First off, the location of this place absolutely makes it. I have been to many tropical areas, but have never had such easy access to a world-class beach and very good snorkeling (turtles, eagle rays, sting rays, eels, lionfish, and great fish variety litteraly a few yards from the hotel property). Also, it is very close to some good places to eat and drink down the beach, and you can catch water taxis to West End regularly off the dock. The property is also very beautiful, with immaculate landscaping and a very nice and big pool. The rooms are also very nice. Avi, the guy who walks around setting up excursions, is very friendly and really good about making sure you get to do everything you want to.
A few minor issues however. One of the reasons we booked here is because we thought, based on the website, that we would get free breakfast. However, this only applies if you book through the hotel and not through an airline (which we did). Pretty sneaky of them not to make this clear. We ate at the bar on the beach the first afternoon and didnt go back the rest of the trip because the food wasnt very good and the service was terrible. We paid extra for a full kitchen. The kitchen was very nice with nice appliances, but it was very poorly stocked with limited silverware, plates, and glassware etc. The water pressue in the shower was extremely weak, and it was very difficult to find the 'sweet spot' of warm water. We also had issues with the room safe (which they were quick to fix). Beware - there is a problem at this hotel of people charging their food and drinks to your room. We were warned about this from another group, and sure enough we had some food and drink charges that weren't ours when we checked out. The front desk took them off though.
Minor point - do NOT shop at the market down the road. The place is a complete rip-off. Get one of the taxis that hang out outside to take you to Coxen Hole to go shopping. Our driver was Big Daddy and we was really nice and reliable.
All in all, a nice place in an excellent location. If you want a big resorty type experience on the island this is the hotel for you. If you are looking for some better service and a more quiet setting, you are probably better off looking elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras