“Best small all inclusive on Barbados” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mango Bay All Inclusive

You added Mango Bay All Inclusive to your Saves list
Mango Bay All Inclusive
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   2nd Street | Holetown, Holetown, Barbados   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Holetown
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Best small all inclusive on Barbados”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My husband and I have just returned from Barbados having spent one week in a Mango Bay and our second week in another hotel which was a nice combo. We have holidayed on Barbados for the last 21 years.

Friends recommended this hotel, and we throughly enjoyed ourselves there staying in a Deluxe room which had a balcony with a sea view. No problems with the room, bathroom etc. Would have liked the fridge to have been stocked with our choice of drinks I.e. Banks beer, diet coke etc, as happens with other all inclusive hotels.

For us the hotel was a perfect size with really lovely staff, too many too mention, but Sandy and Peter to name two were really lovely. We found it clean around all areas (oops exception was the dining room/bar loo) super pool area with very good loungers and plenty of shade. The boardwalk where we preferred to sit was just feet away from the ocean with plenty of loungers and sun umbrellas, a safe swimming area and of course the free water sports including water skiing. One negative, the wooden boardwalk has been replaced with a new (plastic type) plank boardwalk which looks good, but can get extremely hot.

Food was ok , let's not forget what we've paid. Breakfast was fine more than enough to satisfy. Lunch should definitely be a free running buffet as we didn't like booking a set time each day, it should be a more casual experience. The BBQ evening, please make it more fun with some music, it was a regular evening with some bits and bobs on a bbq and the music came after dinner.

Entertainment was ok. It definitely caters for the older client. Livelier music can be found in Lime Grove on Friday and Saturday evenings. Just remember in the Caribbean usually you are awake very early resulting in going to bed quite early!

Mango Bay is a delightful hotel - a negative (for us) would be if we were there with a large adult group, or if there were loads of children. As it's such an intimate hotel this would be a problem for us, as there is only one bar area, there is no choice of sitting quietly, particularly if it was raining.

We would definitely return.

Room Tip: The standard rooms, backing onto the street would be noisy. Other ground floor rooms look onto the p...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Knutsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Well its taken me just over a month to write this review and that is purely because it has been difficult to get my stay at Mango Bay out of my system. Having been there last year we returned again for my 70th birthday celebrations. I wondered if it would have changed. Well I need not have worried because it was "Home Sweet Home". Everything was as it should be on your holiday. The same friendly staff were there to welcome us. As soon as we walked into the bar area Denis the barman just casually said "Good evening and welcome back". It was as if we had never been away. The food as always was superb as was the service. There have been a few improvements since last year. The most notable was the boardwalk area just by the beach. On my actual birthday we went to the races at Bridgetown and had a superb day. Will we return again? I can't see any reason why not because its everything that a holiday should be. Many thanks to Peter, Anthony and their staff for making us so welcome again.

Room Tip: The beachfront suites are lovely. The rooms that back on to 1st street can be a bit noisy on a Sunda...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was my first trip to Barbados and this small hotel is absolutely gorgeous. It's right on the beach and the views are stunning. It's an all inclusive hotel and the food and staff are lovely. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is that it was a bit too compact for me but obviously that's just my opinion. Try it for yourself it's amazing. All major shop such as Cartier, Burberry, Louis Virton ect all at top of the street. :-)

Room Tip: You can get rooms facing right onto the beach if you book early enough but not sure of the numbers o...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

What a brilliant holiday we have just had !!! I've been before and I'd say this was my best experience from a hotel perspective......... It was so good I can't get it out of my mind!

Mango Bay was a fab hotel. My take would be as follows.

It's the first time in a hotel where the owner Peter and the general manager Anthony have taken time to get to know the guests and make sure we were having a great time. That says it all for me. The hotel was a perfect size big enough to have lots of different characters but small enough for everyone to all be friends.

The staff are absolutely lovely and would go out of their way to help and we're genuine in offering their friendship. It's been said a few times but Peter is just such a lovely polite gentleman who is so interesting to talk to. John and Chevaz at the bar are hilarious and knock up the meanest cocktails. Watch those rum punch before lunch ;-) the staff in the restaurant are friendly and go out their way for you. I know some people have made some comments about slow uninterested service but I never found that at all.

I also saw a few people state that the standard rooms are noisy. We stayed in one of the rooms backing onto the Main Street and I have to say I never noticed the noise. Sunday night is karaoke night so busy in the street but hey your on holiday......join in have a few rum punches and you'll sleep through anything :-)

Make sure you take advantage of the tours on offer? Make sure you speak to Cleston re the options. We had a riot out and about with him. I'd def recommend the 360 tour and Mount Gay. Memories of that day and the laughs will stay with my for a v long time :-)

Amazing trip, brilliant hotel, great friends made and I'll def be back. Don't miss out!

Room Tip: Rooms with a view.......book superior rooms :-)
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This place is a little Gem set in Hole town, St James, Barbados ... It deserves all the previous good reviews ... the staff are its best asset by far friendly, happy,helpful and always greet you with a smile, special mention for Marcia on the front desk who is extra helpful
It's an all inclusive boutique hotel set right on the beach with plenty of sun beds and sunshades it also has a lovely winding pool. The rooms are very spacious and spotlessly clean,but as others have said,don't choose a street facing room if you go to bed early as it gets noisy on a weekend . There's plenty to choose from in the restaurant if you have any problems Pedro is always on hand to help, always smiling ( although he is a Chelsea fan, not sure that's much to smile about lol ) and the food is all good, and the service particularly attentive,the meals are served at the table with a buffet breakfast and sometimes lunch. Whilst your relaxing on the beach Peter or Sandy are happy to bring you a drink to your sun bed.The all inclusive also includes water skiing, paddle boards, hobby cat and Kaiaks and they never seem to busy so everyone seems to get a go.
The bar staff deserve a special mention Andre,Chevas,Rondel,John and Denis for there cocktail making skills they are happy to make you
anything ... Including what's not on the menu and always deliver it with a smile and some good conversation.
In the evening we experienced a couple of really good bands who got everyone up and dancing and we're happy to take requests apologies that I can't remember the name of the guy with the red hair think it was
Dwane ? Who with his two lady backing singers did a great job.
Hole Town itself is a pretty place with designer shopping malls, but not busy, about 20 mins from Bridgetown, if you really want a lively place your probably best not choosing Hole Town but going to St Lawrence's Gap which has more of a party atmosphere.
This is my second visit to Mango Bay and it definitely won't be my last....

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
long eaton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was our first visit to barbados and we chose mango bay after reading trip advisor reviews. Mango bay really is a special place we stayed in the penthouse which was absolutely amazing. As said in previous posts the staff are truly wonderful and made our holiday very special. It was my birthday whilst staying there, which I had not told anyone but our room was decorated with balloons etc and a special dinner with champagne on my birthday night, a big thank you to all for making it SO special. Cannot fault mango bay or barbados in any way everywhere you go the people are kind and courteous we could learn a lot from them! Bridgetown was brilliant for shopping or just wandering about soaking up the atmosphere. The food was very good with plenty of choice, entertainment was good some of the singers where amazing and it finishes at 11pm which is nice if you want an early night. The catamaran trip was great snorkelling with turtles on your birthday how can you top that. A big big thank you to all the staff at mango bay for a fantastic holiday. We will defiantly be back.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
winnipeg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Mango Bay all inclusive resort in Barbados, where to start... Ill keep this review short but sweet, from the entrance the resort looks good, once you enter the main grounds of the resort you quickly notice its dullness. The pool is small, the majority of the people appear to be 55+. No music, the resort is comparable to walking into a library. Next, the food... the options are bland, nothing represented foods of barbados, and when Anthony Johnson (the manager) was addressed about the meal options, he told us that 90% of their clients come from England/United Kingdom therefore their menu caters to them. My thoughts, unbelievable, if i wanted England food then i would have gone to England. They had one live performance, and the music was enough to be mistaken for a lullaby. The lady who helped us at the front when we were checking in told us that at night the streets get lively and packed. She was convincing, and in addition to everything else, this was a lie. The streets were dead at night.

The staff were happy, kind, and thoughtful, the beach itself was also nice. Unfortunately this resort caters to individuals who have no taste buds, and love silence. we were so disappointed that we tried to leave the resort and get our money back... no luck, so we dealt with it. Sure its nice to be met with a cocktail and a cool towel , but at the end of the day we pay our money for good food, good beach, the option of relaxing and the option of being involved and active taking home with us a cultural experience. I want flying fish to eat, not liver and onions.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Mango Bay All Inclusive? Share your experiences!