Have just returned from my trip. I agree the hotel needs a bringing into 2013 by changing the bright blue 80's decor and perhaps the walkways to the rooms could do with modernising, but the fabulous location, glorious sunsets and very friendly staff do compensate.
The food is home cooked, and sometimes a bit hit and miss, and, I think the bar ought to stay open past 11. People are on holiday after all. I'd have liked to see a cocktail menu. However, the drinks are very generous in alcohol. I had to tell them 'easy' whenever I ordered.
If people want. 5* experience they ought to pay 5* prices and not search for bargains then be disappointed - I was fully aware of the kind of hotel it was and it exceeded my expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique hotel situated on St James Beach, the Discovery Bay consists of charming plantation-style houses set in beautiful landscaped gardens. Located on the fashionable West coast, days at this resort are centred around the beach and the pool, the upscale Limegrove shopping mall and nightlife on Holetown's first street a short walk away. The resort is all-inclusive and family friendly, popular with couples also. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Discovery Bay by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Discovery Bay By Rex Hotel Saint James
- Discovery Bay Barbados
- Discovery Bay Hotel Barbados
- Discovery Bay By Rex Resorts Barbados/Holetown