Myself and two friends went to the Discovery Bar Hotel for 8 nights over New Year. Not by choice as the original hotel we booked didn't have a room for us when we arrived.
I have never ever stayed in a hotel like this. The bathroom was dirty, no drawers to put your clothes in, telephone and tv didn't work. Very rarely could you get wifi, food was awful, one evening I ended up having cheese and crackers for my main meal and no I'm not a fussy eater.
We had to crawl under the table to put a plug into the socket to make a cup of tea.
Wouldn't go back again even if it was free.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique hotel situated on St James Beach, the Discovery Bay consists of charming plantation-style houses set in beautiful landscaped gardens. Located on the fashionable West coast, days at this resort are centred around the beach and the pool, the upscale Limegrove shopping mall and nightlife on Holetown's first street a short walk away. The resort is all-inclusive and family friendly, popular with couples also. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Discovery Bay by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Discovery Bay By Rex Hotel Saint James
- Discovery Bay Barbados
- Discovery Bay Hotel Barbados
- Discovery Bay By Rex Resorts Barbados/Holetown