I am still in Barbados whilst writing this review, we spent 3 nights there before being moved to another resort.
I would like to say that our experience at this hotel was poor mainly due to the beach being closed for 4 days and the on-going building works to the beach area which spoils the natural scenery. there is nothing the hotel can do about this as it is a government run scheme to improve/ protect the beach from erosion but we was not made aware by our travel company before traveling there.
the hotel are doing everything they can to accommodate guests by running daily trips to other beaches but this is not what we paid for (and not practical with a toddler) so we moved hotel
.here's our view on the hotel.(this is our 8th visit to the Caribbean) without letting the above beach works cloud my judgement
1. we upgraded to a beach front room which was dated but had everything you needed.
2. there were not enough sun loungers around the pool area but this was possibly because everyone was around the pool as the beach was closed.
3.The staff were very friendly, helpful and accommodating
4. as there is only 1 restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner this could get repetitive on a long stay
5. the food was good (not excellent)
6. the location is great having the limegrove shopping center, bars and restauraunts on your doorstep
7. the resort needs refurbishment it is looking tired
8. the hotel run complimentary trips eg swimming with turtles which is good
- Also Known As:
- Mango Bay Hotel Holetown
- Mango Bay Barbados
- Mango Bay
- Mango Bay Saint James
- Barbados Bay Mango
- Mango Bay Hotel Barbados
- Mango Bay All Inclusive Barbados/Holetown
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mango Bay Barbados is ideal for those seeking the convenience of an ALL-INCLUSIVE beach vacation combined with the personal and friendly service of a small resort. It enjoys a sought-after beachfront setting in St. James, on the famous west coast of Barbados.There are restaurants, bars, boutiques and cinema just steps away from Mango Bay in lively Holetown, including the brand new, upscale, LIMEGROVE LIFESTYLE CENTRE across the road from the resort. Mango Bay is approximately a 45 minute drive from the airport, and a 25-minute drive south of the hotel takes you to the capital Bridgetown. Mango Bay definitely gives you added value for an all inclusive hotel- included is a complimentary two-hour catamaran cruise to see the turtles, waterskiing & a glass bottom boat ride. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Mango Bay All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.