“Movies in Style” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 17 Attractions in Holetown
More attraction details
Owner description: Limegrove Cinemas features table service, competitive pricing, Dolby 3D and Dolby Digital sound. Conveniently located on the West Coast of Barbados in the trend setting Limegrove Lifestyle Centre. The popular menu includes bacon cheddar cheese burgers, personal pizzas, seasoned curly fries, samosas, beer, wine, champagne, soft drinks and real theatre popcorn. Service is prompt and friendly. Reservations are recommended - Call 271-0071.
Bridgetown, Barbados
“Movies in Style”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My family and I are big movie fans. We heard about Limegrove Cinemas and decided to try it in June 2013. We have been back multiple times. The seats are super comfortable; the service (you are served where you sit) was wonderful and the staff are very friendly. They also remember you. Movie going in other cinemas cannot compete.

Phil H, Owner at Limegrove Cinemas, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
We built Limegrove Cinemas to be exactly the kind of place you describe and your review says it all. Thanks for this excellent review !

Trinidad
5 attraction reviews
“First time visit. Really nice place but expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

When I heard about Limegrove Cinemas I knew I wanted to experience it on my visit to Barbados with my wife. I have never heard of a cinema with table service where they bring your order to you while you enjoy the movie. Great ambience, comfortable chairs - they even have lounge like chairs in the front row that you can put your feet up and take in the movie. That would of been a little too comfortable for me, most likely I would of fallen asleep so no thanks LOL...There was plenty leg room in each row, and of course the table service was pretty cool. The only thing is I believe it would of been better if there was little table for each seat instead of one table per pair of seats. If not, it would of been nice if the table between the seats could of swivel so it would be over your lap. Just remember this is more of a luxury, costly tickets, costly food but I recommend experiencing it.

Chichester, United Kingdom
“Indoor Cinema closed - Because it rained!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

So if it rains in Barbados, what do you do??? - NOTHING. Everything seems to close, even the indoor cinema. I found this rediculous. Peobably the best opportunity for them to be open.

Phil H, Owner at Limegrove Cinemas, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Limegrove Cinemas was never closed due to rain. The cinema did not even close on the day Tropical Chantal affected the island and public transportation was not running. We were open and many customers enjoyed the shows. We feel this very bad rating is without merit and we hope it is reconsidered.
Holetown, Barbados
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent location to view the latest releases”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Superbly comfortable reclining seats in the slightly chilly a/c - maybe your only opportunity to wear a jumper in Barbados!
Show mainstream releases often before they are out in UK.

Visited April 2013
“Enjoyable experience but overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Though the cinema was enjoyable I can only give a three star rating because of the cost of the experience. The prices were manageable at first and specials were offered on different days of the week, but prices have gone up and there are no longer any specials.

Yes, I know it is value-added what with the comfortable wide seats, ample leg room, and plush surroundings, but I cannot with any good conscious pay that amount of money for a film and will not recommend that anyone do the same especially in the midst of a deepening recession on this island.

I couldn't wait for the evening to end, but that was more to do with a film that went on nearly an hour longer than it should have, Les Mis, rather than the actual cinema!

Visited January 2013
Phil H, Owner at Limegrove Cinemas, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
The gold class cinemas in the USA charge $18.50 USD. We operate Limegrove Cinemas in a more expensive market, supported by a smaller population and billed higher electrical costs. We realized we had to work harder to make our cinema viable and began offering exciting innovations like waiter call buttons and leather lounge chairs and you can still visit our cinema for as little as $12.50 USD and kids for $7.50 USD. We certainly understand and share concerns about the economy in a challenging market. We are therefore very gratified that excellent box office sales indicate that smart shoppers know Limegrove Cinemas truly offers excellent value for money.