We have traveled all over the Carribean and Mexico. How did it take me this long to find Roatan? I don't know but so glad we did. Infinity Bay has a great location right on West Bay beach. The locals told me it is the best and most popular beach on Roatan. Let me start by talking about the hotel and then I'll hit some other things to fill out the review.
Infinity Bay was recommended to me by a friend. He had stayed there before and after researching hotels on TripAdvisor I knew it was the place for us. Very easy to check in and get situated. Nice room. We had one down on the beach which was a 1BR and my 13 year old daughter slept on pull out couch. Breakfast buffet was included, nothing special but plenty of decent food. Staff at the hotel are great. Very nice and speak English and Creole, and Spanish I think. They will help in any way possible. Booking excursions is easy as they help you do it and give good advice on where to go. I did not get the impression that they were trying to sell me something which was very nice. They have a couple places to eat and we frequented the open air bar and restaurant at the beach. Had everything from Pizza to seafood and it was fantastic. Loved the wait staff too, again very good staff and friendly. Not super quick but this place gets busy.
There is plenty to do here but the beach is where it's at for us. Along that line, people reserve chairs here like crazy. If you want a lounge chair on the beach you better go out first thing in the morning and claim it. I found this a bit annoying but "when in Rome..." The beach itself is about a half mile long I estimate. Very nice for walking and playing in the clear water. Many little pubs and such on the water so you can get a drink or eat all over. Note that these places mainly want Cash (American dollars work) but credit cards often don't.. As for dress code, very minimal, some kind of shorts and generally a tank top though they will likely serve you without it. Again we found all the food to be good wherever we ate.
We did some Ziplining which was fun but the snorkeling here is the main attraction. take a mask and snorkel with you or rent one all week. You literally swim out from shore and see all kinds of marine life. My daughter and I did this for hours every day and saw tons of fish, lobster, turtles, and more. Many people use fins but they really aren't necessary. A lot of people also dive here but you certainly don't need to.
Couple final things. After walking up and down that beach lots of times I still think Infinity Bay is the best accommodation. A couple others compare but for location, amenities, beautiful pool and staff I will be going back and not stay anywhere else. Tons of vendors on the beach trying to sell you whatever. Even little kids with bracelets, shells, tshirts, excursions, and more but simply say No Thank You and they move on. One guy sells Banana Donuts, get some of those! My wife had a massage almost every day. These vary greatly in price but she found one she liked that was right on the beach and it was like $35 for 1.5 hours. She said it was magical. Shop around for those. We went in March and it may have rained one time. Check the weather schedule before you book. Already planning our next trip and will likely do some more excursions on that one. Happy traveling!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Venere, BookingOdigeoWL, HotelsClick and Hotels.com so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras