“Great week at Infinity Bay” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
XMAS IN JULY 60% OFF!!!!
Ranked #2 of 11 hotels in West Bay
East Moline
“Great week at Infinity Bay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We spent a week at Infinity bay. The staff is friendly and professional. The room was always clean, AC worked great, drank the tap water with no problems and the refrigerator had an ice-maker. The pool and beach areas are kept clean. Try the pizza at the on-site restaurant-really good.
We did not have all-inclusive but did have breakfast which was very good too.
There are vendors up and down the public beach area-always polite and not aggressive-check out the banana doughnut guy.

Room Tip: 1 bedroom on main level, 2 bedroom on 2nd level, 3 bedroom units on 3rd level, elevator available.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

1,045 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This was my fourth visit to Roatan and chose to try this resort based on Tripadvisor reviews. We were upgraded to a 2-bdrm condo which was lovely but there was only luke-warm water (maintenance tried turning up the dial on the water heater but hardly made a difference) and minimal water pressure so bathing was a chore rather than a pleasure (the weather was also quite cold the first few days so I really wanted a hot shower :(
The beds were horrible. My partner and I were sinking into each other and we only way 116lbs and 140lbs I would not recommenrespectively. She ended up sleeping on the couch the last few nights (which wasn't much better).
The dining area was set way back from the beach but did have a nice patio outside. The food was only ok and quite repetitive and limited choices. We ended up eating mostly at the beach bar for lunch and the restaurants along the beach which were quite good. There are many more choices than there was 3 years ago.
The pool area is lovely and somewhat tropical and the beach area is quite nice but busier than the other end of the beach which has less rocks and weeds (which weren't bad) washing up.
The bar had good service and there is nothing like having a cold beer in the bottle. Why can't all All-Inclusives do this!
The grounds were quite open with what seemed like minimal foliage but it may just be because the buildings are so tall.This was a big turnoff for me. Could have been in Miami or Nassau.
I would only return to this property if they resolved there water issues and got new comfortable matresses.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Hello and thank you for your review and responding to my emails.

We are passionate about delivering wonderful service experiences and our goal is to exceed everyones expectations. We were all very surprised that you felt we lacked a tropical feel? We are extremely tropical and I would urge anyone to look at the pictures on facebook or on TripAdvisor.

The entire resort is engulfed by hundreds of palm trees and exotic vegetation and we spend a great of time maintaining the lush gardens and keeping them trimmed back.

We did look at the water pressure issue in your building at the got that resolved and we greatly appreciate you bringing that to our attention. Our Caribbean Sweet Sleeper mattress's are top of the line King Koils but we do offer bed boards for guests that prefer a firmer sleep experience.

We hope to see you back at Infinity!
Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I will try to list this as pros and cons. Every person has specific likes and dislikes and I like it when I am just given the facts.
Pros:
Very beautiful grounds, beautiful pool. The condo is modern with good appliances. Located close to everything. They have the best scuba operation on the island.

Cons:
Our first night we were kept up by a live band playing until 11pm. For a family resort ,a questionable idea. Then we were woken several more times by a screaming woman. The 2nd night we were woken at 3am and 345 am by loud arguing and talking. I called every time this happened and it only helped a little. I asked for the front desk manager to call me after the first night and the general manager the 2nd night. I was told the general manager was at lunch and couldn't be found, he never called me back. I guess lunch was more important than clients. The front desk tried to convince me this noise was from the beach and they had no control over it. Both times, I looked out and the people were in the resort, by the pool.
The ocean front view that we paid for was actually a palm tree view. I have pictures, the only thing you could see from our balcony was the palm trees, you can't see the ocean at all. THIS IS AN OCEAN FRONT CONDO, WITH A VIEW OF PALM TREES!!!
We were not told that our condo would be so loud or next to party central, nor were we told we wouldn't be able to see the ocean from our "ocean front" room.
Service was inconsistent-at times it was great, other times I would call for something and they would never get back to me.
I tried one more time to contact the management but to no avail. They seem to try to placate you and hope the problem goes away.

With all of this, I would still go back. However, I would strongly check out where the room is and what the view is. They seem to not really care about guest happiness. I think this is because they are currently the best option on Roatan and always full, so they don't have to worry if the guests are happy or not.

Room Tip: Be very careful which room you choose. The wrong room can deprive you of sleep.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear xcapeohio,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences.

Infinity Bay is without question a family resort and we not "party central" and we work very hard to be as low key as possible with the fun factor built in so everyone has a great time.

We have live music on Friday night that ends at 10pm and Sunday is "Infinity Sundays" with live music and food specials until 630pm....that is the extent of our entertainment schedule. The weekend you were here happened to be the MotoFest on Roatan which brings people in from all over North and Central America. Its the second annual event for the island and it was east to west on Roatan and everyone seemed to have a wonderful time.

The villa you stayed in is on the beach which has an incredible view of the caribbean and beach area and its in high demand by many many repeat members of the Infinity family.

You mentioned that you will be coming back which is great and we look forward to your return. Feel free to reach to me personally at rick@infinitybay.com and allow me to get you all set up.

Thank you!!!
Fayetteville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have been traveling to here for the past seven years. Stayed at many other resorts and this is hands down the best one on the island. Be patient at any bar or resturant on the island as service is slow anywhere you go. Love this place, will go back for many years to come. Great for all ages of people!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Miami, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

This was our third stay at IB on the last five years. In some aspects they have improved tremendously, such as with their check-in and transportation system have dramatically improved. They used to pile in several families in a crowded van and they have since outsourced. Just be careful on the ride in. I usually stop by the grocery store for food for the week. A tip was all that was necessary since it was on the way in. I had a driver charge is $50 for the stopover, which I had a feeling was a rip. Just be aware and know what you are paying for when traveling from the airport.

As for the complaints on the WiFi system. They are having issues with the different routers and had to replace the on in our room. Otherwise it is spotty but they are working on it. The rooms are pretty much the same and service from the maids on property is a bit delayed. I saw the way they clean and to be honest they don't really try that hard. Pretty sad to see, since most of the staff really try hard to work with the residents/guests. Food on site is actually very good. There Angus Burger was a hit with me and the kids. Prices are up there as you will expect from any resort. The good thing is you will be happy with your food, even if if is up there in pricing.

They also have a dive shop on site. Wrote a separate review for them but they were very good. They also offer valet service with your equipment which really does help.

Overall we had a great stay once more and will be heading back. They have the best beach front of any property on West Bay. Now with all the new restaurants nearby you don't necessarily have to travel to West End. Just another insight if the kids or diver in your family falls under the weather there is a wonderful doctor up the road that really addresses issues quickly. Saw him for a sprained back and he had me back in the water in a day.

• Stayed June 2013
Tahlequah, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Infinity Bay June 15-22. It was perfect! We came in a group of 13 with many of them diving. We all had different needs and the staff were able to handle all of our needs. I can't tell you how helpful Denise Bueso has been! She went the extra mile for us. I could email her my questions and she was always willing to help. The resort is beautiful. The rooms/condo are perfect. Everything is so convenient. We were able to enjoy so many activities, with the convenience and layout of the resort. The breakfast is awesome. The omelette s are great and the cook was so kind. We all totally enjoyed Swiss he was so good to us. I want to thank Nahun Ortega for always calling me by name and giving me insight on life in Roatan. The staff make it there goal to take care of you! The rooms were cleaned daily and i don't know how they handle all that sand. The dive shop was very accommodating and supportive. La palapa bar serves the best drinks and pizza. We ate so many good meals there. The reef is so close and unbelievabe, you can spend hours and see so many things. Thanks for a memorable, beautiful vacation! I definitely want to come again!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Coldspring, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We have been going to Infinity Bay Resort at least two or three times a year for the last three years. I cannot say enough nice things about the Resort, the staff, and the owners. The location of the resort is spectacular; if you like the pool life, the resort has a wonderful and refreshing pool with plenty of poolside loungers and a swim up bar. If you like the beach life, you simply walk a few yards out the door of your condo and you are on the most beautiful beach on the island, again with plenty of lounge chairs. The snorkeling and diving are phenomenal right out in front of the resort. The food at the resort is very good, and the wait staff is eager to please. If you want other food choices, there are plenty of good restaurants within walking distance, or you can take the Infinity Bay water taxi over to the West End for a small fee.
The condos are clean, well furnished and beautiful and comfortable. The breakfast buffet in wonderful. We have made many friends at Infinity Bay, because there are quite a few people who either live there full time or return time after time. Quite honestly, there is not one negative thing I can say about Infinity Bay. We have traveled to many places including Hawaii and I have found no place I like better that Infinity Bay Resort.

Room Tip: None of the condos are a bad location, it just depends on your particular needs.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!