My husband and I plus 3 other couples and their daughter spent a week here the end of January 2013. Upon arrival we were greeted by the Manager "Rick" who was very friendly shaking hands and letting us know if there was anything we wanted just to let him know. We have never had that personal welcome before and thought what a difference a smaller resort can make. We always try and book a 2nd floor suite as we both prefer the fresh ocean air than air conditioners but unfortunately our agent said the resort couldn't guarantee it. We did email the resort also but the answer was much the same. We were shown to our "ground floor" condo and when I first opened the door and took a breath I told my husband I can't stay here! I suffer from chemical sensitivies and allergies so this was extremely upsetting. The smell was definitely an insecticide as it was also on the bushes surrounding the patio. We opened all the windows and put all the fans on hoping it would get better. Two of our other couples were also on the ground floor but said the smell was not as strong and didn't affect them. I had a tour of our third couples room (with their daughter) a 2 bedroom on the 3rd floor and the sea breeze was wonderful - absolutely no chemical smell what-so-ever! After airing the room out for 8 hours there was no change so we asked the front desk if the could move us. They were able to give us a small room on the 2nd level for only one night. The next day we went back up to the desk and I asked to speak to Rick the Manager and they said he was not available. (I asked a total of 4 times to speak to the Manager and was told he was not available but that he knew the situation). So much for the welcoming speach!! They could not find us another room the second night so we had to stay there with all the windows open and fans running. (Not too pleased as anyone could have walked in). In hindsight I should have slept on the couch in the livingroom of our friend's 3rd level condo. The next morning I was so sick I immediately went to the front desk and Denise said she would check to see if any honeymooners wanted to switch rooms. I realize this is a small resort and that not all the units are rented out by the owners so this isn't an easy task to move someone. Finally on our third day at 3 o'clock Denise came through and took us to our "second floor" upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite. It was absolute heaven! We had a breeze from one end to the other end!! I did notice that the condo we moved out of was empty for two days and when I saw two men on the balcony I asked them how they liked it there. They said it was alot better than their previous one as there was a foul ordor which they said must have been a dead animal in the duct work. These things do happen even on vacation.
The resort itself is wonderful - the condos are fabulous nicely decorated and very clean. The buffet was really good. I would have liked to have more than one selection of dessert (lots of fruit though) but what they had was good.
I did fill out a questionaire at the resort and was hoping Rick would have at least replied to it but it sounds like he only replies to reviews if it is online as my girlfriend got a reply to her review.
I would definitely go again only if it was above ground.
I would have sent this review much sooner but unfortunately I have had pneumonia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras