I recently travelled to Roatan as a result of much research and positive reviews from the many on TripAdvisor. I travelled with my wife (5 months pregnant) and 6 year old son and stayed from July 12-19. I had to make sure I was travelling somewhere accomadating and secure. My selection could have not been for a better place!!!
The resort has all the amenities you could ask for with a well equipped kitchen, clean bathroom, and roomy bedroom. It is the best resort on West Bay hands down. The island suffers from power losses, but the resort has a magnificent system to ensure you stay comfortable. The beds they supply are very firm and may take some time to get used to. After a day of activities the bed is perfect for a good nights rest.
Although we initially encountered a bit of a roach problem on the first rental, once brought to their attention they helped locate us to another room. This was not as smooth as I would have expected, since they wanted to lay down foggers while we were staying in the room. We had to explain our situation with my wife being pregnant and with not more of an issue they located us to another room. This leads me to the issue of service at the resort. Many of the staff really try, especially the staff at the palapa. The issue tends to be the front office, where they tend to be very calous with your requests. I believe this is not that big of an issue, but there definitely is a need to train them in how to better serve their guests. We worked around the few issues that we encountered and with patience persevered.
The resort has the finest beach out in front and the beach staff gladly help with any needs or help you need with umbrellas/chairs. The snorkeling out front is awesome. The beach tends to take on cruise ship passengers on Wednesday and Friday. The crowd on Wednesday is heavier, so plan around them. I enjoy people watching, so it was fine with the family and the resort does a good job keeping the cruisers off the property so as not to interfere with your stay.
The food at the resort is very good. Try the lobster, which suprisingly is provided with a large portion. Their cheeseburgers are very good as well, and moderately priced. Their breakfast was simple and priced at $6.50, which is normal. I did not find the prices to be exorbitant. We also ate at Celeste down the beach and a block over. Her grouper baladas were excellent and priced very reasonable ($7). We also ate at Il Pomodoro (pizza) and loved it. You may want to try them on Monday, when they offer 2 for 1 pizzas. We tried Bites on the Beach and thought it was okay, maybe I had the wrong plate. The Argentinian Grill in West End was very good and priced very well. Infinity Bay provides a water taxi (their own boat), which is very comfortable and will even pick you up late at West End. The ride costs $3 per person and they do not charge for young children. I also located a local named Ronald that took our family snorkeling. If interested please PM me and I can provide you his contact information. He works with small groups and guides you to great locations to snorkel with the family. We were able to see the dolphin show from the water as well right outside of Anthony's Key.
I dove with Bananarama during my stay and loved this operation. I left a seperate review for them, but they are a well regarded operation in West Bay.
Overall a wonderful resort and beach for the family. Can not recommend them enough. The resort continues to grow with the expansion of a restaurant, gym, and conference center. So this is a place you can keep coming back to, as I definitely will. The island is also very special with a very good down to earth feel.
I hope this review was informative and makes you not want to think twice about heading down to Infinity Bay for a relaxing vacation, like I just did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras