“One of the best Indian Restaurants on the Costa Blanca” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night
San Juan de Alicante, Spain
“One of the best Indian Restaurants on the Costa Blanca”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

The Star of India El Campello serves excellent food (Indian menu only), with a very comprehensive menu. We have been eating here ever since it opened and consider the food as good as any we have eaten in India when on holiday. The staff are very helpful and always cheerful. The King Prawn Palak is particularly good as is the Lamb Rogan. Drinks are reasonably priced.

• Visited June 2012

Londonderry, New Hampshire
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Amazing tasty food, excellent service, very helpful, friendly and value for money..ate here twice in the one week

Visited May 2012
Catalla Alicante Spain
“Good food, good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I have regularly taken others tothis restaurant but untilrecently never been into myself due to distance from my home and having to drive. I am glad to have now had the pleasure. It was a hot day yet when we elected to sit inside where it was already cooler they turned on the air conditioning without having to be asked. The waiter brought over the menu told us that it would soon be cooler, took our order for drinks ( a little expensive ) and left us ample time to peruse the menu. Our drinks appeared and with popadoms with a selection of chutney only when we had put the menu´s down did he come back for our order. We had decided to not go for the menu of the day It would be good value but as I like a very spicy curry I wanted to try their Vindaloo. My partner had dal soup, I myself had the aloo tikka which had just the right amount of ginger to make them have a zing but not overpowering. These were followed up with a chicken biryani for my partner and for me a beef vindaloowith plai rice. The waiter was a little suprised as he considered this to be an extreamly hot spicy curry. I explained that I consider this to faily medium havingspent some three years in the far east. The biryani was a fairly large serving and full of flavour. The vindaloo was well spiced with the spices havig been toasted before cooking, the meat and potatoes showed that they had been marinated in the sauce to allow them to proporly take on the flavours. I personaly found the level of spices to be a little low, the waiter immediatly offered to have additional spices added. The dish quickly reapeared and the spice level was seriously improved. In discussion with the waiter it transpired that though he normally has a madras curry the level of spicing he had was simular to my ammended sauce. So a little toning down for local tastes. Total cost excluding drinks but with extra popadoms was 27 euros for two. In total a faultless visit combined with good wholesome food with an authentic taste of India and I will certainly be revisiting them again and again.

• Visited June 2012
Alicante, Comunidad Valenciana, Spain
“My Spanish students love this restaurant!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

This is one of most frequently talked about restaurants in El Campello. I often go there with my friends and students, especially after exams, to relax and enjoy the wonderful fragrant aromas and taste the succulent food of which there are many different plates to choose from. We always feel welcome here and the price is well adapted to this time of crisis.
The takeaway service is excellent, fast and friendly.
As yet I´ve not tried the home delivery service but I heard it was also to be commended.
We wish them many many years of good cooking..

• Visited April 2012
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Good quality curry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

So impressed with first meal that we returned for another during our 6 day stay. Fresh ingredients, and well cooked with good service. Reasonable price for quality of food.Would be even better if beers were a bit cheaper - 3 euros a pint.

Visited October 2011