“Roatan Infinity Bay does it right!” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
XMAS IN JULY 60% OFF!!!!
Ranked #2 of 11 hotels in West Bay
Dallas, Texas
“Roatan Infinity Bay does it right!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We have traveled all over the Carribean and Mexico. How did it take me this long to find Roatan? I don't know but so glad we did. Infinity Bay has a great location right on West Bay beach. The locals told me it is the best and most popular beach on Roatan. Let me start by talking about the hotel and then I'll hit some other things to fill out the review.

Infinity Bay was recommended to me by a friend. He had stayed there before and after researching hotels on TripAdvisor I knew it was the place for us. Very easy to check in and get situated. Nice room. We had one down on the beach which was a 1BR and my 13 year old daughter slept on pull out couch. Breakfast buffet was included, nothing special but plenty of decent food. Staff at the hotel are great. Very nice and speak English and Creole, and Spanish I think. They will help in any way possible. Booking excursions is easy as they help you do it and give good advice on where to go. I did not get the impression that they were trying to sell me something which was very nice. They have a couple places to eat and we frequented the open air bar and restaurant at the beach. Had everything from Pizza to seafood and it was fantastic. Loved the wait staff too, again very good staff and friendly. Not super quick but this place gets busy.

There is plenty to do here but the beach is where it's at for us. Along that line, people reserve chairs here like crazy. If you want a lounge chair on the beach you better go out first thing in the morning and claim it. I found this a bit annoying but "when in Rome..." The beach itself is about a half mile long I estimate. Very nice for walking and playing in the clear water. Many little pubs and such on the water so you can get a drink or eat all over. Note that these places mainly want Cash (American dollars work) but credit cards often don't.. As for dress code, very minimal, some kind of shorts and generally a tank top though they will likely serve you without it. Again we found all the food to be good wherever we ate.

We did some Ziplining which was fun but the snorkeling here is the main attraction. take a mask and snorkel with you or rent one all week. You literally swim out from shore and see all kinds of marine life. My daughter and I did this for hours every day and saw tons of fish, lobster, turtles, and more. Many people use fins but they really aren't necessary. A lot of people also dive here but you certainly don't need to.

Couple final things. After walking up and down that beach lots of times I still think Infinity Bay is the best accommodation. A couple others compare but for location, amenities, beautiful pool and staff I will be going back and not stay anywhere else. Tons of vendors on the beach trying to sell you whatever. Even little kids with bracelets, shells, tshirts, excursions, and more but simply say No Thank You and they move on. One guy sells Banana Donuts, get some of those! My wife had a massage almost every day. These vary greatly in price but she found one she liked that was right on the beach and it was like $35 for 1.5 hours. She said it was magical. Shop around for those. We went in March and it may have rained one time. Check the weather schedule before you book. Already planning our next trip and will likely do some more excursions on that one. Happy traveling!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

1,047 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We had a wonderful stay at Infinity Bay. This was our first time visiting Roatan. The location of Infinity Bay is by far the best on West Bay. Checking into our room was a breeze. The ladies at the front desk were very polite and had us checked in in no time! We even meet the GM (Rick) during our short time waiting in the lobby. What a nice guy!
The incredible beach and warm calm crystal clear turquoise waters are minutes away from your front door. You can walk straight into the water and experience the best snorkeling ever! The property is so beautiful and very well maintained with lush gardens, colorful flowers, and swaying palm trees. The grounds keepers were out every single morning making sure everything was trimmed and kept in tip top shape.
There was always plenty of beach chairs to lounge around in during our stay. On occasion I would find myself wishing I had a hammock to lie in rather than a beach chair. Maybe I can talk Rick into getting a few hammocks for next time! The resort/beach never seemed crowed or over populated like some resorts do.
Here you were definitely treated like family. The staff was always very welcoming and helpful. They all seemed extremely interested in making sure your stay was the best possible.
There are plenty of restaurants along the entire stretch of West Bay. We really enjoyed walking up and down the beach trying all the different restaurants. Everything is very reasonably priced and the American dollar is accepted everywhere. A few of our favorite place to eat were; LALA Garden Café, Nice N’ Spicy, Java Vine, PizzaRama, Celeste’s, and Vintage Pearl. All had excellent service and amazing delicious food! The La Papala Bar at Infinity Bay is fantastic. The employees are like friends, they make you smile and laugh. Thursday night is sushi night at the La Papala and the rolls are marvelous!!! Sushi night is a must!!! Trust me you will not be disappointed!
The people on West Bay are very polite and make you feel welcomed wherever you go. There are a lot of vendors (people that live on the island) on the beach selling different things. A polite “no thank you” works if you do not want what they are selling.
The entertainment each night up and down the beach was nice. From the crab races at Thirsty Turtle, to the live music at all the different beach bars, all was enjoyable.
The island, resort, and condo were all so wonderful! This place felt like a home away from home to us, and we would go back in a heartbeat! In fact we were only home 9 days and we have already booked another trip back to stay at Infinity Bay. I now understand why people want to return time and time again. Thanks Roatan and Infinity Bay for making our stay so enjoyable, we will see you in September!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Williamsburg, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Places rarely look in person as they do in photos - Infinity Bay definitely DOES! After walking the beach and checking out other places, we knew we'd made the right choice for us.

We rented through an owner, but check in through the front desk was effortless. Although our room was not ready (we arrived before lunch), they took our luggage and placed it behind the counter and we were able to enjoy the beach, pool and bar. You are given a wrist band to wear during your stay - this ensures security can keep "non-guests" out.

Safety - This was my biggest concern prior to our trip. I felt very safe during my time there. Security was always present, but unobtrusive. We took the normal precautions we do everyday at home, and had no issues. The rooms all have safes to lock up valuables while away - loved that! The vast majority of locals we met were exceptionally nice and wanted to ensure we had a great time. We did!

Beach - If you love to snorkel or dive, this is the resort for you!! The best and easiest snorkeling I have ever done. Literally right in front of the resort. We brought our own snorkel gear, but you can rent for $10 per day. Beach is raked every day and lounge chairs in sun or shade were always available.

Rooms - Just as pictured and the A/C was fantastic! I only noticed one power outage and it was only for a few minutes. Yay, generators! Good selection of TV channels was a bonus.

Beach Bar - Yes, you are on island time. I knew this going in, so I was often surprised when we were served quickly, haha. The Palapa is great for burgers/snack and a drink. We wanted to try as many places as possible, so only ate here a few times. Didn't try the breakfast buffet - but heard it was good.

Activities - Grace, the activities director I worked with, was fantastic. Very personable and efficient! She can arrange any activities you are interested in, to include transportation (included with many trips). The Dolphin Snorkel with Anthony's Key and zip lining with South Shores are not to be missed!! Thanks Grace!

Bugs - Yes, this tropical island has them :) I never saw any in my room. Took a daily dose of allergy meds, and kept the benedryl handy. No major problems, I get gnawed on at home, too. Take your bug spray. Once I started religiously using it, no more bites!

Summer is a low season for them, and it was a great time to be there. Even cruise ship days at the beach were great. It was hot, but not as hot as Virginia! Besides, I had a beach and a breeze :) Don't hesitate to go - you'll love it!

Room Tip: No matter where you are in the resort, you are only a couple of minutes to the sand (along a beautif...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Tracy M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and for choosing Infinity Bay for your vacation experience. The entire hard working resort team is deeply appreciative!

There are many options in booking your vacation at Infinity Bay and whatever channel you choose we are ready to deliver a wonderful experience. The breakfast buffet in an excellent way to start your day. We are fortunate to have an excellent security team at the resort. We are honored that you enjoyed the other services and products we have at Infinity Bay!

A big thank you up to Williamsburg!
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Just returned from our second trip to Roatan and Infinity Bay where we had another great trip and wonderful stay. I always get a kick out of reading the reviews of the Infinity Bay on this site and have come to realize the folks that complain about such trivial things as I didn't have an ocean view room or I had to climb stairs to get to the breakfast buffet are absolutely missing the beautiful, friendly and fun atmosphere this place has to offer. Truth is none of the rooms at the Infinity are going to give you a frontal 180 degree view of the ocean simply because of the way the room face (90 degrees from the ocean). But all the rooms do give you a great view of the pool and beautiful courtyard. And yes you have to climb two flights of stairs to get to the breakfast buffet, but if that is too much exercise for you to handle then chances are you are already putting yourself at risk by traveling in such poor health. Bottom line is Infinity Bay is a great value, it is by far one of the nicer establishments on West Bay, the condo's are nicely laid out, plenty of room, provide full kitchens and well maintained. If your expectation of a breakfast buffet is along the lines of what you would experience at an all you can eat breakfast buffet in the states then you most likely will be writing a negative review about the breakfast at the infinity bay upon your return. But if your expectations can be met by a good selection of made to order eggs and omelet’s, pancakes or French toast depending on what day it is, ham, bacon, hash browns, beans, toast, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, coffee and juice then you should find yourself well fed at breakfast during your stay. I know I did! Another common complaint I see on here is the service you receive at the Palapa bar. Again if you are expecting to get rapid fire service akin to what you would receive at Applebee's or some other stateside chain establishment you may be a little disappointed. This is simply not how things operate in this environment and if you can't tolerate a bit of a slower pace and are incapable of being a little flexible then don't put yourself in this environment. My family and I ate several times at the Palapa bar during our 9 day stay and enjoyed every meal. I highly recommend the seafood soup and fish taco's. Hint: Get to know your servers they are simply some of the friendliest, funniest and most easy going folks you could ever hope to meet. If you treat them with respect and loyalty they will provide you great service. If you want a drink don't expect that as soon as you walk up to the bar that they immediately ask you what you would like to drink. If you are friendly and assertive you will get better service and tip them for their time. Ziggy, Puma, Alex, Swiss, Brady, Steve, and Mario all did a great job taking care of my family and I and I can't thank them enough. They all deserve a raise! We had a couple of small issues where our maid forgot to leave enough towels in the room one day, no biggy we simple called and asked for more towels, picked up a couple of beach towels for back up and continued to have a wonderful time! Cruise Ships are another complaint I see on this forum. Fact is they happen, during our stay we had three ships on one day and two on another. The residents get real excited about these boats coming in as they depend on the business opportunities they present. Infinity does a great job protecting their space from being invaded by these temporary visitors. Yes the beach is going to get crowded and more vendors are going to be out and about trying to sell their wares and services but honestly I think I relished in the fact that I knew these cruisers were leaving within a couple of hours and I was staying for several more days! The timeline for the boats seemed to be an early morning arrival with folks starting to show up on West Bay by 7:30 a.m. and then they were gone shortly before or after noon. Not once did a boat interfere with any diving or other activities we had scheduled. The beach and water of West Bay is awesome! It just doesn't get any better. Prepare yourself for the walk by vendors they are part of the beach. Most are harmless and will not bug you, however there are a couple of the massage ladies who will just walk up and start rubbing you neck or feet. Again be assertive and politely tell them to beat it. Bottom line is my family and I had a great trip, enjoyed every minute of our stay and will surely return. Infinity Bay keep up the good work! And if you go buy Banana Doughnuts!!

Room Tip: 705 is a great 2 bedroom condo.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Crawford67

Thank you for your detailed review...we are very appreciative! Your insight was interesting to read and the resort team members you mentioned were excited to see you remembered them.....this means so much to the staff.

We all hope to see you back next year for a third visit....or even sooner!

Madison, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

30 minute ride from the airport. Stop for groceries on the way. Properties with lower block numbers are nearer the pristine beach. Our 2 bed apartment was finished to a very high standard with all the comforts of home. Well equipped with full kitchen, washer dryer and very good A/C. Beds were comfy and although some minor early evening noise from the bar area things were quiet before 9.00pm. Pool and grounds were wonderfully kept. Power dropped out most mornings for a few minutes. The property is right on the beach with ample sun chairs and umbrellas. No charge for use. Bar food was standard quality but not excessively priced. Plenty of good places to eat and drink along the beach with specials for food and drink every night. No issues with sand flies or bugs of any sort. Wonderful snorkeling right off the beach. Secure with observant guards keeping an eye on the beach traders. The traders take a polite no and move on. Can get a little tiresome but they are for the most part very pleasant. Traveled with 2 teenage girls who had a ball. The facility adds a $40 cleaning change and there's a $40 departure tax payable at the airport (and they do take credit cards and despite many who who is was cash only). Get to the airport on departure day early. It gets a little crazy so beat the rush. Infinity Bay offer a free shuttle bus to the airport. It was packed when we rode back to the airport. You'll need to book the day prior to departure. Use small US dollar bills. They are taken everywhere. Having been to Turks and Caicos last year and Aruba the year before we agreed Roatan probably just edged it overall and Infinity Bay certainly seemed to be the nicest place on the island. Book through VRBO. Much cheaper than booking direct. We had no issues with dealing with a very helpful and friendly owner who offered great advice. We seldom return to the same place twice but I'd say we'll be back here one day. Wonderful relaxing week.

Room Tip: Book block 3 or 4. Still see the ocean and avoid bar noise but still see the beach. Blocks have thre...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear duncanhume,

Thank you very much for writing such a nice review and most importantly for choosing Infinity Bay for your Caribbean get-a-way!

If book directly through the resort (keep an eye out for many promotions) you will have the breakfast buffet included and you will receive daily housekeeping service.

Either way we are at your service!
Rick
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I cannot give Infinity Bay Resort and Spa enough praise! What an amazing trip to take advantage of the 4th of July holiday! They had a huge party and fireworks...it was awesome! As a single, female traveler it was important for me to A) plan a relaxing and enjoyable vacation and B) feel safe in my surroundings. Well, they nailed it! This was my second trip to Roatan and Infinity Bay Resort and Spa and it was even better than the first time. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean and well-appointed, and the beach will exceed your expectations by far. The snorkeling is crazy good and if you're feeling extra adventurous, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND taking the diving courses offered at Infinity Divers. The dive shop is located right on site and have package deals that are reasonable for everything you get (professional instruction, equipment rentals, boat dives). I took the Open Water Divers Certification course and it was absolutely awesome. Here are a few of my recommendations if, you, eh em...WHEN YOU, visit this island and stay at Infinity Bay Resort and Spa:

- The pool is awesome and every spot is a good spot for lounging
- Don't waste your time overpacking and planning outfits...you will be in a bathing suit the bulk of your time here
- The wifi works great all over the resort and easy with your fave device (iPad Mini all the way)
- The restaurants along the beach are really good and have great dinner specials, so venture out a bit
- The breakfast buffet was really good and had plenty to offer
- Yardman is the best and most reliable water taxi guy on the island! He will even make you Honduran patties (like empanadas) for a price and they are GOOD!! He also will take you on snorkel trips and be your guide in the water
- There are tons of vendors walking the beach, so sit in the second or third row of chairs to avoid constant interruptions
- if you snorkel or dive or swim or whatever, please do your part to protect the coral reef. Don't crush it or leave your trash in the water. Thanks!
- The studio rooms are fine for solo travelers, but you will be on the backside of the building (no view or patio)...I will splurge and get the one bedroom next time

This has become one of my favorite places and I totally see myself coming back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Nikki_Dee13,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a smashing review. It was a pleasure for the entire staff to have taken care of you! We have a "spirt to serve" at Infinity Bay and it shines through in your comments. The firework show we do on July 4th and New Years Eve has become a true island tradition - it is amazing! So glad you were able to enjoy it!

See you soon!!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had the most beautiful, relaxing time at this resort! We were pleasantly surprised that the resort was a beautiful as the pictures. It is perfect for all groups, couples, families and friend getaways. The employees are what make this resort stand out. They treated us like family! Remembering our names, orders, etc. Every evening at dinner Swiss, Brady, Jamie and Maya provided us with some of the friendliest service we have ever had! At the breakfast buffet Harlin patiently makes the best made to order omelets! The beauty, luxury and staff make this a place we will be sure to return to time and time again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Jenny L,

Thank you very much for your review and for choosing Infinity Bay for your vacation experience. We are honored that you consider our little corner in the wold to be a slice of heaven!

The resort team was thrilled to see your comments / compliments about their efforts to deliver a great experience. We look forward to your return! We will not let you forget.

Rick K

Been to Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!