“Wonderful place to stay in a beautiful location” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
Book now!!
Ranked #2 of 11 hotels in West Bay
Vancouver, Canada
“Wonderful place to stay in a beautiful location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We just got back one week ago from a two week vacation at Infinity Bay. It was everything we had hoped for and more. We had read many of the reviews before going down so we were expecting it to be a great place to stay, and I was worried it wouldn't live up to its description, which we've had happen before. Well, we needn't have worried at all. The hotel is lovely, though not quite finished yet. (There is no spa completed at this time). The grounds are well kept and groomed and the rooms are large and clean and modern.

The beach is absolutely lovely, with clean white sand, (all seaweed is raked off continuously), and the reef is just a couple of minutes swim right out front of the hotel. The snorkeling was amazing and we couldn't believe the amount and variety of fish that we saw while there. My husband also did several dives and the Infinity Bay Divers (Robert, Andreas, and Gullianne) were very helpful and professional.

We went with SunWing and did the All Inclusive although we had a suite and could cook if we wanted to as well. Personally, other than a couple of mornings where we just had a couple of pieces of toast and tea in our room before going to the beach, we looked forward to going to the buffet for each meal. No, there is not dozens upon dozens of choices. What they have done is much better than that as far as we were concerned. They have a different theme each night, ie., Honduran, Mexican, Italian, Seafood, etc., and they choose three or four main dishes, three or four side dishes,with salads and a desert in the theme of the night. BUT they have perfected each dish that they make so that each choice is delicious. We always left feeling full and enjoyed everything we tried. (We are still talking about their Tres Leche Cake too ;)..very good).

The staff were ALL helpful, from the girl who cleaned our room each day, (we had no problems getting towels at all), to the restaurant staff who were invariably cheerful and made meals fun, to the staff at the beach bar/restaurant. I want to make a note here too re the complaints some people have posted about the preference of the staff to the SunWing people over the Timeshare people or vice versa. Because we had read this on a few reviews we conciously watched for anything like that and we saw no favouritism in service whether it was AI or Timeshare, OR whether you tipped or didn't tip. I think, like anywhere, I'm sure it has happened at some point, but honestly I think it would be the exception not the rule). We at least, over two full weeks, saw nothing to complain about in this regard at all.

We'd like to specially mention: Angela in the bar upstairs, unbelievably hard working and invariably cheerful (we loved her), Darlon "O'brian" you were so much fun, Luis keep smiling :), Jerry and Marlon such great servers, Eldon, you have a voice like an angel and we enjoyed listening to you from our balcony one lunch time, and all the cooks were great but a special thank you to Heinz for always welcoming us with a smile (and for cutting me little choice pieces of meat). At the beach bar Ivan and Alex fought over us in a friendly fashion every lunch time that we went there and SwissMarty thankyou for sharing your story with us. From Kristy at the front desk when we arrived to each and everyone of you thank you for making us feel "at home" and relaxed in such a lovely setting.

Our best day in Roatan was spent with a tourguide named Nolla (Info@islandtourofroatan.com). We arranged for Nola through Sophie/Avi at the front desk. Both of them are very helpful and informative and you can place your trust in what they tell you. It was US$65 for an airconditioned car to take us whereever we wanted to go for the day. We opted for the Iguana Farm, the town of Punta Gorda (awesome seafood platter lunch), the mangrove boat ride (amazing and fun), and were driven through many of the smaller towns. Nolla was incredibly knowledgeable about the history of each place and the island in general as well as knowing all the native herbs and cures that the islanders use. By the time we made it "home" we felt that we had a much better understanding of life there which for us is one of reasons we travel.

My husband wants to make sure I recommend their beer too. They have three kinds and all of them are good. If you like Corona their "Port Royal" is as good, and he liked the "Barena". The house wine served at dinner is pretty good too.

I also would like to say to all the people that complain about the beach being busy on the days that the cruise ships are in...it's not just on Roatan, its like that everywhere in the Carribean. And try as I can I don't understand how this is the fault of Infinity Bay or any other individual hotel. Yes, to be honest the foot traffic up the beach did get a little busier but not terribly so and it made for some really interesting people watching anyway. :) Besides if you like the pool you won't even notice them and they don't use the chairs at the beach at any rate either.''

As another side note the local people selling things like cigars/hammocks/tshirts/necklaces etc do walk up and down the beach but do not in any way harrass you. Yes, they ask if you catch their eye but you say no thanks and they smile and move on. Not ONCE were we bothered.

For sure buy a donut from the Banana donut man. I still just close my eyes to hear his singsong voice saying "banana donuts" as he walks up and down the beach...(.his wife makes them fresh every day).

All in all it was a terrific vacation and we fully intend on coming back. Originally we thought we'd go back again next month but due to my husband hurting his back it looks like we are now having to wait until next spring again. It is something to be looked forward to!

Also, and last but not least, we did finally meet Rick the manager and he was as nice and courteous as everyone says. And yes you can see him regularly down at the beach restaurant working away on his laptop....so if you do manage to work really hard at it and find a complaint....you don't have to look far to get help... :)

Thank you to everyone!

Room Tip: We were in room 1606. It was on the 3rd floor, two thirds of the way up the side closer to the main...

1,072 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

My family and myself chose this resort because it is right in front of West Bay Beach which is the main reason for our choice. And also, they have a solid back up generator that quickly switches over when we lose power. This is a convenience not easy to come by. The room we were in could use some upgrade and looks a bit tired as I understand the room was part of Phase 1 built some 5.5 years ago. From what I have seen, they are still finishing up their main building thus you will see some roof tiles in the parking lot. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, always ready with a smile. Will come back definitely!

Room Tip: Stay in the Phase 2 buildings which are newer and quieter. And try to avoid ground level rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We visited Infinity Bay during Semana Santa (March 25-April 1/13). We did not realize when we booked that it was during the island's busiest times. I admit we were nervous and did not know what to expect. We flew out of Toronto, and it was the first time flying during a week day. We also paid a bit more and got the "Elite Plus" package through Sunwing. Money well spent. It got us priority check in (no lines to wait in to check our luggage), extra leg room on the flight, and extra baggage allowance. It was a short bus ride from the airport to the resort. Check in was SLOW, we had to form a very long line that extended out the door of the lobby. Luckily one of the wait staff came over with a nice fruity drink for us, and there was a table with some snacks there waiting for us as well. Our room was not ready yet upon arrival (which we expected, as we got there before noon). We changed into our bathing suits and headed to the bar and made the best of it. Our hotel room was beautiful (2 bathrooms, a full kitchen, king size bed, and a lovely view of the pool from the second floor). Here is the part with my only real complaints:

1) Housekeeping. Our bed was made everyday. Floors were washed. Towels were replaced if we left them on the floor (which is great for conservation/sustainability). That's about it as far as cleaning went. We never did get our toiletries replaced at all. I went a day or two without a facecloth (which I use everyday). Coffee wasn't replaced daily either. And, the "small" details were not looked after. E.g. In other resorts, we have always had towel "animals" or heart shapes and flowers in places like the bed or bathroom. There were no bells and whistles like that. They did not clean off counters, left dirty dishes by the bed, etc. Yes I know we are totally capeable of cleaning up after ourselves. BUT...it's part of vacation, isn't it?

2) We requested the "honeymoon" package, which was to include a bottle of wine and fruit in the room upon arrival. After 4 days, asking the desk TWICE, going to the Sunwing Rep and being assured it would be delivered, it did not come. It wasn't until our friend went to speak to the manager (Rick) that it finally got delivered. Rick came through for us beautifully, there was wine, champagne, cheese and fruit in our room within the hour. I didn't want to make a big deal of it, and we were just going to forget about it. Our friend was adamant that we shouldn't let it go, and that it was the principle of it. Thanks Rick :)

The food was unbelieveable. Hot, fresh, and delicious. Wonderful omlettes made to order. They do not have the wide variety that the larger resorts have, but the food they do have is of much better quality.

The wait staff work their tails off for you. Always happy to see you, always friendly, and were prompt with their service. That applies to the bartenders as well. It was very busy at times (due to Semana Santa) but they never kept you waiting long.

Grounds were kept clean, beautiful flowers and trees, always lots of beach chairs to choose from. A few people would go down in the morning and "save" chairs (there are signs posted up that after 45 min the towel will be moved). This didn't seem to be a big issue though.

Snorkelling was unbelieveable. Who knew there was so much beauty beneath the water. We know not to touch the coral or remove anything. But there were a few idiots that were out there climbing on it, standing on it, breaking off pieces of the plants, etc. That's difficult to watch. I did see someone out there on a kayak and her job (I believe) is to monitor this type of thing. Thank goodness for that.

We took a trip to the West End via water taxi. Glad we went. Some lovely shopping and interesting places to visit and eat.

Overall, it's a wonderful place to visit. If we do go back, we probably won't go during Semana Santa, although the people watching was quite interesting :)

Room Tip: Up on a higher floor. By the pool is nice for the view.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is a great choice if you're looking for a hotel on Roatan. West Bay beach might be the most beautiful beach you'll ever see. The rooms are large and comfortable. It's nice to have all the kitchen amenities. The hotel staff is very friendly and accommodating. Delta Vacations screwed up our reservation (surprise, surprise) and the staff was able to fix things for us. There are plenty of beach and pool chairs. The pool is great and a nice change of pace from the beach. The reef is right in front of the hotel and there's a dive shop on site. No reason to stay anywhere else. Enjoy!

Kitchener
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stayed at Infinity Bay from February 11/13 until February 18/13. Our flight was slightly delayed due to weather but all things considered, flight was uneventful, which I guess is the way you want it.

Arrival: Airport was slow to process you (hurry up to line up)
Infinity Bay is about 20 minutes from the airport
Met with drinks and finger food prior to check in, which was nice

Check In: It was pretty quick, however, we were one of the first buses to arrive.
The line grew, proportional, to the number of buses arriving
They may want to look into putting more people at the front desk during check in
That said, the girls who were on the desk were very efficient and were getting people through as quickly as time allowed.

Met Tom, the acting Manager, Rick was on holiday. His last words as he was walking away were "You're going to love it."

Room: They gave us a two bedroom suite, two bathrooms, kitchen,and a common area with a balcony.
Our luggage was delivered to our room promptly
First time I shared a room with my brother and sister-in-laws
Everything worked out great.
Room was well appointed with stainless steel appliances, mahogany trim and an ice dispenser in the fridge door.

Be advised that if you take any bottled water out of the fridge you will be charged for it. The water is safe to drink out of the tap regardless of any other stories you may hear from other guests.

Bar: Always had good service
You are on Island time, be patient.
The bartenders have a group of paying customers, all-inclusive customers and on certain days Cruise ship customers(They do a fantastic job)
Remember they have to fill the waiters orders as well as yours, sorry but you can't always be first.

Beach: If I were to find fault with the beach it would be that it is too narrow(not Infinity's fault)
Wake up early if you want your choice of beach chairs.
Grocery store and shops down the beach to the right.
Snorkeling was beyond fantastic, taking more underwater pictures than resort pictures
Swim out to the 150' drop off, you can make it and you won't be disappointed.
I didn't go myself but, other guests who did go, told me that there was more marine life and the coral was more colourful on the other side of the island.
Took bug spray but didn't use it.

Food: You get tickets for two a-la-carte dinners per week.
All of the food was good, we didn't have a bad meal anywhere, not even at the buffet.
The shrimp dinners are fantastic.
How can I sum this up? We had Beef Wellington at the buffet, enough said.

People: Let me say "Thank you" to all of the staff at Infinity Bay for making my vacation so memorable and uneventful. I did not met one individual who was not polite or who didn't have a solution to any concern we had. I commend you all.

People to note: Jerry Lee, Silvia, Darlen, and Alvin are all staff at the buffet. They always had a smile, were always happy and made sure that we had everything we needed.
Wallan Lopez our omelet maker always made the perfect eggs
All of the bar tenders and especially Adel and Puma for the great service.
The girls at the front desk for dealing with rude and inconsiderate guests and still maintaining a smile and their composure.

Tip them all, they deserve it.

Mentions: Look up Captain Brooks if you want to go fishing. He has a smaller boat but came in with fish 4 out of 5 times, he went out. Ask for him by name at the dock to the right of the resort.
Pinky, a young guy wearing a yellow vest and a red and white Canada hat, he can get you anything you need from fishing to para sailing, at a good price.

Would I go Back again? Yes I would and as Tom said "You're going to love it."

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

first time at infinity bay resort but several times in roatan. beautiful rooms and resort. new all inclusive offered by sunwing, fantastic price. pleasantly surprised by the great food on the buffet. fresh no recycling, no 5 hr old salads. diving on location good, snorkling great. pool, bar great. maybe could use some nightlife and you have the problem of the sand fleas. fore warned is fore armed. will return

Room Tip: closer to the beach is best. there are steps to climb if on upper floors. elevators weren't work...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Waterford, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We have been going to infinity bay since they had opened. It has become like our second home. This year we decided to have a destination retirement party at the resort. I can't begin to tell you what a excellent job they did, down to every last detail. Grace was the organizer of the details and didn't miss a thing. The food was a total surprise. Even though Infinity Bay has good food, I assumed like any other place in the states with events the food for the size group we had might be subpar. Was I ever wrong. The food was EXCELLENT!!!!!! The staff are all wonderful. I would suggest to anyone that wants to hold a event that Infinity Bay is the place to go.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!