“Made a good choice for Mum's birthday dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 33 Restaurants in Holetown
Cuisines: Italian
Description: One of 3 locations in St James, this restaurant is located in the heart of historic Holetown; 2nd Street comes to life at night especially at weekends.
Bridgetown, Barbados
“Made a good choice for Mum's birthday dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

My Mum who just turned 72, enjoys going to restaurants and having new experiences. This year, my sis and I decided to take her to Spago's new location at Sugar Hill. I must say, the entire experience was lovely. The location and atmosphere set the stage for the evening. Everyone of my family commented on the nice setting. Given it was her birthday, I was a bit picky with my requests, questions, etc. The staff were helpful, fun, accommodating etc.... especially to my 18 months nephew, who won the hearts of everyone by the end of the night. :-)

The meal was tasty. We had a wide range, from steak to fish to lobster salad. At the end, the staff came out and sang Happy birthday... both the Stevie Wonder's version and the regular. everyone at the restaurant joined in.

Actually my mum has hinted already, she won't mind going again soon. So, my family and I thanks everyone there. Keep on smiling :-)

• 4 of 5 stars Food
SpagoBarbados, Manager at Spago Restaurant and Bar, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you so much for letting us know that we're doing well at our new Sugar Hill location. We strive to give our customers the best possible meal experience, so I'm happy to hear "mission accomplished!" We look forward to having you eat with us again very soon.

Newcastle
“Perfect pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

I visited Spago (2nd Street location) years ago and really enjoyed it, so I decided to return. I did consider giving it a miss due to such bad reviews on TA, but decided to find out for myself. Not feeling super hungry, we skipped starters and ordered pizzas. They were amazing! Perfect thin bases with delicious toppings. Ignore the bad reviews and go for pizza today! Then after dinner, pop down to Uber (formally Lexys piano bar) for a good old piano sing along.

Visited February 2014
SpagoBarbados, Manager at Spago Restaurant and Bar, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Thank you so much for the great feedback, really happy that years later you still enjoyed.
Accrington, United Kingdom
“2 visits to confirm”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

first visit to Spago in Holetown and less said the better service was slow over 1 hour for starter, we both ordered Lasagna and it was virtually inedible the staff I am sorry to say matched the whole terrible experience.
at least 12 people came in sat down and waited to be served but got up and left when none was forthcoming. We should have done the same.
On our last night we decided to try the one at Settlers Beach and at least the food and staff were better. The service still absolutely terrible.
I
Outcome is that Italian Restaurants are best run and staffed by Italians. Spago in Hong Kong is fab for everything food staff and atmosphere.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
SpagoBarbados, Manager at Spago Restaurant and Bar, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the food or service on your visit to the Spago Restaurant, we take all complaints very seriously and would appreciate the opportunity to investigate and respond to your comments. Please email spago@caribsurf.com so that we may get more information from you.
London, United Kingdom
“Great food, location and friendly staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We have dined at Spagos in Holetown on a number of occasions and have never been disappointed, so we decided to try their new Sugar Hill location along with a few friends. The Sugar Hill location is a great setting as it has a relaxing feel overlooking a large pool.

Our experience was second to none, The food was absolutely superb, everything we ordered was deliciously tasty and really fresh. I particularly enjoyed the Penne Alfredo.

The staff were friendly as usual and catered for our every need, even the Manager came over and chatted with us for a while, which made us feel very welcome.
We plan to dine there over and over again! Thank you Spagos for an enjoyable evening and for remaining consistent with your service.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, it's much appreciated. We strive to give our customers the best possible experience, so glad you enjoyed.
Canberra, Australia
“We thank you Spago”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

We first visited the Spago in Settlers Hotel for a business dinner and the food was great. Our entire party of 9 enjoyed many of the items on the menu. My favourite, the Linguine with the lobster. Beautiful. I tried the catch of the day at 2nd street Holetown last night and that was brilliant. I am a foodie who loves good service and was pleasantly surprised at the consistency in quality food from the two separate locations. Very impressive indeed and very easy for me to recommend these two locations. Next stop will be Sugar Hill before my return to Australia. I am thinking about that Strip-loin I saw on the plate next to my table. Thank you Spago and keep up the good food.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for the great feedback, so happy you enjoyed visiting Spago and hope you'll come back soon