“13 stays and wanting more” 5 of 5 stars

Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   West Bay Beach | Island of Roatan, West Bay, Honduras   |
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in West Bay
Maroochydore, Australia
“13 stays and wanting more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Infinity Bay Resort is the perfect place to stay w hile in Roatan. Position right on the beach. Rooms are large and have great balcony space. The staff are friendly and efficient. The breakfast buffet is a perfect start to the day. But best of all the reef is just a few steps and a short swim away. A booking for my next visit has already been made.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
Alice, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We have been to Roatan a few times now but this was our first time at Infinity Bay. I really like the location on West Bay. It is close to the best snorkeling and close to the restaurants. It was just my husband and I and we stayed in 1004, a two bed/ two bath condo overlooking the beach on the second floor. The condo was very nice and comfortable. The view from the balcony was somewhat blocked by tops of palm trees but still inviting. Our first three days, a friday, saturday and sunday, the hotel bar had live music. At first it was pretty relaxing and had a nice relaxing feel to the start of our vacation but by Sunday I was so tired of island music I wished we were located somewhere else. The drums echoed thru our condo and it was a welcomed relief when they finally stopped Sunday nite. The next few days were nice and quiet. The morning breakfast buffet was included in our stay. It covered all the bases, eggs to pancakes to omelets and fresh fruit, coffee, juice and water. It was pretty standard, nothing fancy. The first morning we had a waiter but the rest of our stay nobody ever came to our table. It didn't bother me but I thought it was odd. I had read on the internet that there was an international buffet every nite but when we showed up to eat we were told that it was "off" season and that the buffet would only be open for breakfast. We then only had the restaurant at the beach bar to choose from. They did offer room service and we did use this option and were pleased with it. The food at the bar was good. We did book an excursion to Cayo Cochinos with the hotel and ended up not going. The boat that came to pick us up was not what was guaranteed when we booked the trip and was a lot smaller than anticipated. They refused to refund our money, although I don't think that was the hotel's decision but the tour operator "Bay Island Adventures". He said the boat was adequate for the trip but we had been promised a 35 foot Contender that would speed thru the water in a faster amount of time than other tours. This appealed to me because I tend to get sea sick. The boat that showed up was maybe 24 ft and looked more like a panga. So, $400 out the window for that. Live and learn, I guess. The only other thing that was surprising was that we stayed 8 nights and a maid only came to clean one time. Luckily we had plenty of towels and a broom. I did come across the maid's cart and snagged a roll of toilet paper and some shampoo one day. I did not complain, so in all fairness, the hotel would have probably sent someone to clean had I asked. The pool is huge and warm. There are lots of lounge chairs and tables. By the end of the week a lot of people began showing up for the holiday weekend. It was more noisy, lots of children. I think if you are looking for a quiet intimate hotel, this would not be it. I think we would probably stay there again but only if we were with the whole family and not looking to celebrate our anniversary.

Room Tip: 1003, 1004 are beach front 2 bedroom/ 2 bath (upstairs) 1002 was downstairs on beach
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Beautiful experience. The people were pleasant, friendly, welcoming, great variety of food anything you like they have. The hotel was outstanding, the hotel room was clean and spacious. Their service was great, the bartenders were excellent. They made sure we had everything we needed. The breakfast buffet was awesome but what made it perfect was the waiters. Overall I give it two thumbs up. We shall return as soon as possible.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This was our second time to stay at Infinity Bay. The condo that we had booked through VRBO was sold, so we had to re-book. Christy, who is a real pleasure to work with, was able to find us a nice replacement room on the first floor ( which we needed for mobility problems) for an acceptable price, that also included free breakfast buffet. The food was very good (I especially enjoyed the fresh fruit every morning), but the men who assisted with the breakfast services, Darlin and Harris, and the chef who custom prepared the eggs, were even better. Darlin was always happy, joking, and enthusiastic, while Harris was more quiet, but both of these guys gave excellent service. In addition to having bad knees, I twisted and popped my right knee getting out of the seats on the plane, so I could not have made it up and down steps to the room, if I had not had a ground floor room. The rooms are showing their age with a few maintenance problems, but the office called to ask if everything is all right, and checks things out even if they do not have the parts to replace or fix the problem. Because of our mobility problems, we mostly just sat around and used the pool, but it is a nice, large infinity pool that stretches throughout the grounds. I prepared many of our lunches and dinners in the condo kitchen which is fairly well supplied, although it lacked oven safe pans. We enjoyed having meals on the patio, and even invited our guide, Channin Bodden, whom we have used for many years, and his adorable family to have some meals with us. The King sized bed was very comfortable, and the mattress appeared to have been recently replaced. I did some snorkeling, but it was pretty windy the whole week, so snorkeling was not as good as it has been before, but the reef right in front of Infinity Bay still has some of the best snorkeling I have ever encountered. All of the employees that we interacted with were a pleasure to deal with. We would probably stay here again if we return to Roatan for a week's stay.

Room Tip: Our room was about midway between the beach and the office, which was consider a great location.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is my fourth time to this resort destination in the West End of Roatan Honduras. I found that this time was even better than the previous visit in 2012. The facility has expanded to include a breakfast buffet which includes an omelet station. The chef was good at his craft so the breakfast food was excellent. If you book through the hotel directly, the buffet is included. This resort is first class all the way for Roatan Honduras. It is situated on the beach with prime beach front real estate. The pool is wonderful, warm, and huge! It has a swim up bar access with stools enabling one to sit in the pool and enjoy your drinks or lunch. One can order from a fairly abundant menu for lunch or dinner. The food that I had was excellent; a seafood gumbo prepared with a great variety of seafood. Just right spicy and the amount served. The location provides for easy access to water taxis, scuba and snorkeling, and just laying around the beach. One can rent mopeds or motorcycles about 200 yards from the hotel and tour the town which is about 30 minutes ride. There is an excursion desk at the front where you can book one or more of about 20 excursions. We did jungle zip lines. What FUN! The rooms were excellent as was the bed. We slept excellently for the 3 nights we were there. Views are of the pool area. I have stayed here before and will continue to stay in this facility. You hardly know that you are in a third world country when you stay here.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Ross,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and especially for your loyalty! Repeat business is a huge compliment and we truly appreciate it. Just goes to show that we are achieving what we set out to do every day - provide the very best in service and quality to each of our valued guests.

We love that our guests feel like they can do as little or as much as they choose to do on their vacation. From laying out on our beautiful beach to snorkeling the incredible reef just steps from our shore to jungle canopy ziplining and so much more - there is always something to do for everyone.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home soon.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife brought me here for my 60th birthday and we had the best time. It was like we were kids again, Im an occasional diver and it was amazing. went fishing a few times and even my wife Mary cuaght something....honestly it did not matter. The room was so spacious and kept very clean - actually it was incredible! the air conditioning did not work when we arrived and that was quickly resolved.

The staff is extremly courtesous and always smiles and wants to make sure all is well. Everyone from the girls at the desk to the beach crew - even the management team is everywhere making sure all is well!

The food is consistent and alwways tasty....breakfast buffet was super duper! hopefully we will not wait another 60 years to come back. we did not want to leave!!!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Leonard,

Thank you for the great review! We are so pleased you celebrated your birthday with us!

Glad we were able to address the a/c in your room and have it taken care of in a timely manner. We are all about the spirit to serve and our response time in handling any issues that may arise is a part of that. It's all about the team! We have the best team available to cater to all your needs and they truly love taking care of our guests.

Take care,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

It was as good as the first! Property continues to be well maintained, the service desk and airport transfers are cheery and helpful, and the breakfast omelets are a great way to start one's day.

We visited in Feb 2014 and just returned in May 2015. Both times we had a premium studio in bldgs. 7 and 8, away from the bar and pool area which can be a bit noisy at night. No problems with the room, all appliances worked well. Only hiccup was that housekeeping didn't replenish shampoo the last 2 nights we were there and I had to go to the front desk to get a bottle.

The stretch of beach is amazing, with great snorkeling just a short swim from shore. At night, we walked the beach waiting to be enticed by a salesman with a different dinner offer - remember Monday night is lobster tail night! We ate at Foster's, Beacher's, Vintage Pearl, Bite on the Beach, HOBO's, the Argentian Grill and one night in our own room with the NY Rangers playoff hockey game on the TV.

This week in May saw low occupancy in the hotel and surrounding restaurants, with hardly any kids around. Great for relaxing! The only day when the beach was crowded was when day trippers from 2 cruise ships arrived early in the morning. They mostly left by 2pm, and you can check cruise ships arriving at www.cruisett.com. for your dates.

We went to Little French Key on a Sunday when no cruise ships were in port. Amazing progress in continuing to build their infrastructure. We went snorkeling with Ronnely off Fantasy Island and its amazing coral and drop off,, saw Simba the jaguar take her swim and had a great lunch of grilled lobster, shrimp, fish and steak. A fantastic day.

I went fishing one morning and trolled for several hours without catching anything. We tried bottom fishing in about 500' of water and managed to bring a 7' tiger shark to the surface before releasing it. Also brought up some small red snappers and a barracuda. Fishing was better last Feb. with black tuna being hooked then.

We also did an all day tour with Garcia Adventures. Just the 2 of us, and they sent a driver and a guide. We visited a butterfly/hummingbird sanctuary that also had monkeys, toucans and macaws, visited Pristine Bay, went out on a mangrove boat tour in Oak Ridge, saw the Garifuna community, and had lunch at Parrot Tree Resort. We got great info on the island from Olivenia our guide and Olin was a careful driver. I strongly recommend you contact Garcia Adventures on their website, they phoned me at home to ask what we were looking for in our tour!

Room Tip: If you want ocean views, you'll have to be able to cope with the chatter from the bar/pool. If...
Dear Robert,

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review. We're honored you decided to stay with us again. Repeat business is one of the biggest compliments we can receive and we are grateful.

We are located on one of the best beaches in the world as your review reflects and I'm glad you were able to explore the second largest barrier reef that is literally steps off our shore as well as walk down the beach and explore some local establishments.

Be sure to get in touch with our on-site Activities Director before your next trip to set-up some awesome fishing and other fun activities that we offer through the resort.

Look forward to seeing you again for trip #3! Third time will definitely be a charm!

Rick K.

Been to Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!