We stayed at the beautiful Infinity Bay resort from Jan. 21 to 25, 2009 in unit 1001 located right in front of the beach and it was lovely. It was a very spacious one bedroom and was more than we really needed as we were not going to cook. The weather was sunny for the first two days and then it started to rain. We were told that it was the tail end of the rainy season. Forecast was for rain every day for the next week. Needless to say, we checked out early and headed to sunny Acapulco for the rest of our vacation.
If you go later in the year, say February or March, you can be sure to get better weather. The snorkeling right in front of the resort is first rate. The Infinity Bay restaurant is their beach bar and a few tables set on the beach. Food is OK, nothing to write home about. There are lots of nice restaurants within walking distance. And don't miss going to the Bay Islands Beach Resort on Thursday for the pig barbeque and crab races. It's all to raise some monies for the local school. You'll have a fun time.
The only down thing about Infinity Bay is Cruise Ship days. They allow cruise ship passengers to use their facilities during the day. As we were having breakfast one morning at the beach, a group arrived and quickly commandeered three tables for the entire day and ordered drinks for the group. This was at 8:30 am. Needless to say our intended quiet breakfast on the beach was quite noisy. Think college frat party. The boozing went all day until they had to go back to the ship. The only saving grace is that the local waiters get to make some extra bucks. The average wage in Honduras is $10 a day.
The Bay islands are very beautiful and when it's raining, there's not a lot to do unless you go diving every day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras