“Beautiful holiday” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Resort   |   88 Zone Touristique Saadia, Saidia 60600, Morocco   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Saidia
“Beautiful holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

It's a beautiful hotel, the most impressive thing was the architecture. The superior deluxe suite we were in was spacious and very comfortable, with lovely views of the sea. Service throughout the hotel was flawless.The beach and the sea was also clean. It's the place to go if what you want is relaxation in privacy and quiet. We will be happy to come back next holiday again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
Casablanca, Morocco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

I have planned to come stay at Barcelo Saidia as my sisters enjoyed their stay in 2009.
but what a disapointment !!!!, I orginally have planned to stay for 7 nights but shortned my stay for only two.
I have made a reservation 2 months in advance and I have verified that checks were accepted and upon my arrival at 10:30 PM with my wife, my 4 year old daughter, and my 18 months baby, the people at the reception said that checks are not accepted only credit card or "company checks". (lot of arguments with no result) people at the reception including the head manager UNABLE to propose solution to the client. Passed this argument we have asked for dinner and here we have got "no sorry the kitchen is closed" but you could go at the mini bar it stays open 'till 01:00 AM, and here another lie my wife went to the mini bar to get back only with two bottles of water.
Now, we have decided to shortned the stay for only two nights and here is what we have found out, at the room there were wholes in our sheets and we have found nails of the previous visitors, the bathroom was not clean, I mean the smell is so strong you can not stay more than 30 seconds. Now time for lunch, the food is very basic you feel that things were made in a hurry, the slices of Salami were turned over to appear of today's cut but when you flip the salami slice you see that it is of yesterday's or two days back.
The thing that gets to me is that I have read similar reviews on trip advisor and I went with my sisters feedback. Unless things change @ Barcelo Saïdia (as it is a beatiful beach and nice big rooms when they are cleaned) I strongly recommend not going.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Prague, Czech Republic
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

We have just arrived from Barcelo hotel in Morocco. For me peronally it was a disappointment (for example with Egypt or Tunis) This hotel ranks itself as a 5*, but truly it is a 3*, not more. The staff is trying, however the services are quite bad. Our hotel room was not cleaned for 2 days and we had no towels. We had to call front desk for at least 5 times! The services are very slow and sometimes they don¨t get at all what you ask for. Food is very of "Moroccan style" and not much tasteful.

Beach is nice. The location is not very good, there is not much where to go in the evening, just small marina about 15 minutes walk.

For me this vacation was more a disappointment and I would not recommend it to my friends. This hotel is not certainly for demanding travellers.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

We were in this hotel with my girlfriend in June/July 2011. It was my first time in Africa and I have to say, that i had little bit doubts before our holiday. Doubts about people, food, beach...

But now i can say, we both were really satisfied with our holiday. We dont have problems with room, the beach was really beautiful and also pools. Staff at the hotel was really friendly and always they wanted to help. Some of them had little problems with foreign languages ( no german, no english), but it was OK at all.

When i think about some negative comments, i write two:
1. the food at dinners was not so "reach" and tasty like at the lunch, but you can find there always something for you:)!

2. night programme at theatre hadnt quality as we waited, and wasnt so funny for us. But some people had really fun there as we saw...

End of my review: Every person has his own requests and wishes and i think, that this hotel can offers so much things, that everybody can choose the best for him.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

Me and my boyfriend have spent 12 days in this hotel and it was a great and relaxing holidays. The room we stayed in was very big and spacious, with a huge and comfy bed, balcony with a view over the golf course, but my favourite part was the bathroom with both bathtub and a shower with hydromassage...everything was always clean. The staff in the whole resort are friendly, always saying hello and smiling, you can ask them for anything and they come with you and help/ assist you with anything. The gardens and outdoor area are gorgeous, 6 pools to choose and also a very nice children area (the kids enjoyed it a lot). The beach is sandy with clean yellow sand, free sunbeds and umbrellas, swiming in the sea was lovely. After dinner we always took a sunset walk on the promenade, sometimes stayed in a bar in the marina or came back to see the evening show in the hotel (btw. the animation staff did a great job, from the morning till the night! we loved them! ) The food and restaurant were ok, always had a choice from different types of food, simple european and also typical moroccan, hot and cold buffet for lunch and dinner, for breakfast many types of pastry and a special moroccan bread, friendly and helpful staff here as well. We fully enjoyed the stay and if we could, we would go right back again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Oujda, Morocco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

This hotel is very spacious and well taken care of....the achitecture is really impressive,moder, with a touch of morroccan taste...The best part of this hotel i have to say is the animation staff they are awesome,friendly...hats off for trainy d...sanae...glenny..kimo..etc....they are just really fun and amazing people...For the food at Barcelo Me and my husband didnt really enjoy it just the italian restaurant was good...The pools are awesome but not always clean but that can be the clients not the hotel persay...but overall we spent 12days there and we will one day go back for sure...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

Wonderful stay at this fabulous hotel in June 2011. The staff were friendly, helpful and courteous without being all over us,decor of the hotel was very tasteful, giving the hotel a unique style. The rooms are spacious, air conditioned with modern well equiped bathrooms and balconies.We really liked it. There were 6 pools, all was well kept. Sandy beach was really excellent, very clean, also the see was wonderful. Food was delicious. A great choice every day. We had a very good experience with this hotel, and have only good things to say about it. … We will be back!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Oriental Bay Beach Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!