“Much better than we imagined” 5 of 5 stars

La Maison Bacana Bed and Breakfast
9 rue Emile Zola, 94400 Vitry-sur-Seine, France   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Madrid, Spain
“Much better than we imagined”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

First, lets start with Fred and Mand, the owners. They are extraordinarily nice people. When we checked in they started us off with drinks and tips for things to do and how to get around Paris. The night my friend and I checked out we ran into a little emergency and they helped us out a great deal. They were like friends who really care about their guests.

But you don't stay at the place for the people, right? The place is very cozy. We had a very clean double and it served us well. Our room had a de-humidifier, minifridge, TV, DVD player, and the room came with DVD's. We couldn't ask for more. However, the small downside is, it's a 10 minute train ride to the city. But after a the great breakfast Maison provides (yogurt,croissants, coffee tea, muffin bread, juice, and more) the trip seems like nothing.

The stay was well worth it, and I even recommend friends to stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I just arrived back in Rome after spending two wonderful nights in Paris with three of my girlfriends. The four of us shared a room at La Maison Bacana. We had such an amazing stay! Our bedroom was absolutely adorable - it was decorated with great taste and a fun flare. The atmosphere in the bedroom was so nice that I felt as if it were my own bedroom. The room was equipped with movies that all take place in France (Ratatouille, Moulin Rouge, Hugo, etc.), which was a fun touch. There was also a selection of teas and a mini refrigerator in the room. The bedroom and the bathroom were spotless and the beds and blankets were very comfortable.

Not only was the room excellent, the staff was wonderful, too. Fred was extremely kind to us and treated us like family. He helped us plan out our day in Paris and gave us specific instructions on how to get to each place. We were only in France for two days but Fred truly helped us maximize our visit. Since we had only a short time in France, we did not want to waste time eating a long lunch, so Fred packed us croissants and pastries from breakfast to take with us. It was truly so thoughtful and generous of him.

Speaking of pastries...I have to say, the breakfast was both delicious and plentiful. Each morning, we were given large plates of two types of fresh pastries, yogurt, an assortment of five or six cereals, coffee, tea, orange juice, fruit, bread, and jam. Fred was extremely hospitable and poured us coffee and tea. At the end of the trip, I kept telling my girlfriends, "I'm going to miss Fred!!" and I know they will, too.

I would recommend this bed and breakfast to my closest friend. After having visited many cities in Europe, I can say that Paris is my favorite. It is such a beautiful city with so many things to see and do. I know that La Maison Bacana helped make it my #1. Fred provided such a comfortable setting, kind hospitality, and helpful information about how to maximize our short stay. Thank you Fred and La Maison Bacana B&B!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed there with a friend for 3 nights while sightseeing around Paris. It was an extraordinarily good stay, because the B&B somehow managed to look really kooky while still retaining a homely feel.

The rooms were spacious, clean and very comfortable. Throw in a tasty filling breakfast with bread from the local baker, a wealth of advice from Fred (the host) and you've got yourself a very good deal.

I was initially hesitant about staying at La Maison Bacana because of its non-central location. But when my friend and I got to the train station, we found ourselves in a very safe and quiet neighbourhood. Which is a relaxing change from the center of the city. One thing that surprised us was how easy it was to get around; it only took 20-30 minutes tops to get to most tourist attractions.

I would very gladly stay there again, should I visit Paris in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed for three nights while going to a gig and doing a bit of sightseeing. The welcome was fantastic, the help and advice second to none. The breakfast and chats with Fred, the host, were wonderful. Everything was very generous - the place itself was quirky but tasteful and chique. The rooms are big and spacious, the beds hyper comfy. I couldn't recommend the place more highly. Don't be put off by its non-central location, it's well within the zone 1-3 ticket range and it's only twenty minutes on the train from Notre Dame. The suburb it's in is quiet and off the track with several decent restaurants and take-aways. It's easy to get to CDG and Orly on the train. I will definitely be booking here again for my next trip to Paris. You meet really interesting people at breakfast and the whole place has a really good spirit - truly a wonderful stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Dodge, IA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Our two families, totalling 12 people, thoroughly enjoyed our stay at La Maison. The food in the morning was great, the beds comfortable and the host extraordinary. While the bed and breakfast is in a quiet neighborhood and a short walk to the train station, it is still a 30 minute journey to some destinations.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
BACANA94, Propriétaire at La Maison Bacana Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thanks for this nice review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us!
Our rooms can accomodate groups and families like yours.

The b&b is out of historical Paris but 1 min to the subway station
( and still included in the «paris visit pass» zone 1 to 3 ( the less expensive pass))
From the b&b you d need ...
Botanical garden/8 min, direct ride
Notre dame cathedral (center of the city, point zero of Paris!)
latin quarter and le Louvre museum/12 min direct ride
Musee d Orsay / 15 min direct ride
Champs Elyses/ 17 min direct ride
Eiffel tower / 25 min direct ride
Montmartre/ 30 min , 2 connections
Versailles castle/ 45 min direct ride
Disney / 50 min, 2 connections
Versailles castle is also on the subway line...

Ferrerias
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights prior to going to Disney, b&b is in great area only yards from the train station. Fred greeted us with a welcome drink then showed us to our room which was perfect (3 double beds!!) He then proceed to give us all the info we needed. as it was our first time in Paris and had 2 young children in toe his information was priceless. Fred goes the extra mile to ensure you have a perfect stay, he is not only a fantastic host he is also a fantastic tour guide. the breakfast was A1 and the place was clean, modern and quirky. Would definitely recommend and would definitely stay again, one more thing, my partner left her scarf in the room, we emailed Fred and he offered to mail it, when it arrived he would not let us pay for the postage, I think that says it all.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Highly recommend La Maison Bacana. I travelled there with my Mum and sister and we had a wonderful stay. Fred is such a nice person and an excellent host who made us feel very welcome. Fred also gave us so much help with planning our days in Paris and working out the metro, he also gave us great insider tips on getting tickets for the museums etc. The rooms are very spacious, clean and comfortable and the breakfast each morning was great. I will definitely return to La Maison Bacana and recommend it to anyone I know travelling to Paris.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to La Maison Bacana Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!