We stayed at the Infinity Bay Resort for 14 days, Feb. 18th to March 4th. So after 14 days I feel I am qualified to give an objective and honest opinion. We (early 70s) have visited 15 countries over a number of years and generally always stay at 4 to 5 star resorts. This was our 1st visit to Roatan and the Infinity Bay Resort. We look for good beaches, clean rooms, friendly staff and quality and selection of food.
After 14 Days this is our opinion:
Beach- One of the nicest beaches you will find anywhere. The reef is right in front of your beach chair, I’m not exaggerating, and the reef is about 50 feet away. The snorkeling is fantastic. I was able to take pictures of marine wildlife I have not seen in other resort areas. When dive instructors from other areas take their clients to the best sites, it is right in front of the Infinity Bay Resort. Try to imagine relaxing in the sun, on the beach, drink in hand, looking out on the water……
Security in this hotel is very efficient, vendors are able to walk up to you if you want you to but if Security senses you are not comfortable they will ensure you are not approached. On the topic of vendors, you have some of the same as you get in most resort beaches but Roatan has different products. Honduran wood and carved stone fish are unique.
The pool of Infinity Bay is absolutely beautiful. It has to be the cleanest pool on the island. As you are heading for breakfast you can see them cleaning and polishing. As I said, the cleanest pool on the island.
Room- Large and well laid out. The condo we were in had a full size fridge, stove, microwave, and the cabinets were stocked with everything you would need if you decided to cook in your room. The king size bed was very comfortable and we slept very well during our entire stay. The cleaning lady, Angelica, put a new meaning in the word "clean", when she is finished your room sparkles. We had a suite that had a view of the pool and the ocean, it was spectacular.
Staff- In all our travels we have never encountered a more friendly or helpful group of people. From the front desk (truly great), meal servers (couldn't be better) bartenders, (always smiling and ready to serve). I have never seen a resort where the Senior Management from the General Manager, Rick), Food and beverage Manager, and all the other senior management take the time to stop you and inquire genuinely about your stay. … THEY REALLY CARE.
The waiters in the restaurant are extremely friendly and helpful. There are so many I hesitate to name anyone for fear of leaving someone out, but I really must give credit to Jerry Lee and his smiling face, (we really liked the sing-a-longs), Oscar, who was always ready to greet you and make you feel truly welcome, Sylvia, who never let our water glasses go empty and all the rest for their excellent service. Those whose names I have omitted, please forgive me.
Food – The main restaurant is buffet service and the service is impeccable. The selection is not as large as other all inclusive we have been to but the quality of the food presented makes up for quantity. I can honestly say from day 1 until day 14 we couldn't have asked for better quality or selection. Breakfast – always-fresh eggs or omelets any way you want them, waffles, juices, fresh fruit, and lots of other choices.
Dinner - A new theme each night featuring different countries and food. The Infinity Bay buffet gets it right – Hot foods are hot and the cold foods are cold. Each night it was something to look forward to. The quality and selection each day was awesome. A lot of fresh salads and each themed night had a great selection of foods from that country. This resort offers room only or all-inclusive. For us the all inclusive was the best way to go but there are dozens of restaurants within short walking distance on the beach.
Lunch – Right on the beach – A full service menu featuring the best grilled fresh fish, chicken, pork, tacos, the choices are impressive. All this with the ocean just steps in front of you.
If this review sounds like a testimonial, than I guess it is. I am sure that just like you, over the years we have gone to too many resorts that make promises but fail to deliver. The Infinity Bay Resort is one resort that delivers on all its promises.
I would rate this resort a 10 out of 10
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras