We stayed at this hotel for 1 night and 2 nights in the same week.
On both ocassions the reception staff where helpful and polite. Hotel is in a great location, close to resturants and tram/train lines into city.
1st room - "Queen Bed" room was just 2 single beds pushed together, uncomfortable for a couple.
1st room - strong smell of damp and musk. Mould patches visible very unpleasant.
2nd room - smell was not as bad, but still not pleasant.
Both bathrooms - small, run down with old cracked dirty tiles. Towels provided where rough and smelt stale.
Both rooms had 'questionable' white stains on the black trademark A pillows. I would advise taking these off the bed when you arrive.
Both rooms had lots of general wear and tear, dirt marks on walls/curtains/cushions. Poor DIY throughtout rooms, paint streaks, wires and pipes visible. Cracks and holes.
"free wifi" when is actually connected it was slower than a tortoise with no legs.
Overall this hotel stay was very disappointing and overpriced for the quality. it feels like they have taken a run down old establishment and thrown on some wacky wall paper and cushions and labeled it as a boutique hotel. they are in the process of refurbishing the reception area and some of the rooms by the looks of things so it could get better?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on South Yarra’s most picturesque streets, nestled between beautiful Fawkner Park and the Royal Botanic Gardens is a historically eccentric boutique hotel waiting to excite you. Perfectly placed on the doorstep to famous Chapel Street, the CBD and the MCG you’ll be torn between wanting to explore the quirks and grooviness of The Albany and getting around to all the hotspots Toorak is renowned for. Shabby chic meets rock star glam and a bit of French boarding house with refreshingly good service is just a hint of what to expect before stepping foot through the Manhattanesque front entrance. Uber comfortable beds, black and white mural posters plus bursts of red and lime will turn an average sleepover in Toorak to a fun and fashionable stay whether you’re turning in after a night out on the town with friends or here for business. Of course, you can expect all the necessities a boutique hotel has to offer as well as all the extras including delicious breakfast, on-site parking, fantastic value for money, and yes… you can bring your furry friend with you too! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Albany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albany Hotel, Melbourne Hotel City Of Yarra
- Albany Melbourne
- The Albany Greater Melbourne/Yarra