“What more can you say? Just superb!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“What more can you say? Just superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My wife and I spent 1 month pottering around Sri Lanka on a budget and our experience with Lankatracker was a highlight. We spend two days with Sanjaya in Yala off the beaten path searching for Leopards and tracked their foot prints in the sand which was very exciting.

Our camera battery charger broke two days before our safari and we searched high and low for a replacement to no avail. Sods law! Sanjaya came to our rescue by giving us his camera for the two days and even copied the photos to a CD and delivered to our guesthouse free of charge.

I could go on and on but would just be repeating the great comments made before.

Book with them and you will not be disappointed, if you are looking for a tracker that is passionate about the animals, customer service and you don't mind going off road (hold onto your hats!)

Visited February 2013

Sydney, Australia
“An authentic Sri Lanka safari”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

First off, Sanjaya is an excellent guide and clearly very knowledgeable of the flora and fauna in the area. I did two half days in Yala and one full day at Sinharaja and he worked very hard to make sure that we saw as much wildlife as possible. We did get to see the elusive leopard on 2 occasions (mother and cub the second time) and even crossed paths with a giant tusker - one of only 5 in Yala NP I was told. He has a great eye for spotting wildlife and I would have seen almost nothing if it weren't for his razor sharp vision and tracking skills.

He is assisted by his more than capable and very friendly wife Christine, who will do her utmost to accommodate your schedule. We must have exchanged 40 or 50 emails before everything was the way I wanted it, and I thank her for her patience. She also rang me on the last day to see how it was going which was a nice touch.

Sanjay's enthusiasm on the long drives and bumpy roads was infallible and he was also a great conversationalist, giving a great insight into the current state of the country whilst throwing the odd bit of humour in here and there. He is a very easy guy to get along with and we shared many laughs and stories.

He would always make sure I was comfortable and would share his food and drink with me that he had purchased. We also often stopped at roadside stalls to eat some boiled sweet corn or grab some buffalo curd for dessert that night. It is these memories as well as visiting the national parks that will always stay in my mind.

Taking a tour with Lanka tracker isn't just a wildlife spotting experience, and nor should it be. Spending time with Sanjay in his own country gives you an idea of the real Sri Lanka - its strengths, its weaknesses, its past and future and everything in between. This is the type of experience you won't get with a mainstream touring company where the driver is almost completely cut off from the tourists and can barely speak English regardless.

If you are at all looking for this sort of adventure, I highly recommend Sanjay and Christine for your stay in Sri Lanka!

Visited June 2013
Bath, United Kingdom
“Sri Lankan highlight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Our family of 5 have just returned from 2 weeks traveling around Sri Lanka and our trip with Lanka Tracker was the highlight for us all.
Christine helped us work out an itinerary to suit beforehand and indeed help in sorting out the next part of our trip.
Sanjaya is one of life's gems and expertly wields the yellow jeep around the obstacles to really get you into the heart of the park. Extremely knowledgable, great fun and brilliant with the kids ranging from a 9 year old, who couldn't keep quiet, and a travel sick teenager.
The only thing we would have changed is we should have asked Christine to book our accommodation - we had sorted our own beforehand and of course not knowing the area ended up with more driving.
Sanjaya and Christine we can't thank you enough.

Visited August 2013
Melbourne, Australia
12 attraction reviews
“Amazing!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I had researched a lot on Yala N.P. I decided to go with Lanka Tracker because they are a small local operated service. They have a car that can go where no other can and a driver/guide who is willing to deliver a service but not at a cost of the Wild Life. By this I mean that we did not race other vehicles to Leopard sightings! We were happy to accept the what ever wild life wanted to grace our presence. It was a huge day that started early in the morning and finished at around 10.30pm. Poor Sanjaya must have been exhausted. I know we were. It was a great day with plenty of laughs and we did see a Leopard!

Visited March 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Highlight of my Sri Lanka Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We made a 2 day safari with Sanjaya. First of all the Jeep is great - very comfortable and perfect to stand up to study all the animals in the park. He organised together with his lovley wife a very nice room in a clean hotel with good fine. The hotel was between the to National Parks. Sanjaya worked in those NP's in the Wildlife Department - so you can profit of a lot of KnowHow about the Parks, Animals and History. It was in two ways the Highlight of our journey: 1. coz of the nature and the Parks with the elephants - Sanjaya has a lot of insider knowhow which is very helpful to spot Birds, Crocs or see Elephants & Lepards. 2. Sanjaya made these two days for us very comfortable and we enjoyed his company very much. Just do it - you will feel the difference not standing with 50 other Jeeps in the line to drive around the park:)

Visited August 2013