My husband and I spent two weeks in December 2012. We are divers and cannot say enough good things about our dive experience. First the staff is awesome love Riccardo and Andrea and everyone else. We saw more sea life then we ever have before I still dream about it. Our favorite dive was the ship wreck 110ft deep. We saw big groupers, large crap and lobsters and a big beautiful green moray eel. The ship wreck was a lot of fun and we went in and out of it I felt like a real adventurer. The dive equipment if you are renting is new and in great shape and the valet dive service was awesome. Ever time you dive your equipment is on the boat waiting for you, you never have to load or unload a thing. We also tried the shark dive set up by infinity bay but not on site, you were loaded onto a van and driven to the other side of the island. The drive was easy not long and scenic allowed us to see some of the rest of the island. The shark dive was well worth the $100 price, plus $40 for the video which is a must we have shown ever one how brave we were. We actually swam with at least 20 sharks 10 to 14 feet long and never felt threatened. I even found a shark tooth after we feed the sharks what a great souvenir.
The snorkeling was as good as it gets right off the shore. There was so much coral to see we were not able to see it all in two weeks because we also dove almost everyday. We saw turtles,eels, parrots fish, stings rays, schools of purple fish, lobsters, big angel fish, schools of baby squid and barracuda's. You couldn't see more diving unbelievable snorkeling experience.
Other activities we enjoyed the sip line was fun the staff was hilarious really making sure we had a great time. Infinity bay also provides free kayaks for people staying there. We like to take the kayak out to a restaurant on the water down the beach, have some lunch and drinks and jump back in go back to infinity bay.
Food was great period don't listen to anyone who says otherwise. The chef is so into producing good food every night we could not wait to see what he would come up with next. We did the all inclusive package and thought is was a great value. Our only compliant is that you have to go inside for lunch and as divers and snorkelers we are wet all the time and did not want to get clean to go to eat. So we ended up buying lunch at the beach bar a lot, we made our complaint known so we hope in the future they will set up something on the beach. They are snacks but compared to the buffet they are not a great choice.
We went deep sea fishing and caught tuna and mahi mahi fish. We brought it back to the docks and the fisherman cleaned it for us right on the dock so fun to watch, then he bagged it and we took it straight up to the kitchen. The chef prepared it all for us, three different ways and served it to us that night, what fun and great service.
Our room was 1200 block close to the beach main floor, which we love no stairs. No much to say about the room it was just perfect. The water is the best we have ever experience on a tropical holiday, drink it right from the tap.
Pool great. Beach great. Bar service great. Hotel staff great.
We are going straight back can't wait to get in some more diving. We certainly would not hesitate to recommend this place, best place to stay from all that we saw.
We want to especially thank Andrea from the dive shop he is sooo funny he made us love all the time, hope he is still there in May 2013. Also the chef went beyond the call of duty cooking up our fish not just one style but three different ways, he made us feel so special.
I am dreaming of my trip back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras