“The place to stay on West Bay Beach, Roatan!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Xmas@Infinitybay
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in West Bay
Corpus Christi, Texas
“The place to stay on West Bay Beach, Roatan!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

My wife Kim and I are 1 week into a 2 week stay at Infinity Bay and loving it! This is our second time here, the first was for a week last September. We liked it so much that this time we brought our daughter Danielle (20), our son Derek (24), and his fiancee Lauren (25) who he proposed to on the beach last Wednesday in front of God and everyone else! This is the nicest resort on the nicest beach on Roatan, rated among the top 10 beaches in the world. We rent a 2br 2 ba condo and it is 1st rate, travertine floors and baths, granite countertops, and cherry cabinets. The staff is super friendly and accommodating, gorgeous infinity pool, and terrific food at prices that won't break the bank. The ceviche, pizza, and everything in between are scrumptious! Terrific menu and buffet breakfast every morning. The kids left today to go back to work, so Kim and I must suffer through another lovely week alone. :)

Room Tip: You can book through the hotel which includes the breakfast buffet, or book with a private owner thr...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear DaveGisriel,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and for choosing Infinity Bay for your vacation! We deeply appreciate your compliments and recognizing the finishings that we provide in our villas.

The resort team agrees with you 100% that we are the place to stay while visiting West Bay Beach. Please let me know of theres anything all you may may need during the balance of your stay!

At your service!
Rick K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
Springfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Hands down the best place to stay in Roatan. amazing beach and reef that is healthy. I have traveled to over 8 countries in the Caribbean and never stayed in a resort that the beach was this great. usually the water is nice but no live coral with fish. The food was great at the beach bar palapa. the breakfast was good, The breakfast had french toast thats needs a little more seasoning and good pancakes, the syrup can also be upgraded as it tasted a little odd, whipped cream would be nice , they had 2 types of cereal, fruits, omelet station and a few other hot items, toast. for $12 it is reasonable. Don't expect a marriot breakfast.

Room was beautiful, we had the deluxe studio. Plenty of room and storage. Mini mart walking distance to the resort and tons of restaurants near by under 10 min walk. They all offer specials daily. We went to Foster's but they were lacking many menu items, nachos were good and we had some garlic shrimp. Beachers service was awesome! Beachers had amazing coconut shrimp and lobster special on monday for $16. We also ate at il pormadoror and had fish kabob and the capered fish fillet. large portions, fast service. The best cocktail on the island was the monkey lala. I used 15% OFF deet on my feet and was not bitten by sand flies, also did not take the prophylactic drugs for malaria risk.

NEGATIVES: The one major negative of this resort is the staff. very unmotivated to help you. Front desk was just "OK", I called them and asked if I could leave a message for the activity lady Grace and was told she would never get the message. Wow that's just top notch service there! very unhelpful, when I called prior to arriving asking about near by restaurants I was informed there were none near by. I did call another time and the lady was helpful.They held our luggage and when we were to pick it up the lady did not bother grabbing it for us and told my husband to get it himself. Also there is no "spa" at this place still under construction.

The worst staff was the food service staff. There were only 2 servers that seemed to want to work and the others seemed like they were unhappy. I was given attitude and treated poorly. I do understand that island life is slow life but even my husband that is very tolerant and rarely complains was very upset of how poor the service was. 3 hours for a drink and a meal? and they forgot the fries? The second time we ate at the bar it was slightly better but it was due to the place being less busy.They all need customer service classes. I did notice the bartender lady with the long braids give food to the security on the beach and I also saw the a server eating bar food behind the building. Not sure what that was about. The housekeeping was also late in the day 2-3pm but the room was clean. I would also encourage an activity desk because its hard to find the activity lady. The dive shop made little effort to help us on the night snorkel, basically told us the guy had already gone the past 2 nights and possibly did not want to go again and they need 4 people. She took our names but seemed unmotivated to call us and didn't. I always go above and beyond at my job and it's sad that the staff makes no effort to make the guests feel welcomed. It really left a sour note on my trip.

Overall I would still recommend this resort because it is truely a gem, right now it's an emerald but would became a diamond if the staff were better. I hope management takes notice, i feel that they feel confident that business is good so why bother changing, well if other resorts stop popping up people will eventuality go elsewhere.. i agree with the other posts about poor service.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear erika P,

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a "very good" review and most importantly for choosing Infinity Bay - our hard working resort team is greatly appreciative!!

We are quite thankful that you enjoyed the beach, the food, the accommodations, and our amazing location.

In regards to the breakfast buffet we always offer different grill items such as french toast, crunchy french toast, banana or chocolate pancakes. Typically the offerings without toppings are left plain intentionally to give our guests the option to add as much as they desire. In addition our breakfast buffet will always offer typical Honduras selections which adds to the local experience.

We have researched your comment in regards to our activity director and you attempting to leave a message for her. We were not to obtain anything substantial in regards to this. By all means we not implying that you did not have a frustrating experience but it does sound like a possible translation/communication error. We get many calls every day for activities and other areas of the resort and typically there is no problem. Our philosophy is "our spirt to serve" which is discussed with the team on a daily basis. We have taken your comments and discussed them with the team in effort to make this a learning experience so this does not happen agin.

In general, the large majority of the comments we receive in regards to service are outstanding. In your particular situation we failed to meet your expectations and we will using this as a tool to improve - for this we are quite thankful.

We are also very appreciative that you are recommending Infinity Bay and will be returning. Please reach out to me personally when your ready to return...it will be an honor to have your back!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I traveled recently to Infinity Bay after Paradise Hotels wrote to advise that their beachfront rooms were being renovated. While they offered their hotel, I was inclined to try out Infinity Bay Resort. Wow. As I plan on sharing (if I can ever finish the draft) with another travel guide, Infinity Bay met and exceeded expectations. The value was tremendous: a gorgeous 1BR, daily breakfast, splendid view, friendly, people and dive package for under $2,000 (US)? It almost defies logic.

Also, I traveled alone on this trip, and you can observe quite a bit while solo. First, I must say that the people, staff, instructors, housekeepers, tourists, manager and bus drivers alike were as friendly and trustworthy as I have EVER experienced. The beach is gorgeous. The pool are playful, but visually appealing, the drinks scrumptious. Inevitably, there's always "that guy" or "that girl" at a resort that ruins your book while you've dozed into sunblock land. Not so, here. It's as if even the children were on Roatan vibe.

II will try and find the dive shop for a separate review - I visited 4 - Infinity Bay Dive shop did NOT disappoint. My hat is off to the GM's, owners, and all the people and tourists that made my stay so incredibly spectacular.

Room Tip: Everything is either poolside or ocean side, so not to worry. If you're not a climber, watch fo...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear macandginger,

We are firm believers that there is a reason for everything ( its our beach spirt)....now you are part of the Infinity Bay family! Welcome and thank you for your review and choosing us for your adventure vacation.
Living in DC you are in the middle of the hustle and bustle of city life. Having a chance to break away for relaxation, chill-time ending with a recharge is a wonderful opportunity. The resort team is thrilled that you had an amazing and spectacular time!

We hope to see you back sooner than later!
Thanks again
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We had a great time, afternoon in the ocean and evening in the pool. Excellent customer service from all members of the staff. I highly recommend trying the pizzas at Palapa Bar. My children were so sad to leave. Thank you Infinity Bay...

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Huey,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a brief yet excellant review. We all greatly appreciate the fact the you had such a great time at Infinity Bay and you were inspired enough to share this on tripadvisor.

We look forward to seeing back!
Swansea, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed most of our stay here. Condo was very nice and had everything we needed. Location was great! Beach was awesome! Snorkeling was great! Staff was very helpful. Pool was nice too. Now the not so great. Bugs were indeed a problem. I got ate alive by the " no see ums" ( that's what they call them... You never see them!) I continuously sprayed with the deep woods off and did not help. The food and drink prices kind of get you after awhile. They have 15% tax plus a 10% service fee plus the tip. A can of coke is 2$ plus the fees.... We ate at the resort a few times. It was just average bar type food. No nice dinners. Breakfast was ok though.
There was no entertainment at all. The place was dead after 4 pm. Very quiet. No one at the bar. Never had a single problem finding a lounge chair in the shade which was a plus. Nice place for someone who doesn't want to do much other than lay around. Beautiful stretch of beach!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Fairviews,

Thank you very much for choosing Infinity Bay and for taking the time to submit a very good review. We are glad that you enjoyed the accommodations, location, beach, the staff, pool and food. We are sorry to hear you had an issue with the bugs. Its actually been a very good season for that but I do recommend the Deet 100% if your concerned.

Thursday night is movie night on the beach starting at 7PM, Friday is live music till 10PM, Saturday till 9PM and all day on Sunday.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing back very soon!
Rick
Richmond, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

An aquarium 100 yards off the beach with hundreds of colorful fish. Very relaxed atmosphere and great service. The staff is all very friendly and helpful. Brady was our favorite but they are all great. We used the Infinity Bay Dive Shop and Sara was awesome! We saw a huge stingray. She said it was the biggest she had ever seen there. The coral is just beautiful. My husband and I are still new to diving and she was very patient with us. We had 6 awesome dives. We're already planning our trip for next year back to Infinity Bay in Roatan.

Laura G.

Dear Laura G

Thank for very much for taking the time to submit a review. Sounds like you had a wonderful time exploring the amazing reef located right off our beach. It truly is second to none and we look forward to your return. Thank you for the awesome comments.

See you next time
Florence, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon in Roatan and had an absolutely wonderful time staying at Infinity Bay. We had the diving package and it was the best I've ever done. We managed to pack in 11 dives (10 through the resort and one shark dive with another company arranged through the resort) during our seven night stay! I felt like I was diving in an endless aquarium tank! We saw eels, octopus, sea turtles, among countless other types of fish! There are plenty of activities to do around the west end of the island and we stayed relatively occupied without getting bored. The resort had good food, good drinks, and lovely rooms. It was easy enough to go down the beach for different types of foods or take a water taxi to the west end for a change of scenery.

Dear Chelsea S,

Thank you very much for choosing Infinity Bay as we appreciate your business. The staff was glad to hear you enjoyed the accommodations, food, beverages and other options fared by the resort.

We are at your service!

Rick K

Been to Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!