“First time at Infinity Bay” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Xmas@Infinitybay
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in West Bay
Breaux Bridge, Louisiana
“First time at Infinity Bay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed for a week. Had an amazing time with family and friends. The snorkeling was awesome and the service at the resort was the best. The staff was always courteous and helped out with anything we needed. Food was great and the beer was cold. Can't wait to go back and I would definitely stay at Infinity Bay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was our 7th trip to Roatan, our 5th time in a row at Infinity Bay, and won't be our last. We have stayed at different places on the island, but this one has it all. The nicest beach, restaurants and shops in walking distance, an infinity pool with many water features, and a staff who will assist you with anything you need. For being in a third world poverty stricken country, the accommodations here are first class, very clean and very safe. One of the few places on the island where the water is safe to drink out of the faucet. The menu at the Palapa at Infinity Bay has many new items this year, although everything is great, I highly recommend the pizza special, sushi special, and others with us raved over the chicken pasta. We caught fresh tuna with a local guide and the chef at Infinity Bay prepared it along with two 'local' side dishes and had it delivered it to our room - it was amazing!! The staff is friendly and assisted us with scheduling zip line tours and fishing expeditions. Internet was not available 24 hours a day, but we were able to access it intermittently as they are in the process of upgrading to fiberoptic. We are avid snorkelers, there is no place that compares to Infinity Bay where you can walk into an 'aquarium' right from the beach. The coral is improving, we saw lots of new anemones of all colors. Turtles, stingrays, lion fish, huge parrot fish, angel fish, schools of Dora's, just to name a few things we were able to see. Infinity Bay is my favorite place in the world to snorkel!

Room Tip: Mid way from the beach is ideal for us. This is a resort. There is more foot traffic the closer you...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I spent last week at Infinity Bay and it couldn't have been better! You couldn't find a more beautiful beach anywhere. It is absolutely amazing!!

I thought the resort was very well kept. The staff was friendly & the food was good. I really liked the pizza. It was excellent! The AC worked like a charm in the room. Our place was clean and the staff was very accomodating to any requests we had. We went fishing and they even cooked our catch for us! The Palapa bar was nice. Breezy and comfortable to sit and have a cocktail and get out of the sun for a bit. It was a very safe resort and I felt comfortable there the entire time.

I also loved how other little restaurants and bars were just a short walk down the beach from here!

Overall, I had a fantastic trip to Roatan and Infinity Bay made it even better! I will definitely return and would recommend Infinity Bay to anyone!!

Ashburn, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was a lovely hotel and a great location. The hotel staff was fairly attentive, the rooms were modern, spacious, clean and had kitchenettes. The infinity pool was very nice and the grounds were beautiful. The breakfast buffet was very good and the selections varied from day-to-day so it wasn't always the same thing. Breakfast is included in the room rate. One drawback was that the hotel never seemed to have enough beach towels. There were never any available when their guests began going to the beach in the morning and then they kept running out throughout the day and kept their guests waiting. In addition, there wasn't enough shade on the grounds or on the beach in front of the hotel. That's okay for sun worshipers, but for those of us who wanted to relax and enjoy the beach without getting burned, it was hard to do. The hotel was also a bit pricey. It seems that hotels in Roatan hotels want to charge 5 star prices when the infrastructure just isn't quite there yet. Still, we had an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
East Moline
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We spent a week at Infinity bay. The staff is friendly and professional. The room was always clean, AC worked great, drank the tap water with no problems and the refrigerator had an ice-maker. The pool and beach areas are kept clean. Try the pizza at the on-site restaurant-really good.
We did not have all-inclusive but did have breakfast which was very good too.
There are vendors up and down the public beach area-always polite and not aggressive-check out the banana doughnut guy.

Room Tip: 1 bedroom on main level, 2 bedroom on 2nd level, 3 bedroom units on 3rd level, elevator available.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This was my fourth visit to Roatan and chose to try this resort based on Tripadvisor reviews. We were upgraded to a 2-bdrm condo which was lovely but there was only luke-warm water (maintenance tried turning up the dial on the water heater but hardly made a difference) and minimal water pressure so bathing was a chore rather than a pleasure (the weather was also quite cold the first few days so I really wanted a hot shower :(
The beds were horrible. My partner and I were sinking into each other and we only way 116lbs and 140lbs I would not recommenrespectively. She ended up sleeping on the couch the last few nights (which wasn't much better).
The dining area was set way back from the beach but did have a nice patio outside. The food was only ok and quite repetitive and limited choices. We ended up eating mostly at the beach bar for lunch and the restaurants along the beach which were quite good. There are many more choices than there was 3 years ago.
The pool area is lovely and somewhat tropical and the beach area is quite nice but busier than the other end of the beach which has less rocks and weeds (which weren't bad) washing up.
The bar had good service and there is nothing like having a cold beer in the bottle. Why can't all All-Inclusives do this!
The grounds were quite open with what seemed like minimal foliage but it may just be because the buildings are so tall.This was a big turnoff for me. Could have been in Miami or Nassau.
I would only return to this property if they resolved there water issues and got new comfortable matresses.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Hello and thank you for your review and responding to my emails.

We are passionate about delivering wonderful service experiences and our goal is to exceed everyones expectations. We were all very surprised that you felt we lacked a tropical feel? We are extremely tropical and I would urge anyone to look at the pictures on facebook or on TripAdvisor.

The entire resort is engulfed by hundreds of palm trees and exotic vegetation and we spend a great of time maintaining the lush gardens and keeping them trimmed back.

We did look at the water pressure issue in your building at the got that resolved and we greatly appreciate you bringing that to our attention. Our Caribbean Sweet Sleeper mattress's are top of the line King Koils but we do offer bed boards for guests that prefer a firmer sleep experience.

We hope to see you back at Infinity!
Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I will try to list this as pros and cons. Every person has specific likes and dislikes and I like it when I am just given the facts.
Pros:
Very beautiful grounds, beautiful pool. The condo is modern with good appliances. Located close to everything. They have the best scuba operation on the island.

Cons:
Our first night we were kept up by a live band playing until 11pm. For a family resort ,a questionable idea. Then we were woken several more times by a screaming woman. The 2nd night we were woken at 3am and 345 am by loud arguing and talking. I called every time this happened and it only helped a little. I asked for the front desk manager to call me after the first night and the general manager the 2nd night. I was told the general manager was at lunch and couldn't be found, he never called me back. I guess lunch was more important than clients. The front desk tried to convince me this noise was from the beach and they had no control over it. Both times, I looked out and the people were in the resort, by the pool.
The ocean front view that we paid for was actually a palm tree view. I have pictures, the only thing you could see from our balcony was the palm trees, you can't see the ocean at all. THIS IS AN OCEAN FRONT CONDO, WITH A VIEW OF PALM TREES!!!
We were not told that our condo would be so loud or next to party central, nor were we told we wouldn't be able to see the ocean from our "ocean front" room.
Service was inconsistent-at times it was great, other times I would call for something and they would never get back to me.
I tried one more time to contact the management but to no avail. They seem to try to placate you and hope the problem goes away.

With all of this, I would still go back. However, I would strongly check out where the room is and what the view is. They seem to not really care about guest happiness. I think this is because they are currently the best option on Roatan and always full, so they don't have to worry if the guests are happy or not.

Room Tip: Be very careful which room you choose. The wrong room can deprive you of sleep.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear xcapeohio,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences.

Infinity Bay is without question a family resort and we not "party central" and we work very hard to be as low key as possible with the fun factor built in so everyone has a great time.

We have live music on Friday night that ends at 10pm and Sunday is "Infinity Sundays" with live music and food specials until 630pm....that is the extent of our entertainment schedule. The weekend you were here happened to be the MotoFest on Roatan which brings people in from all over North and Central America. Its the second annual event for the island and it was east to west on Roatan and everyone seemed to have a wonderful time.

The villa you stayed in is on the beach which has an incredible view of the caribbean and beach area and its in high demand by many many repeat members of the Infinity family.

You mentioned that you will be coming back which is great and we look forward to your return. Feel free to reach to me personally at rick@infinitybay.com and allow me to get you all set up.

Thank you!!!

Been to Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!