“If you love diving and snorkeling this is the palce to go.” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
XMAS IN JULY 60% OFF!!!!
Ranked #2 of 11 hotels in West Bay
calgary
“If you love diving and snorkeling this is the palce to go.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I spent two weeks in December 2012. We are divers and cannot say enough good things about our dive experience. First the staff is awesome love Riccardo and Andrea and everyone else. We saw more sea life then we ever have before I still dream about it. Our favorite dive was the ship wreck 110ft deep. We saw big groupers, large crap and lobsters and a big beautiful green moray eel. The ship wreck was a lot of fun and we went in and out of it I felt like a real adventurer. The dive equipment if you are renting is new and in great shape and the valet dive service was awesome. Ever time you dive your equipment is on the boat waiting for you, you never have to load or unload a thing. We also tried the shark dive set up by infinity bay but not on site, you were loaded onto a van and driven to the other side of the island. The drive was easy not long and scenic allowed us to see some of the rest of the island. The shark dive was well worth the $100 price, plus $40 for the video which is a must we have shown ever one how brave we were. We actually swam with at least 20 sharks 10 to 14 feet long and never felt threatened. I even found a shark tooth after we feed the sharks what a great souvenir.

The snorkeling was as good as it gets right off the shore. There was so much coral to see we were not able to see it all in two weeks because we also dove almost everyday. We saw turtles,eels, parrots fish, stings rays, schools of purple fish, lobsters, big angel fish, schools of baby squid and barracuda's. You couldn't see more diving unbelievable snorkeling experience.

Other activities we enjoyed the sip line was fun the staff was hilarious really making sure we had a great time. Infinity bay also provides free kayaks for people staying there. We like to take the kayak out to a restaurant on the water down the beach, have some lunch and drinks and jump back in go back to infinity bay.

Food was great period don't listen to anyone who says otherwise. The chef is so into producing good food every night we could not wait to see what he would come up with next. We did the all inclusive package and thought is was a great value. Our only compliant is that you have to go inside for lunch and as divers and snorkelers we are wet all the time and did not want to get clean to go to eat. So we ended up buying lunch at the beach bar a lot, we made our complaint known so we hope in the future they will set up something on the beach. They are snacks but compared to the buffet they are not a great choice.

We went deep sea fishing and caught tuna and mahi mahi fish. We brought it back to the docks and the fisherman cleaned it for us right on the dock so fun to watch, then he bagged it and we took it straight up to the kitchen. The chef prepared it all for us, three different ways and served it to us that night, what fun and great service.

Our room was 1200 block close to the beach main floor, which we love no stairs. No much to say about the room it was just perfect. The water is the best we have ever experience on a tropical holiday, drink it right from the tap.

Pool great. Beach great. Bar service great. Hotel staff great.

We are going straight back can't wait to get in some more diving. We certainly would not hesitate to recommend this place, best place to stay from all that we saw.

We want to especially thank Andrea from the dive shop he is sooo funny he made us love all the time, hope he is still there in May 2013. Also the chef went beyond the call of duty cooking up our fish not just one style but three different ways, he made us feel so special.

I am dreaming of my trip back.

Room Tip: I think rooms are very personal choice, we love main floor close to the beach. I would definitely up...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

1,048 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed at Infinity Bay from the 10th to 24th of Dec. The resort location is perfect, with the exeption of when cruiseships are at the port, then it is crowded.

Food:
The food at the buffet is excellent. They have theme nights, and the selection is great. The staff are very attentive to details and make sure that you are taken care of. We always left a tip, and it was greatly appreciated. Inside the restaurant can be noisy, but on the balcony it was much better.

Pool:
The pool area is clean and well maintained. They started the snack service at the pool while we were there; it was great!

Beach:
The water is warm and crystal clear. We went snorkeling several times just to the left of the resort, it was amazing!! Lots of different species of fish to see and the coral is stunning.

We also went to Sandy Bay at a Windsurfing School (http://www.windsurfhonduras.com), we had a wonderful day; and would highly recommend this.

Room Tip: Block 16 was in a great location as it was in close proximity to everything.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sudbury, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Although we experienced the out of season steady rain and winds for 10 of our 14 days, we enjoyed our stay and time at this resort. Fortunately we had a wonderful 2 bedroom (1500 sq.ft) accomodation so for two couples we had the space needed for indoor reading and relaxing. We also ventured out by walking the beach and even snorkeled when the rain was falling slightly and the seas were calmer.
Kudo's to the dining staff esp. Angela's hard working group - a real team effort was witnessed at every meal. Food was superb for every meal. We preferred the dining room over Palapa' Beach Bar & Restaurent - too many sand flies and dampness with the rainfall. The International Dining room food stuff was consistantly 'very good' with a nice variety - just the right amount of choice with little wasteage that you often see at AI resorts. Some client suggestions were made (ie one door to balcony needs some sanitary attention; dedicated busboys vs. all staff cleaning and setting tables). EXCELLENT SERVICE - don't be stingy about tipping folks (ie $1us/table of 4 is fine) as these folks don't make much of a salary and work long and hard days.
Gardens and accessability for disabled is much better than the norm for resorts like this one.
Security is good and they do a good job in monitoring haglers for the clients without making you feel uncomfortable about it.
Housekeeping - had a few hit and miss days where we had to call late in the day for our villa to be cleaned. Suspect management needs to hire more staff as the workers do a good job.
HOTEL Activities person (Avi) was not very useful at all. Unless you had a group of 8 or more to go somewhere he wasn't interested. With 10 days of rain many guests would have enjoyed group activities indoors to pass the time (card games, Spanish lessons, yoga or pilates, etc.).
Avi was difficult to pin point and when you would see him, his cell phone was glued to his ear.

CORAL for snorkeling is the best we've seen in many years and right off the beach. Again, Avi could have done a better job describing to people the best entry points and where to go. There were local guys daily in kayaks monitoring the water but we did not know their role until later during our stay - we think they patrol for the marine park???
OVERALL - yes we would go back to this spot even though the 'spa' is non-existent.

Room Tip: Blocks 15 & 16 have great rooms and the view is good of the gardens & pool. There are no tr...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stayed at Infinity Bay Resort Jan 14-21 with a group of 21 for our wedding. Second trip to Roatan, first to IB. Upon arrival (Noon) we were greeted with a slow check in and unfortunately we did not get our room until 5:30 pm. Fortunately we packed bathing suits in our carry on luggage aned spent the wait poolside. Upon arrival to our room, I was very impressed by the accommodation (2 bedroom villa). Spacious, clean nicely appointed room, 2 balconies (1 for each room, 2 bathrooms) very well suited to us and our 2 young children. The resort is small (the way I like it) grounds are well groomed, pool is nice, beach is best I've travelled to (have been to cuba, costa rica, el salvador) and feels very secure. The resort is not a party place. For those looking to let loose till the wee hours...this place is not for you! The sunwing package includes the buffet and 2 a la carte meals. Although somewhat limited the resort does their best to ensure daily variety and good quality dishes. What the buffet lacked in selection was definitely overshadowed by the quality of what was served. Each night we were presented with a different theme..Honduran, Asian, Mexican, Italian, Seafood, French, and BBQ. I cannot say I had a bad experience at dinner and the quality of the buffet food was better than any other resort I have been to, The food served at the a la carte was very good as well. If there is a drawback to the all inclusive dining package it is the lack of option to eat anywhere other than the buffet unless you pay or use an a la carte meal. Daily snacks are very limited and quite frankly were not that good. The service at the resort was for the most part very good. The wait staff and bartenders were pleasant and generally quite efficient. The front desk staff maybe left a little to be desired and sometimes gave conflicting or incorrect information. I think that this is due to the fact that the resort is new to the all inclusive thing and still has some growing pains to endure. All in all though there are no major complaints. For our wedding day, a tropical storm decided to blow in thus eliminating the option for the sunset beach wedding. This is where the resort really shined. Once our plans had to be changed, our wedding planner (Grace) really took charge in presenting alternate options, even involving us with the chef and other key staff in looking for alternate options for our ceremony. In the end, we did not get our beach ceremony, however the service that resulted was fantastic and we cannot thank them enough for going the extra mile to ensure that although the weather did not co-operate, that things went off without a hitch, the service was great and all of our guests had a good time. Great job to all involved, especially Grace who worked with us from beginning to end and did not disappoint! All told, I love Roatan and will go back again. I will also look at Infinity Bay as my accommodation of choice when I do.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Let me start off by saying we didn't not spend a night at the resort, I truly wish we had the time too.

I wrote Infinity Bay one month before my arrival and asked if it was possible to use their services for the day. I received an email back for the Activities Director (Avi) stating that it will be 25pp and to make sure that I get a registered taxi from the port.

We set up a ride with Victor Bodden a month ahead of time to take us to "Infinity Bay".

We arrived in Roatan at 8:25 on our cruise ship and find Victor Bodden in the port. They take us to infinity bay around 9:15am. Upon arrival I show the front desk my email from Avi they contact Avi. Five minutes pass and the front desk phone rings its Avi asking to speak to me. He tells me that he will be up shortly to talk to me.

We go wait in the front room over looking their property. (Its a beautiful view) 15-20 minutes pass and Avi walks in the front door. He informs us the resort is filled up for the day. I show him the conversation we had over email. He then states the supervisor wont allow any more guest for the day.

He tells me that there are other "options" down the beach not to far. We didn't argue with him and left.

I would give the resort another shot down the road. Yes I was disappointed but we found another beautiful place to spend the day.

If you have problems like this please make sure you contact the GM Rick while you are there. He contacted me after I returned back home and defused the situation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed at Infinity Bay in Roatan over Christmas 2012. It is a wonderful resort on one of the most beautiful beaches in the carribbean. We went on the Sunwing All inclusive package and had no problems. The package included access to the buffet and 2 dinners at the a-la carte. Drinks were great, I remember reading one review about the sunwing plan not including certain drinks? We never encountered problems with drinks. We found the beer, wine, and cocktails to be great and weren't charged extra for drinks not included in the plan. Our favourite part about this resort is the staff. The staff members from servers, bartenders, managers are all so friendly, very helpful and they seemed to really enjoy their jobs. We have never been treated like this at another resort. Whatever the owner or managers are doing to keep their staff happy, keep doing it! There was a wedding on the Friday night we were there and I thought it was so well done. The wedding party had their own tent on the beach with tables set up and beautifully decorated. We also dove with Infinity Divers on site, I have posted another review of the scuba company on their tripadvisor site. But overall, Inifinity Divers were great, especially with a beginner/nervous diver like me. We've been to many islands in the carribean and we feel that Roatan is our new favourite.

Below are our pros and cons of the resort.

Pros
-great location on West Bay, beautiful white sand beach
-amazing snorkelling right from the beach
-spacious suites with full kitchen, living area
-great food at the buffet and the a-la carte on the beach
-beautiful sunsets
-great location in west bay, 5 minute walk into town with grocery stores and shops
-resort offers boat shuttles into downtown west bay

Cons
-only 1 bar on the resort, so wait times can be long
-cruise ships came 2-3 days during our stay and took over the resort and the beach. It was so busy and crowded, next time I would avoid cruise ship days and do an excursion on those days
-there is no night-life, the resort and shuts down around 10pm
-no bank machine or money exchange on the resort. We found it very hard to get change for our bills so that we could tip the staff.
-there was no gym! Maybe they're still building it?

Other suggestions
-bring bug spray, I don’t usually get bothered by bug bites, but the sand fleas at the resrot destroyed my legs...I still have scars
-please tip the staff if you get good service (and you will!). Especially if you’re on an all-inclusive, a couple of dollars at a meal or after a drink can really make a difference to the staff who we heard make about $7-10/day.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
On behalf of the entire staff thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. It was such a pleasure that week yo have hosted your group from Canada. Christmas is a special time of the year and we hope to welcome you back some day.....Happy New Year!

Rick K
London,Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We went to Roatan and stayed at Infinity Bay during the third week of January. We found the resort to be very clean and the double room villa was modern and very well equipped. We had the all inclusive package and found the food to be excellent. This is a smaller resort with more attention to quality. If you expect to have access to a buffet all day long, this is not for you as you will not find that here. The meal windows are wide enough to accommodate personal preferences. The resort is in expansion and the spa is not completed yet. Located on a beautiful white powdery sand beach with turquoise water. Lots of trees and vegetation. You can snorkel right off the beach with access to a large reef. Snorkelling and diving are the main activities but there are lots of choices in water sports. You can take a water taxi for $6 US (with return) for a 10 minute ride to West End. I would definitely recommend the West Bay area of Roatan and Infinity Bay Spa & Beach Resort, especially if you enjoy snorkelling as we do.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!