“Perfect for anniversary celebration” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Holetown
Walnut Creek, California
“Perfect for anniversary celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Delicious food, fantastic location right next to the beach and very romantic along with excellent service.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Superb food, service US style”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Cannot fault the tides for their food, it as just delicious, but felt this was spoiled slightly by the US style service which, whilst very attentive, meant that we were pretty much in and out in an hour.

Would have preferred to linger over such a delicious meal.....

Visited August 2014
“Sorry this isn't a 5*”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We have been coming to Barbados for many years and always save Tides for a special occasion. We prefer it to the Cliff and have never had a poor meal. The food is amazing and so is the service normally - top notch on both counts. We were there for my birthday and had a lovely table - even had a balloon this year!! Also a great rendition of happy birthday!! So why only 4*? Other reviewers have mentioned service is faultless, sometimes quite formal. For us for the first time ever the service wasn't great! It took about 15 mins sat at our table trying to catch someones eye to place our wine order, we had to ask for our table to be cleared of dirty plates after sitting with them on our table for a while. And I know this sounds daft - but this is a top notch restaurant - nobody topped up our wine. We had to hunt to ask someone for a second bottle! We were OK with this but not normal standard when paying such a high price. Basically service was spotty with 2 hostesses spending most of their time at one table in particular chatting to the two guests for VERY long periods of time. I think we must have been there on an off night - we will go to Tides again as the food is so fab, but will keep my fingers crossed for better service!!!!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Guy B, Owner at The Tides, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
I can only appologise for the poor service your party received when you dined with us. As you know from previous visits that is not our standard. I look forward to welcoming you back to Tides next time you are on island.
Potters Bar, United Kingdom
“What a place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Went to the tides last night after numerous times of saying I would go and I must say why did I take so long to go here, it was amazing. From the start to the finish it was fantastic, went with my parents my wife and 5 year old boy and everyone was spoilt rotten by our waiter Wayne.
I would recommend this place to anyone can't wait to go back. When we left I bumped into the owner and head chef Guy and was really taken back by his warmth and pride in his restaurant, thank you very much to all and hope to see you soon

Visited August 2014
Marden, United Kingdom
“Return visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We visited Tides as a couple in November and then returned with family in July. The food is very good - better perhaps this time than last, with decent quantities too. Not cheap but we will certainly return.

Visited July 2014