and book massages, beauty treatments, and use the outdoor hot tub. The Sighientu resort features a tennis court, sun loungers and parasols on the beach. During summer, a free shuttle is available to nearby beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sighientu Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aw Sighientu Life Hotel And Spa
- Aw Sighientu Life Hotel Marina Di Capitana
- Sighientu Village Hotel
- Sighientu Resort Capitana, Sardinia