Just returned from a girls week in Roatan, myself and 5 friends stayed at Infinity Bay. We loved the island, and Infinity Bay seems like the best accommodation option in the area - we are glad we stayed there. The island is very laid back, it is one of the most relaxing vacations I have ever been on. My friends tried scuba diving with the hotel and enjoyed the experience. We also chartered a boat and got to explore some of the other neighboring islands. It was an amazing day!
The beach at IB is one of the most beautiful I have seen in my travels, crystal clear water - always flat and warm. You can do all of the normal activities on the beach - snorkel, SUP, banana boat etc... We tried SUP one day and had a blast! The locals on the beach do constantly haggle you and its a bit of a drag. You cannot take a walk without being followed by a sales person. My suggestion is to be stern if you are not interested. We also rented rafts for the week which made the pool/ocean that much more enjoyable. On the beach ask around for Captain Brooks -- he will rent you his personal rafts for $20/week. Only in Roatan!! We had massages on the beach with Shelia... $30 for an hour, you cannot beat it. Don't expect a spa like atmosphere and you wont be disappointed.
We had a 2 bedroom unit which was just as advertised - clean, modern etc... I loved the huge balcony off the front of the unit with a pool view - great way to relax in the morning and afternoon. Never used the kitchen, but it was nice to have a fridge with filtered water. We heard a lot about the bugs prior to arrival (everyone took malaria pills as a precaution) - we did not have any big issues.... use the bug spray and expect a few bites here and there.
The location of IB cannot be beat - tons of restaurants in the area and a great water taxi to West End for more options. IB has a water taxi that is nice, clean and fast. There are locals that also run water taxis, we preferred the IB option (same price) but it does not run at all times so we took the local option a few times as well. I suggest making sure they have a lights if its night.
The food on the island ranges from not great (barking monkey) to wonderful (Argentinian Grill). I did not like the buffet at the hotel (my friends did, its a preference thing) and had breakfast each day at the Java Café and Wine Bar - great coffee and relaxing clean atmosphere. The Wi-Fi at the hotel did not work most of the time so it was nice to log in each morning to check in with family and work.
All in all we loved the island and had a great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras