I have stayed at this hotel for 10 years. I now recommend to travellers that they find alternative accomodation. I stayed in the (hotel/motel) from Oct 4th -Oct 12th 2012. The 1st room I stayed in was not the room I had booked. There was a hole smashed in the glass door of the wardrobe. On night 3 the heater didn't work in the room I shifted too. The management tried 3 other rooms for me. I later found out that the air-conditioning system had been installed by the maintenace people at the Hotel rather than Daiken installers, thereby voiding the warranties. The tap fell off the shower handle. Two screws from the taps in the basin were missing.Taps were loose in the basin, The television remote didn't work in room 85. There were holes in the curtains (curtains wouldn't close) There was mould on the roof of the bathroom (exhaust fan not working) The internet didn't work in the foyer! All up I suggest that 8 Hotels close the premises and remedy the many faults prior to re-opening. How can they rate it as a motel when there are 25 car parks for 100 room. The hotel has been slowing declining over the past 3 years and has not improved since coming out of Administration in May. As 8 Hotels is only leasing the premises for 2 years I cannot see any major reason for them to upgrade the facility. This hotel is in a great location. Overall I feel that hotel would not even rate with the backpackers accomodation in Spain and Italy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on South Yarra’s most picturesque streets, nestled between beautiful Fawkner Park and the Royal Botanic Gardens is a historically eccentric boutique hotel waiting to excite you. Perfectly placed on the doorstep to famous Chapel Street, the CBD and the MCG you’ll be torn between wanting to explore the quirks and grooviness of The Albany and getting around to all the hotspots Toorak is renowned for. Shabby chic meets rock star glam and a bit of French boarding house with refreshingly good service is just a hint of what to expect before stepping foot through the Manhattanesque front entrance. Uber comfortable beds, black and white mural posters plus bursts of red and lime will turn an average sleepover in Toorak to a fun and fashionable stay whether you’re turning in after a night out on the town with friends or here for business. Of course, you can expect all the necessities a boutique hotel has to offer as well as all the extras including delicious breakfast, on-site parking, fantastic value for money, and yes… you can bring your furry friend with you too! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Albany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albany Hotel, Melbourne Hotel City Of Yarra
- Albany Melbourne
- The Albany Greater Melbourne/Yarra