Although we experienced the out of season steady rain and winds for 10 of our 14 days, we enjoyed our stay and time at this resort. Fortunately we had a wonderful 2 bedroom (1500 sq.ft) accomodation so for two couples we had the space needed for indoor reading and relaxing. We also ventured out by walking the beach and even snorkeled when the rain was falling slightly and the seas were calmer.
Kudo's to the dining staff esp. Angela's hard working group - a real team effort was witnessed at every meal. Food was superb for every meal. We preferred the dining room over Palapa' Beach Bar & Restaurent - too many sand flies and dampness with the rainfall. The International Dining room food stuff was consistantly 'very good' with a nice variety - just the right amount of choice with little wasteage that you often see at AI resorts. Some client suggestions were made (ie one door to balcony needs some sanitary attention; dedicated busboys vs. all staff cleaning and setting tables). EXCELLENT SERVICE - don't be stingy about tipping folks (ie $1us/table of 4 is fine) as these folks don't make much of a salary and work long and hard days.
Gardens and accessability for disabled is much better than the norm for resorts like this one.
Security is good and they do a good job in monitoring haglers for the clients without making you feel uncomfortable about it.
Housekeeping - had a few hit and miss days where we had to call late in the day for our villa to be cleaned. Suspect management needs to hire more staff as the workers do a good job.
HOTEL Activities person (Avi) was not very useful at all. Unless you had a group of 8 or more to go somewhere he wasn't interested. With 10 days of rain many guests would have enjoyed group activities indoors to pass the time (card games, Spanish lessons, yoga or pilates, etc.).
Avi was difficult to pin point and when you would see him, his cell phone was glued to his ear.
CORAL for snorkeling is the best we've seen in many years and right off the beach. Again, Avi could have done a better job describing to people the best entry points and where to go. There were local guys daily in kayaks monitoring the water but we did not know their role until later during our stay - we think they patrol for the marine park???
OVERALL - yes we would go back to this spot even though the 'spa' is non-existent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras