We were lucky enough to be at this property February 18 - 25. Our group has travelled through much of the Caribbean and so have a good ability to compare beaches, food, and diving (our three most important factors when choosing properties). We travelled with three other couples and enjoyed every minute of our vacation. We were SunWing guests and therefore utilized the all-inclusive option. I want to comment that our SunWing reps were outstanding. This is the first orientation that I have sat through that I truly felt I learned something I wanted to know about vs. feeling that there was a hard sell on tours happening. These girls gave us information that helped us navigate the island, decide what we wanted to tour, and to go to West End on Friday night for the Fiesta, and such. Kudos ladies!
The food - was absolutely delicious. Though not a huge buffet, we all preferred fewer choices with a much higher quality. The theme nights were very good and we really had no reason to look anywhere else to eat. We did go out one night and had a terrible experience at the Artesian Grill, just down the beach. Our meals arrived after a 2 1/2 hour wait and then a couple of meals were missed and a couple of were overcooked. We never went out again.
Drinks - we made friends with a couple of the servers and experienced nothing but great service. Steve was our favorite and we always felt well taken care of.
Beach - beautiful beyond words. A little cramped for my liking but the view and the ability to snorkel and dive directly from our beach made me forget about feeling cramped. The divers in our group were able to rent scuba gear from Infinity Divers and dove directly from the pier in front of the hotel for $20 per dive. This alone makes it completely worthwhile to return to this property.
Snorkelling/Diving - we all were thrilled with the reef and all of the fish there were to see.
Rooms - the rooms at Infinity were truly some of the nicest rooms were have ever stayed in. What you receive is an apartment. Is it more room then we needed? Yes, but man was it nice to be able to have coffee on my lanai every morning and not wake my husband up. Though washing clothes in never on my list of things to do while on vacation, with having a washer and dryer in the room, I was able to wash our bathing suits and a couple of other things.
We can't wait to return and are planning to do so at Christmas this year. We have two teenage boys who would think they were in heaven at this property.
We felt very safe and walked the beach at night a couple of times.
Many of the stores and businesses outside of the resort were owned by Canadians and many of them western Canadians. It was eye opening to hear of all of the western Canadians that have moved to Roatan. Unfortunately, we will have to continue working and are not quite ready to make the move just yet - but we are certainly thinking about it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras