We visited Infinity Bay during Semana Santa (March 25-April 1/13). We did not realize when we booked that it was during the island's busiest times. I admit we were nervous and did not know what to expect. We flew out of Toronto, and it was the first time flying during a week day. We also paid a bit more and got the "Elite Plus" package through Sunwing. Money well spent. It got us priority check in (no lines to wait in to check our luggage), extra leg room on the flight, and extra baggage allowance. It was a short bus ride from the airport to the resort. Check in was SLOW, we had to form a very long line that extended out the door of the lobby. Luckily one of the wait staff came over with a nice fruity drink for us, and there was a table with some snacks there waiting for us as well. Our room was not ready yet upon arrival (which we expected, as we got there before noon). We changed into our bathing suits and headed to the bar and made the best of it. Our hotel room was beautiful (2 bathrooms, a full kitchen, king size bed, and a lovely view of the pool from the second floor). Here is the part with my only real complaints:
1) Housekeeping. Our bed was made everyday. Floors were washed. Towels were replaced if we left them on the floor (which is great for conservation/sustainability). That's about it as far as cleaning went. We never did get our toiletries replaced at all. I went a day or two without a facecloth (which I use everyday). Coffee wasn't replaced daily either. And, the "small" details were not looked after. E.g. In other resorts, we have always had towel "animals" or heart shapes and flowers in places like the bed or bathroom. There were no bells and whistles like that. They did not clean off counters, left dirty dishes by the bed, etc. Yes I know we are totally capeable of cleaning up after ourselves. BUT...it's part of vacation, isn't it?
2) We requested the "honeymoon" package, which was to include a bottle of wine and fruit in the room upon arrival. After 4 days, asking the desk TWICE, going to the Sunwing Rep and being assured it would be delivered, it did not come. It wasn't until our friend went to speak to the manager (Rick) that it finally got delivered. Rick came through for us beautifully, there was wine, champagne, cheese and fruit in our room within the hour. I didn't want to make a big deal of it, and we were just going to forget about it. Our friend was adamant that we shouldn't let it go, and that it was the principle of it. Thanks Rick :)
The food was unbelieveable. Hot, fresh, and delicious. Wonderful omlettes made to order. They do not have the wide variety that the larger resorts have, but the food they do have is of much better quality.
The wait staff work their tails off for you. Always happy to see you, always friendly, and were prompt with their service. That applies to the bartenders as well. It was very busy at times (due to Semana Santa) but they never kept you waiting long.
Grounds were kept clean, beautiful flowers and trees, always lots of beach chairs to choose from. A few people would go down in the morning and "save" chairs (there are signs posted up that after 45 min the towel will be moved). This didn't seem to be a big issue though.
Snorkelling was unbelieveable. Who knew there was so much beauty beneath the water. We know not to touch the coral or remove anything. But there were a few idiots that were out there climbing on it, standing on it, breaking off pieces of the plants, etc. That's difficult to watch. I did see someone out there on a kayak and her job (I believe) is to monitor this type of thing. Thank goodness for that.
We took a trip to the West End via water taxi. Glad we went. Some lovely shopping and interesting places to visit and eat.
Overall, it's a wonderful place to visit. If we do go back, we probably won't go during Semana Santa, although the people watching was quite interesting :)
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Venere, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.