This was our third stay at IB on the last five years. In some aspects they have improved tremendously, such as with their check-in and transportation system have dramatically improved. They used to pile in several families in a crowded van and they have since outsourced. Just be careful on the ride in. I usually stop by the grocery store for food for the week. A tip was all that was necessary since it was on the way in. I had a driver charge is $50 for the stopover, which I had a feeling was a rip. Just be aware and know what you are paying for when traveling from the airport.
As for the complaints on the WiFi system. They are having issues with the different routers and had to replace the on in our room. Otherwise it is spotty but they are working on it. The rooms are pretty much the same and service from the maids on property is a bit delayed. I saw the way they clean and to be honest they don't really try that hard. Pretty sad to see, since most of the staff really try hard to work with the residents/guests. Food on site is actually very good. There Angus Burger was a hit with me and the kids. Prices are up there as you will expect from any resort. The good thing is you will be happy with your food, even if if is up there in pricing.
They also have a dive shop on site. Wrote a separate review for them but they were very good. They also offer valet service with your equipment which really does help.
Overall we had a great stay once more and will be heading back. They have the best beach front of any property on West Bay. Now with all the new restaurants nearby you don't necessarily have to travel to West End. Just another insight if the kids or diver in your family falls under the weather there is a wonderful doctor up the road that really addresses issues quickly. Saw him for a sprained back and he had me back in the water in a day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras