“Amazing food, awful service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of JuJu's Sputnik II

JuJu's Sputnik II
St James, Holetown, Barbados (Formerly Juju's)
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 33 Restaurants in Holetown
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
New York City, New York
“Amazing food, awful service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

If you don't like your job, quit. Don't be mean horrible and unpleasant for the rest of us to deal with. That's what I wanted to yell while at Juju's - but the cheap beer, delicious food and gorgeous view got me past my anger (on three seperate days). If you want something easy and good to eat - and don't mind being treated like a second class citizen, check this place out.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Best Caribbean beach bar experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Having come to Barbados for many years I can't believe we didn't discover JuJu's before, but I'm glad we did now. As an overall Caribbean beach experience I don't think it gets any better than this. The beach is absolutely glorious, and you get to swim with turtles for free (just follow the boats). The drinks are cheap ($5 for a rum&coke and they don't go easy on the rum) and the food absolutely delicious.

Yes, it is indeed a beach bar with a tiny kitchen, so when you come just after they've accepted a big order it can take a long time for your lunch to arrive, but you're on the beach! Just order before you're hungry :)

We absolutely loved it and will definitely come back next year.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Mixed dependent on day you go!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Our first experience of this place was excellent. Really friendly staff and the food was excellent, drinks a good price too. Much much better than Ramshackles. Didn't wait long and enjoyed our experience.
The next day oh my, the woman who served us was so rude it took all of my control not to have a stand up with her! RUDE!!! We said we had a lovely meal yesterday it was a spicy fish etc etc... I asked her to remind me of the name and she said I wasn't here yesterday how should I know?! Even though she then told us the menu doesn't change and to read the board.
Horrible woman. Drinks slammed down, didn't acknowledge you just plain rude. If you don't like tourists find a different job!!!!!!!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Carnforth, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This great little beach shack is situated near the Lone Star, you will have to get on to the beach to find it, as it is not visible or signed from the roadside. The chips are the best in Barbados, and the scewered shrimps are excellent. The service is a little slow but well worth the wait.

Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Captures the Caribbean atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Once you have found this beach bar it is a good place to relax and view the ocean from a basic bar with rickety tables and chairs which is why people like it. The food was slow to arrive but a satisfactory meal with delicious home made potato chips. Lovely to be on the beach and feet from the blue sea.

• Visited April 2013