“Infinity Bay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in West Bay
Artesia
“Infinity Bay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband, 12 year old son and I stayed at Infinity Bay June 7 - June 14. It is a beautiful and clean resort. My family and I chose to include the meal plan and I am so glad we did. Although at times it did get a bit confusing as to what we were able to order from the menu. Several times they took our menu away and gave us a "special" one, which was a lot smaller. Denise at the front desk told myself and another family we were traveling with that we could order anything we wanted from the regular menu and that she told the manager down at La Palapa bar, but it seems that no one is on the same page there. But regardless of all the confusion in the end it was worth it to us to include the meal plan. I would like to say a special thank you to Jorge and Lamar. Jorge is the BEST water I have ever had, he hustles and will bend over back words for your needs, he is an awesome person. Lamar was the security guard on the beach, I felt very safe with him around and I had no doubt that our belongings were not going to be missing with him guarding our stuff. He takes his job very seriously! The pool at Infinity Bay is beautiful and clean, but a bit warm. The night life at Infinity Bay is kind of bland. I think they should have more entertainment, at least play some music. I did get eaten up by sand fleas and mosquitos, but my son and husband did not. Snorkeling is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Paddle boarding was fun, especially with Anita. We are definitely going back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
Nederland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My 17yr. old daughter and I visited Roatan for a wedding. We arrived June 7-10. It was our first time in Roatan and Infinity Bay. The resort was absolutely fabulous, with a gorgeous infinity pool and view of the ocean. The property is beautiful and modern with free Wi-Fi in the room and by the pool. We were upgraded to a 1 BR (thank you Denise!!!!) which had a nice kitchen with full sized appliances, washer and dryer, dining room, living room and a balcony. All very nicely furnished. The staff was superb. Ms. Bueso answered all my e-mails with questions about the resort and processed the reservation and confirmation in a timely manner. She also scheduled our airport shuttle pick-up. We also enjoyed going snorkeling, zip-lining and lounging right by the sea.
For dinner &/or lunch we visited La Palapa which was good and the Argentinian Grill. For breakfast we went to Celestes and JavaVine...also good! We bought water and snacks from Maggianos deli which also had about anything you may want or need for your stay in Roatan. All these places are within walking distance of IB....no need for a car. I can't say enough how much we enjoyed our stay at IB... we will definitely return. As for departing from Roatan, we paid approx. $4.00 USD departure tax out of Roatan to San Pedro Sula and in San Pedro Sula we paid $39.24 USD/person leaving for Miami. Both airports are easy to navigate and everyone that I encountered spoke English. Enjoy your stay< I know you're going to love it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Maribebelle L

Mucho Gracias for your very nice review! The entire team especially Denise was excited to read read your comments and they send their gratitude to you and your daughter.

There is so much to take advantage of in the West Bay Beach area and it sounds like you had a great time exploring.

Hope you get the time for a repeat performance and have a wonderful summer!
Portland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband, our three-year-old daughter, and I stayed here and had a room right next to the pool. We dined at the restaurant (loved chatting up Isda, the 'queen'!) and loved the chicken quesadillas and chips and salsa. Great desserts and breakfast buffet, too! We had a blast dancing to the band on Saturday night; paddle-boarding in the ocean right off the beach one afternoon; and snorkeling right off the beach. It was dreamy eating at some of the restaurants down the beach from the hotel (can't remember the names) and watching the sunset. We did the early-morning dolphin encounter, too, and our daughter got to touch a dolphin's teeth and her belly and fins. We couldn't have had a better time. Thanks Infinity Bay for your lovely staff, who were so informative about different things to do around the island. The bellman came and grabbed our bags without even having to be sent for the morning we left. I mean, talk about service!!!! The whole team was all smiles. I can't wait to return. Over and over and over again! You can also order dinner to your patio and eat it at your little outside table. We did this a few times.

Room Tip: We wanted to be near the pool, but if you've got little kids who can't swim, maybe this isn...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Julia D,
Thank you very much for your very nice review of your time at Infinity Bay. Sounds like we have a new member of the Infinity family. The staff is so happy that you a wonderful experience and took advantage of what our little paradise has to offer.
We look forward to seeing you and your family back when you have the time.

Best

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

The property is beautiful, rooms were nicely furnished, staff was friendly and the snorkeling was beyond our expecations. The security at the resort made us feel very safe. We wore bug spray at the beach and didn't have any issues with insects or sand fleas. The meals we ate at the resort were good and they made the best pina coladas along the beach. (and we tried them all!) The location was perfect! The snorkeling right out your front door is probably the best you will find anywhere right off the beach. We saw rays, turtles and so many different types of fish. We took a water taxi into West End and enjoyed our afternoon there shopping, drinking and eating. We would highly recommend IB to our family and friends and are planning a return visit next year.

Dear Carollaj,

Th entire staff is so excited that you had such a great time on your vacation. We are lucky to have a terrific security team that is completely bilingual and highly trained. The bartenders were thrilled to hear how much to enjoyed the piña coladas....there will always be one ready for you!

Best!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Maybe I should be your resort spokepersonI have been telling everybody about This resort I have my sister entire family arriving soon and co-workers coming this winter. I have been procrastinating in writing a review for almost a year. I'm very sorry. Without hesitation i can tell everyone this is the nicest, best. most wonderful resort in all of Roatan possibly the world. The rooms where spectacular, The food was delicious, and the grounds spotless. The entire staff was there to make everyones vacation memorable" In a good way".
Wish we could return this year but we couldn't perhaps in 2014 . But guess what.....I will be able to relive the island and all the fun through my sister and her family. I raved so much and bragged so much that they booked 3 rooms at the resort for an entire week at the end of this month. The Klawiter family is so lucky i'm sure they will have the great time as we did. The general manager Rick was attentive to all his guests and at the same time nice to his hard working staff. Don't forget when you go to tell them Lori sent ya! Oh and have a monkey la la drink for me they are out of this world!! I will try to post some pictures soon!

Room Tip: We had a beautiful 1 bedroom overlooking the ocean. Request a room with a view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sunshine from Philly,

Better late then never and we really appreciate you taking the time to write such a cool review! Im sure we can work out a deal with you to be our special spokesperson. Anybody who mentions Lori will get a free rum punch in honor of this great family! Thank you for your kind words as our team is the most valuable asset we have at the resort....hard working people here to tale care of everyone.

Sure hope we see you back for more memories!

Best
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed for the first time at Infinity Bay during the end of April 2013. I must say the place is breath taking. No comparison! The transparent beach and infinite pool are amazing. The food was just great as well as the staff. We stayed in the studio suite which was very nice and comfortable. We ate mostly at the Palapa bar where there is a wide variety and the price is fair. First night we went to the buffet and it is pricey.(Didn't go back) There was night events, however I would like to see the night life go beyond 10pm especially on a Friday/Sat night. Overall, I enjoyed my stay in Roatan and will def be back. Infinity bay is worth it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is the first time I wrote a review on trip adviser. I felt compelled to as the negative ones regarding the resort appear to be "put of jobs" manufactured by competition. I.B. is like the Mercedes Benz of resorts on Roatan. Every resort compares themselves to them. They compare themselves to no one. I have bee going to the island for more than 10 years. Stayed at most properties. Past 6 years only at I.B. several times a year. I enjoyed my stay and extended my stay 3 times, from one to three weeks. This property is state of the art. Water is pure and safe. It appears all staff are hand picked and polite. After a couple days everyone knows your name and greets you my your name. If you rise at dawn you can watch the staff appear from underground bunkers and " scrub the property" the pool is crystal clear, vacumed every a.m., the beach is raked and groomed every a.m. The accommodations are luxury condos. Coffee at 6 a.m. At the beach bar. There you will find zingy or puma. Bartenders extraordiner. You see Rick the property manager having coffee smoking a Honduran fine cigar, working on his iPad. Rick is a highly visible guy. Not in an office but always outside on the grounds, directing the staff and engaging conversation with guest. 7 a.m. Is the breakfast buffet, where chefs prepare gourmet eggs to your specifications. Wait staff very attentive. Island food plus all u.s. cuisine. Similar to the Marriott buffet, but better. Not a shocker since I learned Rick manage premier Marriott and Hilton properties in the states. Next head to beach and pool. Best snorkel, best beach on island. I went scuba diving everyday. I ate at different restaurants on the beach, but one would be hard presses to find better food at I.B. sand fleas are prevelant on the island. U won't know you got bit until the next a.m. Deet spray is as important as sunscreen. If apply both in a.m. U will be fine. Extended my stay twice, told Rick had problem on line changing flights. No problem he said. His night manager Amilcare comes in at 5 previously worked for United. It. Would have been a nightmare for me. Amilcare worked on it. Two days later he appears at my room with a ticket. I know that is not his job description, so I attempted to give him a tip, which he refused several times, until I insisted.
How about that for service! Would I go back to I.b. Damn straight I will!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Mr Turk77

Thank you very much for your time to write such a gracious review of Infinity Bay. It was a pleasure extending your stay week after week during your adventure in Roatan. Actually that is much more common than you would think as the biggest problem we have is, our guests don't want to leave. The entire team really enjoyed your company for the three weeks you were here. The bartenders were asking me the other day when Mr Turk will be back. We all look forward to your return and wish you the best!

Been to Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!