“It's pretty.” 4 of 5 stars

BOOK NOW!!!
Ranked #2 of 11 hotels in West Bay
“It's pretty.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

The resort itself is beautiful. Our first room was a dump. It was not what we had booked. The room was connected to another room and the door wasn't even locked. We literally walked into our neighbors room. There was also a strong pesticide smell. I complained to a manager, Sabrina. She was friendly but less than effective. After a couple of days and emails to my travel agent we were moved to a different room. One more in line with what we were expecting. The room was gorgeous. The grounds are well maintained and the pool us amazing. The bar is worth skipping. No one there knows what they are doing and don't care. The front desk staff is inept. I don't even have enough time to detail my dealings with them. The long and short of it? Would I stay there again? Yes. Would I utilize any of their other facilities or engage the staff? Probably not. This is one ypu have to decide for yourself.

• Stayed April 2013
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear csmith,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and respond to my emails - it is greatly appreciated.

We are glad that you enjoyed your second villa, the pool and the grounds. We see that you stayed here over 4 months ago and we have a wonderful service staff at our restaurant under the leadership of a highly experienced food and beverage director who actually started with us the week you arrived. They all work incredibly hard and we feel confident that our operation.

I have shared your comments with our front office team and it has motivated them with our spirt to serve!

I hope you contact me directly when you return!
Thanks again!

Rick

1,039 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Our honeymoon was so great! We loved Roatan, and west bay beach, and infinity! We stayed in room 202a, ground level, right off the beach. It was one of the best rooms. We booked the honeymoon package through infinity's website. I was worried about noise or kids in the pool on the ground level, but it was never a problem. We were set a bit back and the greenery was privacy for sitting on our patio. Our server Jorge, needs a huge raise! He treated us like royalty our whole week there. Excellent server! We got a private sunset meal on the beach, and Jorge would literally run back and forth from our table to the kitchen! He was excellent! Then during the fire dance, he had them make a fire heart around us in the sand while the band played just for us, with all the guests watching. It really made our honeymoon feel extra special! It is a bit more expensive to stay here vs. other places on west bay, but if this is your honeymoon, there isn't any other choice! If we didn't stay here, we said we would walk by it and say, wow look at this place, I wish we stayed here! Seriously, it's that much nicer than all the other places! Our room was beautiful and relaxing, slightly noisy with thin walls, but didn't bother us. We were right next to the bar, and noise was not an issue, considering on island time, most places close down between 10-11. Avi was the activities director, which was nice to have, just tell him what you want to do and he sets it all up. We went swimming with the dolphins, fishing, snorkel trip, and zip lining. Also snorkeled everyday on our beach as this is the place to be for snorkeling! We loved lounging on the beach (just say no thanks to the vendors, it's really not that big of a deal!) we did buy sunglasses, a shell, coconut water, and banana doughnuts from them...I say the vendors enhanced the experience! Everyone needs to make a living, don't be so harsh! After your ride from the airport you won't mind spending some money on what they are offering. Anyway...The grounds were beautiful! The pool was spectacular! So much to do!

FYI. Be sure to check your bill upon departure and do so the night before. With everyone charging to their rooms, there were some that were not ours. Quickly taken off, no big deal. We did get home and they charged our credit card twice for the stay, again we contacted them and they took care of it.

Oh, and the breakfasts! Favorite part of the day! For a buffet, really good. We sat on their patio each morning with the best view with a coffee in hand! And loads of bacon...:)

All in all, it was the absolute perfect honeymoon! Couldn't have been better! Not too touristy and lots of adventures! We definitely will keep exploring the rest of the world, but we will definitely be back for our ten year anniversary!

Thank you Infinity Bay and Jorge for a wonderful, memorable honeymoon!

Room Tip: Ground level, towards the beach, pool side is where we would want to stay again. 202a was perfect.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Stacy E,

It was such a pleasure to hosted you on your honeymoon and the staff really enjoyed making it such a special time! Jorge was so happy that you took the time to share your experience at Infinity Bay. We all have hopes that you will be back on one of your future anniversaries.

Congratulations and we wish you the best!
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Having just published my first novel "The Natural Order of Things" (Vintage 2013) to great acclaim, I decided it was time to find a quiet spot to revise pages of my second novel, "The Captive Condition" (Pantheon 2015), and chose as my retreat the little known island of Roatan, Honduras. There are many places from which to choose on this 30-mile long island, renown for its coral reefs and whale shark sightings, but I selected West Bay Beach and the lovely and affordable resort Infinity Bay for my getaway. Ian Fleming had Jamaica, Hemingway Key West, Graham Greene Cuba and Haiti, I have Rotan--this was my third visit.

I arrived on August 1st and stayed for 10 productive days. The sky and water were an almost hallucinatory, phantasmagorical blue. The snorkeling--only steps from the white sand beach--was phenomenal, teeming with massive brains, spotted stingrays, and enormous schools of sergeant majors.

The staff was generally friendly and helpful. The activities director Avi (think Julie from the "Love Boat," only taller and Canadian with a decidedly fragile sense of humor--he took umbrage at my asking him if he was "compensating for anything" with his freakishly large flippers before an evening snorkel) set me up with a day-long excursion to a remote spit of sand called Pigeon Cay, hosted by the notorious rogue and old salt Cap'n Ray Foster. Our fine skipper, his face wrapped in a bandana, took us land lubbers to many intriguing and rarely visited spots, including a deserted beach for lobster tail appetizers, a deep trench called Spooky Chanel haunted by sea turtles and tiger fish, and a ghostly shipwreck surrounded by a sandy bottom littered with massive starfish. Pigeon Cay, a conch shell graveyard, was populated that sunny afternoon by a group of Italians, the men proudly parading around the shallow water in swimsuits that looked like they'd been tattooed to their backsides.

Back at Infinity Bay I visited the palapa bar every morning at dawn for my afternoon session of scribbling and was served, reluctantly at first, by a gent named Ziggy. When he saw me slashing away at my sentences, he asked if I was studying for an exam. "It's a novel," I replied, "and unless I have some strong coffee post haste you may find yourself in its pages." From then on the coffee was served promptly and with an ingratiating smile.

Chomping on a cigar beside me at the bar sat Rick, the very personable manager of the resort, the sort of man who seems genuinely curious about his guests and cares about the quality of the product he's putting out. He regaled me with stories of his encounter with fellow hack Stephen King who, claimed Rick, said the stories just poured out of him. King should have also pointed out that much was poured into him during his most productive years.

My room at Infinity Bay, located toward the back of the resort, was quiet, clean, efficient with a small balcony, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, a comfortable bed, and an adequate table off the kitchen where in the evenings I typed up all of my revisions for the day.

What I liked most about Infinity Bay was its international quality. Dozens of languages and accents can heard around the pool. My daughter was particularly amused by a German lad who had an inflexible routine. After finishing his morning cigarette in three or four Herculean puffs, he jumped into the water and then spent much of his time combing his shock of blonde hair. "Watch, Dad, there he goes again." A puff of smoke, a loud splash, and then out with the comb for a bit of grooming. A peculiar thing to witness since at Infinity Bay, and Roatan in general, appearances count for very little. The beach bum mentality rules here. This is not an overcrowded cruise ship where the guests are expected to adorn themselves in cheap suits and gold chains for a formal dinner.

Each evening we strolled up and down the beach, admiring the pinwheeling constellations and eating at the various restaurants on the water. Il Pompodoro had great ceviche and Beacher's had wonderful lobster tail dinners. Our favorite spot was Bite on the Beach where the owner threw gobbets of meat into the water to lure two massive, smiling eels into view. We also enjoyed passing by the strange, eerie, empty house once owned by an infamous and supposedly crooked Canadian realtor who was booted off the island like a rejected tribe member on "Survivor." The house looks like it's dripping, melting, something inspired by a bad trip to Barcelona.

I rank Infinity Bay and Roatan very highly, and I'm looking forward to checking out the new property next door, Grand Roatan, which was under construction at the time of our visit. At Grand Roatan we sat at the temporary palapa bar and gorged ourselves on "lobster burgers"--a lobster tail wedged between two buns--and watched the crew of dusty workers finishing the pool.

There's plenty to see and write about in Roatan, and I intend to get a few pages of material out of my time here. And one day I'll write about my degenerate brother and his overnight stay in Coxen Hole with a mysterious woman he met at Sundowner's in the town of West End...

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quiet since there are often activities at the front of the resort near the oce...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Kevin!

It was a pleasure to have hosted your family on their second escape to Infinity Bay. Just completing your novel "The Natural Order of Things" which I found to be an incredible and compelling read...I have started sharing with some of our island friends.
We are glad that our environment added to your creativity and inspiration for your writing. It was great to see you early on the beach every morning sipping your coffee and working on your next novel. It was obvious that your vision was being stimulated by our unique lifestyle.
The staff is looking forward to Keaton's return to island and maybe a Caribbean novel could be on the horizon.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

BE AWARE!!!!!! My family and I were looking forward to staying at the Infinity Bay because of all the wonderful things we had heard from our friends. Unfortunately, we were in Hounduras a few days before departing to Roatan and one of our sons got very ill. We were very dissapointed but the health of our son was not better and we could not travel to the Infinity Bay Resort. I called the Resort and explained the situation to a Manager by the name of Mauricio Briceno and he was very understanding and promised to reimburse our deposit within 7-9 days verbally and in writing. Its been almost a month and NO MONEY BACK. I am extremely dissapointed I've tried to contact this person several times and no luck. My family and I were planning on going again next year and after this experience Infinity Bay will be at the bottom list of our vacation destinations. BE AWARE PEOPLE !!!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear Wendy,

My staff has been exchanging several emails with you in effort to provide you the refund that we agreed to based on your family emergency. We are always flexible and go out of our way to accommodate special request like this. I think its important to point out that your credit card was expired when we attempted several times to apply your credit but the bank would not permit us to process it. Both of or front office managers (Denise and Mauricio) have been working diligently to get this accomplished for you

We find it regrettable that you would take this position based on your card being expired after you booked your reservation and you have never been to Infinity Bay.

We sincerely hope your son is fully recovered and we remain committed to processing your refund! Also, Honduran banks are traditionally much slower than North American banks.
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We rented a 2 bedroom condo for a family of 5, it was perfect. We stayed on the third floor, it was a hike up the stairs but none of us minded, the views were worth it. The pool is awesome, a reggae band plays on Sunday afternoons so make sure you stick around for that. The beach is stunning and the snorkeling is great. My 12 year old son went diving with Infinity Divers every day and loved it. The location of Infinity Bay is fantastic. It is close walking distance to restaurants on the beach, you can eat somewhere different every night. There is plenty to do, and the locals trying to sell activities won't let you forget it! They didn't bother us, we just politely declined the constant offers for water taxis, banana boat rides, paddle boarding,hair braiding, massages, shells, stone turtles and wooden helicopters. We did however buy the donuts from the Banana Donut Guy. They are delicious and he is delightful. We visited West End for a day and were very glad we chose to stay at West Bay. There were lots of shops and Half Moon Bay is nice, but the beach does not compare and the atmosphere is just different. We'll definitely be returning to Infinity Bay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear nateemma,

From one Philadelphian to another thank so much for your kind review! We were so glad that you had a wonderful time and we cant wait for your return...maybe you could bring soft pretzels back with you...lol

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Infinity Bay was excellent! We loved everything about the hotel. The pool was amazing, the beach was beautiful, the staff were very friendly, and we spent many evenings hanging out by the pool bar. We stayed in a first floor one bedroom unit in building three. We really enjoyed the convenience of being on the first floor, close to the pool and beach. We would recommend this to anyone!

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the beach.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kimberly208,

We are thrilled that you enjoyed all the Infinity has to offer! It was mission accomplished from the staffs perspective and we can't thank you enough fpr sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to your next visit!
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

The resort is beautiful and the facilities are in excellent condition. The rooms are very nice and new. The staff very nice and attentive. I don't know why but for some reason the lobby and the entrance towards the pool area from the lobby are the most unattractive areas of the whole resist when it should be the other way around since they give you the first impression of the place. The beach is great and vendors did not really bother me as others here have complained about. Snorkeling is top notch right in front of the resort, the beach is spectacular and there is a world class dive shop on the premises.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Cuchovivas,
Being a top contributor on TripAdvisor it was a real honor for the staff to receive such a wonderful review from a world traveler!
We are working on the arrival experience from the new lobby into the resort which will have a park like setting....really appreciate your comments and feedback.

Hope to see you back next year!

Rick K

Been to Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!