I would highly recommend Infinity Bay. But given the breadth of the Tripadvisor audience, some context is in order. We are 40 somethings generally looking for a bit of adventure mixed with reasonable comfort. Infinity Bay served the later in spades. The rooms are comfortable with all the necessary amenities. The beach is beautiful, the food is really good and the folks working at the resort are top notch (Carlos at the bar and Juan on tables – both super). The resort easily sits on the best spot on the island. No close second. So, if you want to catch up on some good books, meet nice people, snorkel on a great reef (right off shore), and make up for lost sleep – this might be your spot.
As to adventure – if you are a diver, then you will find it. If not, you probably won’t. Sure there are ziplines (“canopies”) and boating – both very fun, but you won’t feel like National Geographic is nipping at your heels. But R&R opportunities are abundant. If you want to experience new cultures, you won’t find it here (unless New Jersey, California and Texas would qualify as new cultures). West End is most likely what Ambergris Cay is Belize looked like 20 years ago.
Some random dining thoughts: Il Pomodoro right next door has awesome pizza and great Argentine wine. Reasonably priced – similar to the States. Island Pearl served me quite honestly the best steak (filet) I’ve eaten in recent memory. It wasn’t cheap - $250 or so for 2 people, but we did order 2 bottles of good wine. Mavis & Dixie’s in West End right by the water taxi dock – great food great price. Awesome burger. The Light House restaurant...nice people, but the food was marginal. Finally, if you get to The View restaurant mid-island in the daylight, you will have the best view on the island and a damn good lunch. Do go.
Oh yeah – the bugs. We heard horror stories so we brought a reasonable supply of deet. It was overkill. Off is probably all you need. The bugs were insignificant –unless you either (i) experience something quite different than what we experienced, or (ii) you are a cityfied wuss that freaks at the first sign of a mosquito.
We have quite a few more pictures at http://www.travelgrotto.com/roatan.htm If you have any questions feel free to ask. Happy travels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras