“Absolutely beautiful!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 11 hotels in West Bay
Tahlequah, Oklahoma, United States
“Absolutely beautiful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Infinity Bay June 15-22. It was perfect! We came in a group of 13 with many of them diving. We all had different needs and the staff were able to handle all of our needs. I can't tell you how helpful Denise Bueso has been! She went the extra mile for us. I could email her my questions and she was always willing to help. The resort is beautiful. The rooms/condo are perfect. Everything is so convenient. We were able to enjoy so many activities, with the convenience and layout of the resort. The breakfast is awesome. The omelette s are great and the cook was so kind. We all totally enjoyed Swiss he was so good to us. I want to thank Nahun Ortega for always calling me by name and giving me insight on life in Roatan. The staff make it there goal to take care of you! The rooms were cleaned daily and i don't know how they handle all that sand. The dive shop was very accommodating and supportive. La palapa bar serves the best drinks and pizza. We ate so many good meals there. The reef is so close and unbelievabe, you can spend hours and see so many things. Thanks for a memorable, beautiful vacation! I definitely want to come again!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

1,045 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
Coldspring, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We have been going to Infinity Bay Resort at least two or three times a year for the last three years. I cannot say enough nice things about the Resort, the staff, and the owners. The location of the resort is spectacular; if you like the pool life, the resort has a wonderful and refreshing pool with plenty of poolside loungers and a swim up bar. If you like the beach life, you simply walk a few yards out the door of your condo and you are on the most beautiful beach on the island, again with plenty of lounge chairs. The snorkeling and diving are phenomenal right out in front of the resort. The food at the resort is very good, and the wait staff is eager to please. If you want other food choices, there are plenty of good restaurants within walking distance, or you can take the Infinity Bay water taxi over to the West End for a small fee.
The condos are clean, well furnished and beautiful and comfortable. The breakfast buffet in wonderful. We have made many friends at Infinity Bay, because there are quite a few people who either live there full time or return time after time. Quite honestly, there is not one negative thing I can say about Infinity Bay. We have traveled to many places including Hawaii and I have found no place I like better that Infinity Bay Resort.

Room Tip: None of the condos are a bad location, it just depends on your particular needs.
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I went here for a wedding back in April along with my girlfriend. I have never been to Roatan before and found it a very beautiful place with great food and very nice people. Here are some of my thoughts on it all:

RESORT
The resort is very pretty in a very scenic area with mountainous jungle behind it and smaller resorts on either side.

ATMOSPHERE
I would highly recommend this for anyone who likes diving and or relaxing. It's a quiet resort with a very laid back feel. As someone who typically likes to party on vacation this resort doesn't quite cater to that. April is a slow time for tourism in Roatan. Along with the fact that a large percent of the resort's rooms are actually owned by condo owners, there are sometimes you can feel like you're the only ones there. It's not a bad thing it can be pretty cool, just don't expect a party atmosphere.

I found the local beach vendors could be annoying at times as there were quite a few on the beach during the day pestering you to buy their items. The security guards at the resort were always nearby to keep the vendors away if they thought you wanted them to leave you alone. However a couple times I was woken up by the more aggressive sellers.

POOL / BEACH
One of the nicest pools I've ever been in at a resort. It's very large and doesn't have a deep end. The beach is very pretty with crystal clear water. You can walk a long ways in either direction down the beach and it's gorgeous the whole way. The only complaints I have for the beach is there can be a lot of tiny sand bugs. I think they are fleas but I'm not certain, they don't appear to bite at least not during the day. At dusk/early night I highly suggest bug spray if you're hanging around the beach as something, fleas or mosquitos likes to get bitey. Bug spray makes it all good. Be careful that any bags or towels you bring to the beach aren't dragged back with you to your room. I had a mini infestation of the tiny buggers in my shaving kit. I can't be certain how they got there but my guess is from the beach, after some airing out on the balcony they were all gone.

ROOM
We upgraded for the extra 20 or 40 bucks for the villa rooms and it was the best decision ever. I have never stayed in such a beautiful, enormous room, it was hard to find use for it all. We had two huge balconies, two huge bedrooms, with two huge king size beds, two nice bathrooms, a living room, a kitchen with dishwasher, oven, fridge, washer and dryer machine. We didn't find much use for the kitchen in the end as it is an all inclusive resort. One disappointment was unlike a lot of resorts I've stayed at the fridge is not stocked with alcohol or bottled water. You're encouraged to drink from their filtered water from the taps.

FOOD / DRINK
Food was very, very good but there is a more limited selection to choose from than larger resorts offer. Drinks were good and I found myself really enjoying their local beers. Mixed drinks you must select from a list of choices. They do the majority of standard concoctions but I found there were a few I couldn't order unless I paid for them.

STAFF
Very friendly and welcoming. Can't say a bad thing about them. I accidentally left my dive knife behind at the resort and thought it was as good as gone. I sent the resort an email only to have the GM Rick respond that they had found it! Rick immediately mailed me my knife right to my door step. Rick definitely went the extra mile for me and I can't say enough kind things about how much this meant to me. Thanks!!!

SNORKELLING / SCUBA DIVING
I'm a scuba diver and I found the diving to be quite good even just off the shore of the resort. Lots of beautiful eels, turtles, rays and reefs to see. The beach ends a short walk down the way one way where a cliff extends out into the ocean. There is some great snorkelling to do right there and lots of marine life to sea.

DAY TRIPS
We took a bus trip across the island that took us to a butterfly conservatory, Iguana farm, some tourist hot spots and an a paradise island for dinner. I highly recommend the excursion, bring your camera as there is a lot of beautiful amazing things to see on it.

Along with my girlfriend we also went to Anthony's key to swim with the dolphins. I have never done it before as I'm usually apprehensive for how these types of places treat their dolphins. After doing some research on it and now having had a chance to go there myself It is very impressive. It's in a pen in the ocean with a ton of space and a lot of dolphins. If ever the dolphins wanted to get out it is an easy jump for them into the ocean.

They take very good care of the dolphins. It's a pricey event, they have a few options to choose from where you can meet the dolphins and learn about them. For extra you can snorkel with them and for even more you can be a trainer for a day with them. If you're going to take the trek there I highly suggest you splurge the extra bucks to swim with the dolphins the meet and greet is nice but short and not nearly as full filling as swimming along side them. It was a truly great experience.

Room Tip: Bring bug spray if you are going to hang around the beach at dusk/night.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Mike,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your experience at Infinity Bay.
It was also a great experience for our team to have hosted you and your girlfriend on your vacation adventure. I apologize for the beach vendors and its something we are working on very diligently with local authorities. When you come back (which we hope you do) send me a note and I will have some of your favorite beverages waiting for you.

Take care and have a great summer!
Artesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband, 12 year old son and I stayed at Infinity Bay June 7 - June 14. It is a beautiful and clean resort. My family and I chose to include the meal plan and I am so glad we did. Although at times it did get a bit confusing as to what we were able to order from the menu. Several times they took our menu away and gave us a "special" one, which was a lot smaller. Denise at the front desk told myself and another family we were traveling with that we could order anything we wanted from the regular menu and that she told the manager down at La Palapa bar, but it seems that no one is on the same page there. But regardless of all the confusion in the end it was worth it to us to include the meal plan. I would like to say a special thank you to Jorge and Lamar. Jorge is the BEST water I have ever had, he hustles and will bend over back words for your needs, he is an awesome person. Lamar was the security guard on the beach, I felt very safe with him around and I had no doubt that our belongings were not going to be missing with him guarding our stuff. He takes his job very seriously! The pool at Infinity Bay is beautiful and clean, but a bit warm. The night life at Infinity Bay is kind of bland. I think they should have more entertainment, at least play some music. I did get eaten up by sand fleas and mosquitos, but my son and husband did not. Snorkeling is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Paddle boarding was fun, especially with Anita. We are definitely going back!

Nederland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My 17yr. old daughter and I visited Roatan for a wedding. We arrived June 7-10. It was our first time in Roatan and Infinity Bay. The resort was absolutely fabulous, with a gorgeous infinity pool and view of the ocean. The property is beautiful and modern with free Wi-Fi in the room and by the pool. We were upgraded to a 1 BR (thank you Denise!!!!) which had a nice kitchen with full sized appliances, washer and dryer, dining room, living room and a balcony. All very nicely furnished. The staff was superb. Ms. Bueso answered all my e-mails with questions about the resort and processed the reservation and confirmation in a timely manner. She also scheduled our airport shuttle pick-up. We also enjoyed going snorkeling, zip-lining and lounging right by the sea.
For dinner &/or lunch we visited La Palapa which was good and the Argentinian Grill. For breakfast we went to Celestes and JavaVine...also good! We bought water and snacks from Maggianos deli which also had about anything you may want or need for your stay in Roatan. All these places are within walking distance of IB....no need for a car. I can't say enough how much we enjoyed our stay at IB... we will definitely return. As for departing from Roatan, we paid approx. $4.00 USD departure tax out of Roatan to San Pedro Sula and in San Pedro Sula we paid $39.24 USD/person leaving for Miami. Both airports are easy to navigate and everyone that I encountered spoke English. Enjoy your stay< I know you're going to love it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Maribebelle L

Mucho Gracias for your very nice review! The entire team especially Denise was excited to read read your comments and they send their gratitude to you and your daughter.

There is so much to take advantage of in the West Bay Beach area and it sounds like you had a great time exploring.

Hope you get the time for a repeat performance and have a wonderful summer!
Portland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband, our three-year-old daughter, and I stayed here and had a room right next to the pool. We dined at the restaurant (loved chatting up Isda, the 'queen'!) and loved the chicken quesadillas and chips and salsa. Great desserts and breakfast buffet, too! We had a blast dancing to the band on Saturday night; paddle-boarding in the ocean right off the beach one afternoon; and snorkeling right off the beach. It was dreamy eating at some of the restaurants down the beach from the hotel (can't remember the names) and watching the sunset. We did the early-morning dolphin encounter, too, and our daughter got to touch a dolphin's teeth and her belly and fins. We couldn't have had a better time. Thanks Infinity Bay for your lovely staff, who were so informative about different things to do around the island. The bellman came and grabbed our bags without even having to be sent for the morning we left. I mean, talk about service!!!! The whole team was all smiles. I can't wait to return. Over and over and over again! You can also order dinner to your patio and eat it at your little outside table. We did this a few times.

Room Tip: We wanted to be near the pool, but if you've got little kids who can't swim, maybe this isn...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Julia D,
Thank you very much for your very nice review of your time at Infinity Bay. Sounds like we have a new member of the Infinity family. The staff is so happy that you a wonderful experience and took advantage of what our little paradise has to offer.
We look forward to seeing you and your family back when you have the time.

Best

Rick K
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

The property is beautiful, rooms were nicely furnished, staff was friendly and the snorkeling was beyond our expecations. The security at the resort made us feel very safe. We wore bug spray at the beach and didn't have any issues with insects or sand fleas. The meals we ate at the resort were good and they made the best pina coladas along the beach. (and we tried them all!) The location was perfect! The snorkeling right out your front door is probably the best you will find anywhere right off the beach. We saw rays, turtles and so many different types of fish. We took a water taxi into West End and enjoyed our afternoon there shopping, drinking and eating. We would highly recommend IB to our family and friends and are planning a return visit next year.

Dear Carollaj,

Th entire staff is so excited that you had such a great time on your vacation. We are lucky to have a terrific security team that is completely bilingual and highly trained. The bartenders were thrilled to hear how much to enjoyed the piña coladas....there will always be one ready for you!

Best!

Rick K

Been to Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!