Our first visit to this hotel but have stayed in many more hotels in Barbados.
This is a three star hotel that delivers good friendly service.
I think the best testimony is the amount of people that we met that go back year after year.
The rooms were good with A/C, TV, Fridge etc.
Lots of chairs on the beach
Staff are all cheerful and helpful.
Pros: Great location, friendly staff (you’ll be hard pushed to find better), good service, lots of sun beds. Good food.
Cons: Buffet meals every evening, quite a small beach (but that goes with the west coast). No water sports available. No late bar.
We do like to try different hotels but would have no problem going back to Discovery, in fact it is very likely we will.
- Also Known As:
- Discovery Bay By Rex Hotel Saint James
- Discovery Bay By Rex Hotel
- Discovery Bay Barbados
- Discovery Bay Hotel Barbados
- Discovery Bay By Rex Resorts Barbados/Holetown
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique hotel situated on St James Beach, the Discovery Bay consists of charming plantation-style houses set in beautiful landscaped gardens. Located on the fashionable West coast, days at this resort are centred around the beach and the pool, the upscale Limegrove shopping mall and nightlife on Holetown's first street a short walk away. The resort is all-inclusive and family friendly, popular with couples also. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Venere, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Discovery Bay by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.