“My stay was like a Home away from home but in paradise.” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Resort   |   West Bay Beach | Island of Roatan, West Bay, Honduras   |
Announcement
Book now!!
Ranked #2 of 11 hotels in West Bay
“My stay was like a Home away from home but in paradise.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

My stay at infinity bay resort was amazing. All the staff were more than kind especially the GM mr Rick kolinsky. The room we had was amazing. It was like a condo. Probably the nicest I've ever seen and stayed in. There was so much to do and had such a great time. I can't wait to go back. I would recommend infinity bay to anyone who wants to be in paradise but feel the comfort of home all in one

• Stayed May 2012

1,078 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
West Dover, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My brother and I stayed at Infinity Bay for a week back in May 2012 and it was amazing. The views were breathtaking, the staff went above and beyond anything expectations, and the food was delicious. If your looking for a place that's quite, peaceful, and relaxing this is the place to go. I highly suggest the Infinity Bay Resort to everyone whose looking into planning a trip down to Roatan

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Lawrence, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Just got back from 6th trip here. Been a bunch of places but none like this... We are beach lovers that love to snorkel. West Bay, where Infinity Bay is, is located on the West End of island, north side, which means the ocean waves are normally all going away from you leaving you with a beach that little kids and older people can go into water.
I've seen almost everything in water.
Divers paradise...
People are friendly, they take Dollars, central time zone, fully furnished condos with satellite TV and free internet. Also great adventures to go on using Avi (Averard D'Souza) for tours through Infinity Bay. Avi will take care of you and has been wonderful... He'd get off work, hunt me down on the beach, and we'd head out to deep water to spear lionfish. I've watched him freedive over 50' deep. Lotsa fun to have here... He booked a zipline tour for us where he arranged for the company to help us take my 78 year old mother and our 20 year old special needs daughter... Yes, they had a blast.
Everyone is really laid back...
Security guards onsite to make sure no one bothers you...
We feel like this is our 2nd home. Been getting to know allot of the residents that stay there year round...
Gotta try it...
Been to Puerto Vallarta, Cancun, Cozumel, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Saint Kitts, and Maui, Hawaii. This is the only true tropical island we've been to since I met my lovely wife on Guam when we were kids at 14 and 15. We've been searching for someplace like that for a long time, someplace that wasn't on the other side of the world and that we could fly to in a single day...

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the pool, which is closer to the ocean.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ontario, Canada (north of 7 !)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Infinity Bay in mid January and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience.
Check in went well considering there were a lot of people arriving at once.
Our room wasn’t ready right away so we took off to explore the grounds and about 10 minutes later as we were passing through the lobby to hit the buffet for lunch, the woman on the desk saw us and called us over to give us our room keys.
We had room 1203 which is located on the second floor and only steps from the beach. It had a full kitchen (with an ice cube dispenser on the fridge – and no worries about the water), dining room and living room with 2 bathrooms and 2 balconies. Awesome!
Food at Infinity Bay was always first class. The buffet is smaller than we are used to and a couple of times we had to wait briefly while dishes were re filled, but the quality of the meals and the service was always outstanding.
The beach was also a real highlight of the trip. While it can get busy, we never found ourselves too over run. And like everyone else says, the snorkeling was awesome. Pack your snorkel gear and try it!

Room Tip: My feeling is usually at least the second floor, with buildings 1 through 6 and 10 through 14 being...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
tegucigalpa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

The staff is very friendly. The rooms are a great size, the furniture is comfortable and the views are fantastic. My kids enjoyed snorkeling and swimming if the water, only 20 steps from the Palapa Bar. We will keep going back.

Room Tip: I prefer up front, closer to the Palapa Bar, but the rooms towards the entrance are perfect for not...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Collingwood, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Our 8th time to Roatan and1st to Infinity Bay. Nicest resort and best food in West Bay.
My only complaint was there was no music in the suites' but Rick (the manager) assured me they will have music channels on the TV soon. I was able to find Jango music stations on my iPad with complementary Wi-Fi at IB.
Beautiful, spacious 1 bedroom suite with very comfortable beds and furniture and just a few steps from the best beach on the island. And Of course, it is also the closest resort to the reef.

The staff, best service ever! They certainly go out of their way to make you feel special. Don't forget to tip! Can't remember everyone's name but special thanks to Eldon, Mario, Darnell, Davinchi, and Angela in the buffet. Personally, I found the food better in the buffet than the a la carte- hats off to the chef!

Sunwing reps Francine and Estelle are very helpful, professional and a tribute to Sunwing.

Sue-Ann from atyourserviceroatan.com can make your stay even better with her concierge services. She arranged us to be whisked off from the airport in no time (luggage, customs, transportation) and at IB before everyone else that took the bus transfer; so no line-up at check-in for a nominal fee. She can arrange for tours or just drivers at less cost and even gives you a free cell phone to use to make local calls.

Can't wait for next time Rick- thanks again!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I spent two weeks in December 2012. We are divers and cannot say enough good things about our dive experience. First the staff is awesome love Riccardo and Andrea and everyone else. We saw more sea life then we ever have before I still dream about it. Our favorite dive was the ship wreck 110ft deep. We saw big groupers, large crap and lobsters and a big beautiful green moray eel. The ship wreck was a lot of fun and we went in and out of it I felt like a real adventurer. The dive equipment if you are renting is new and in great shape and the valet dive service was awesome. Ever time you dive your equipment is on the boat waiting for you, you never have to load or unload a thing. We also tried the shark dive set up by infinity bay but not on site, you were loaded onto a van and driven to the other side of the island. The drive was easy not long and scenic allowed us to see some of the rest of the island. The shark dive was well worth the $100 price, plus $40 for the video which is a must we have shown ever one how brave we were. We actually swam with at least 20 sharks 10 to 14 feet long and never felt threatened. I even found a shark tooth after we feed the sharks what a great souvenir.

The snorkeling was as good as it gets right off the shore. There was so much coral to see we were not able to see it all in two weeks because we also dove almost everyday. We saw turtles,eels, parrots fish, stings rays, schools of purple fish, lobsters, big angel fish, schools of baby squid and barracuda's. You couldn't see more diving unbelievable snorkeling experience.

Other activities we enjoyed the sip line was fun the staff was hilarious really making sure we had a great time. Infinity bay also provides free kayaks for people staying there. We like to take the kayak out to a restaurant on the water down the beach, have some lunch and drinks and jump back in go back to infinity bay.

Food was great period don't listen to anyone who says otherwise. The chef is so into producing good food every night we could not wait to see what he would come up with next. We did the all inclusive package and thought is was a great value. Our only compliant is that you have to go inside for lunch and as divers and snorkelers we are wet all the time and did not want to get clean to go to eat. So we ended up buying lunch at the beach bar a lot, we made our complaint known so we hope in the future they will set up something on the beach. They are snacks but compared to the buffet they are not a great choice.

We went deep sea fishing and caught tuna and mahi mahi fish. We brought it back to the docks and the fisherman cleaned it for us right on the dock so fun to watch, then he bagged it and we took it straight up to the kitchen. The chef prepared it all for us, three different ways and served it to us that night, what fun and great service.

Our room was 1200 block close to the beach main floor, which we love no stairs. No much to say about the room it was just perfect. The water is the best we have ever experience on a tropical holiday, drink it right from the tap.

Pool great. Beach great. Bar service great. Hotel staff great.

We are going straight back can't wait to get in some more diving. We certainly would not hesitate to recommend this place, best place to stay from all that we saw.

We want to especially thank Andrea from the dive shop he is sooo funny he made us love all the time, hope he is still there in May 2013. Also the chef went beyond the call of duty cooking up our fish not just one style but three different ways, he made us feel so special.

I am dreaming of my trip back.

Room Tip: I think rooms are very personal choice, we love main floor close to the beach. I would definitely up...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!