The Good: This was our third trip to Roatan and the Infinity Bay is by far the best hotel that we have stayed at in Roatan. The pool and deck area are large and well kept. The beach is the best that we have found in Roatan. The rooms are well above standard, being large and well decorated. The maid service was not terrific, but it was acceptable. We had upgraded to a one bedroom unit and it was well worth the price difference (especially in view of the weather --- see the Bad).
There is only one bar, but it is well located. The beer was cold and the drinks well made --- cannot ask for much more. The outdoor restaurant in the bar/pool area was fine for lunch and we did not have a meal that we did not enjoy. Our all inclusive breakfasts and dinners were served in the main indoor restaurant buffet style. The hotel is not huge, unlike many all inclusives, and therefore the buffet is also not huge, but in general the food was very good and sometimes excellent (the American Thanksgiving Dinner was especially good). There was sufficient choice and there was always lots to eat even for picky eaters like us. The waiters are excellent (especially Darlon and Marlon). They work very long hours and yet they are always smiling and appear to be pleased to be there serving you.
The dive shop were very accomodating and went out of their way to make diving possible during very difficult weather. They also had the good sense to cancel dives on days when the weather made safety an issue in spite of the financial loss that they suffered as a result. The dives were well organized, however the diving itself was only OK, but I suspect that the weather had a lot to do with that.
The snorkelling was good right in front of the hotel on the one day that weather allowed it.
The Bad: The weather wasn't simply bad, it was horrible for five straight days (late November - early December). It rained torrentially, evidently over 17 inches over that period, with high winds causing flooding and power outages. Evidently, it had been a relatively dry rainy season until this inundation. This is no one's fault, simply bad luck for us and for the hotel (they lost part of their dock and the workers were put to effort far above and beyond the norm in order to serve us and keep the hotel operating ). The willingness of the workers to work in these conditions without serious complaint is to be complimented. The management of this hotel is to be commended for their choice of staff and for having trained their staff to deal with these unusual conditions.
The Ugly: Sunwing Tours and Sunwing Airlines are the worst travel company/airline that we have dealt with in over 50 trips to southern and skiing destinations. The only good thing that I can say is that their rep at the hotel, Claudio, was very good; perhaps one of the better and more available reps that we have dealt with. The rest of Sunwing was simply terrible. We will never deal with them again, at any price, to anywhere! If you do, do so at your peril. Air flight times were changed not once, not twice, but at least 4 times. The flight which was originally advertised as direct Toronto/Roatan/Toronto, became Toronto/Roatan/Liberia, Costa Rica/Toronto. A less than 5 hour , 20 minute flight originally arriving in Toronto at 4:30 pm, became a 13 hour travel day with 4 hour waits in airports and late departures (although their alert system said the flight was ontime after it left Toronto for Roatan to pick us up). This resulted in a number of people missing connecting flights and the rest of us arriving in Toronto less than refreshed. Sunwing's customer (non) service's attitude was attrocious before the trip, at the airport and on the aircraft. They rely on their contractual rights to "put it to you" every way that they can, but they don't even know their own baggage rules. Enough said about a company that no one should book with.
If you dive, you will enjoy Roatan and the Infinity Bay; just not as much with Sunwing.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.