“Delicious sushi” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 30 restaurants in Holetown
Cuisines: Sushi, Caribbean, English, Asian fusion
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Since February 2014 Nishi is under the ownership of Paul Edwards, one of the founders of Nishi and Steve Prebble a UK entrepreneur who lives in Barbados. We incorporate a funky outdoor dining area and bar where you can enjoy the stars, air-conditioned dining watching our famous sushi chefs and a private dining area. We are family friendly offer everything from hereat sushi to homemade British pies and offer an early evening takeaway service.
Southport, United Kingdom
“Delicious sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

This was a real find a super Japanese restaurant in Holetown making a pleasant change from spicy foods. Bith myself and my husband (who has lived and worked in Japan), really enjoyed our meal especially the maki which had an really interesting twist. The wholes meal was a joy. Afterwards we congrated the chef who obviously takes a pride in preparing the dishes.

Do go you will not be disappointed. This is 1st class Japanese food, delicious and beautifully presented with care and innovation. The head chef needs an award for the food he is presenting. Yes, it is that good.

Visited November 2013

88% Recommend
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I have been to this restaurant several times and cannot fault the food. I have eaten the sushi which is delicious plus other items on the menu such as the beef salad and all has always been beautifully served and very tasty. The deserts are equally good especially the Chocolate Mousse. The service has been excellent on every occasion unlike some of the other more popular restaurants where the waiting time can be too long.
The only reason I have not given it 5 stars is because I think they should make the restaurant look more inviting from the outside. It isn't possible to see how busy it is and most people like to go to a restaurant that looks popular. Maybe the entrance should be more lit up and more use made of the veranda.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor Member
“Wonderful and Eclectic Menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

My family visited Nishi for dinner while on vacation in Holetown. We had a delicious dinner. While this is overall an Asian restaurant with mostly Japanese items, it is nice that there is also an eclectic array of offerings. My son's seafood Alfredo was delicious. My daughter and I had a salad with tuna tartare that was delicious and sufficiently filling for a light dinner. The desserts are also not to be missed. My husband's bread pudding and rum raisin ice cream was the best desert I have tasted on the trip.

Holetown, Barbados
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

If you are a Sushi lover then go to Nishi.
Good service, and just the best sushi I have ever had. Reasonable prices too . I found this restaurant to be much improved since my last visit.

Try the Lobster Maki washed down with Saki --------Amazing.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Holetown, Barbados
“Worst meal we had”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Bad food was not good . The restaurant has gone downhill and I would not recommend it
The only other customers were the manager family .Sorry but do not waste your money

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere