Not the worst I've stayed in but close. After seeing a couple of dead moose on the highway we decided it was time to stop. This place was cheap but even with that it was hard to take. When we arrived the window was open but that didn't hide the stench of the room which had been doused in air freshener. The carpet was damp, the box springs stained and smaller than the mattresses (lumpy) that were on them. There wasn't really a lock on the door so we put a chair and suitcase in front and there was no curtain on the window. My husband was the only one to brave a shower and subsequently got a rash of unidentified orgin.
This place is preferable to running into a moose but only slightly.