“An Oasis in Lido Marini” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Lido Marini
Cuisines: Bar, Coffee Shop, Ice Cream, Delicatessen
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dessert, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Berkeley, United Kingdom
“An Oasis in Lido Marini”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

In the generally drab resort of Lido Marini, Pasticceria Martinucci stands out. You are instantly welcomed by a bright, clean, modern interior and, more importantly, a delicious array of cakes, pastries and ice cream. With air conditioning as well, this really is an oasis in which to indulge yourself - enjoy!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Chicago, IL
“Martinucci - Gelato Heaven in Puglia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

I returned to Lido Marini in Summer 2008 after many years of living in the USA. The second I stepped into Martinucci I was transported back to happy childhood memories.

My eyes devoured all of the 40+ gelati flavors that whispered to me for attention.

At some point each day during my week in Lido Marini, I returned to Martinucci to taste one (and more) of their amazing flavors: Nutella, Baccio, Limone, Strawberry...each gelato was delicious!

Closing my eyes while savoring every spoonful, I must have looked like a deranged visitor. However, I wanted to enjoy each lick and to preserve those flavors deep in my memory to hold me over until my return to this wonderful place.

If you've never been to Martinucci, GO!

If you plan on returning to Martinucci soon, please send me a spoonful of any of their gelati!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere